“Have you ever played a game and thought if I couple actually be there I would do some much different, or if only I could actually have that awesome power in real life… well here is your chance..
Join the rest of your fellow gamers in the chance to be part of the first ever VR gaming system… that’s right you could be one of the first to ever truly experience what it is to fight those monsters we all love to crush.” That was the add put out to the world 3 months ago and since then hundreds of thousands have entered the competition.
The 6 best players from around the world were tested and then each one was brought to a new Australian company that is leading the way in developing new technologies for the games.
“Welcome to V-Tech industries, here we aim to provide you with the greatest gaming experiences of your life… we employ over a 1000 people at this one institute along in order to develop newer gaming experiences and technology. And it is one of these very technologies which each of you have been brought here to test… each of you are the best on your own country at a variety of games, but your knowledge of these games will only marginally help you to explore the new world of Eternal” the woman before you said as she led the small group through the complex of buildings. The group was being given a grand all areas tour of V-tech before they were to be shown the first ever VR gaming system.
This is where your character gains their power from, what they use to strike down their opponents and crush their enemies.
- Power – you use strength of your body to beet down your targets and drive them to their doom.
- Stealth – you hide and strike from the shadows, striking out at your opponents with precision.
- Ranged – you hit out at your target from a distance, killing them before they know you’re there.
- Arcane – you draw on the powers of the magical world around you to strike out at your target with the powers of a god at your fingertips.
- Champion – you are a leader of all, your words inspire courage and de-moralise your opponents, you favour higher attack power
- Berserker – you rely on your inner rage to empower your attacks, the greater damage you suffer the stronger your rage and the stronger you attacks get. You care not for defence and only wish to kill you target
- Guardian – you are a walking wall, you choose to stand and protect all where many would fall or flee. You favour heavy armour over attacking power
- Thief – your skill is in taking from others and giving it to yourself, you use underhanded tactics without a second thought
- Assassin – you precision with the small blade causes people to fear you, and you strike out at your opponents weakest points for maximum damage
- Shadow walker – you wield the powers of the shadows at your command, blending into them at will or causing them to hold down your enemies
- archer – your skill in the bow is near legendary, strike out at your target with trick shots from a bow or crossbow
- Ranger – you use both a ranged weapon and call upon the powersnof nature to track down and punish your enemies
- Small arms – your character uses small thrown weapons or grenades to strike you opponent from a shorter range while still dealing damaging
- Mage – you tap into the power of the elements, striking out with fire, wind, water, earth, or lightning at will. These powers require the users to know a ‘power word’ in order to summon them.
- Witch – you talk with and command the spirits in both this and the next world to do you bidding, you use a ‘token/totem’ to call forth your powers.
- Cursed – you are cursed with the mark of the damned, you command and control demons, beasts, and the undead. Using either their powers or even their bodies to do your work for you. Each time you use these powers a glowing mark will appear on your body.
Within the lands of eternal there is 4 common races each with its own culture, language and beliefs
- Human –
just like normal humans, they tend to live just about anywhere, they come in various shapes and sizes and have many different skills, they are the best of all the races at arcane manipulation.
- Elven –
the oldest of the races they live in harmony with nature, and believe that balance is the key to everything. They are best at ranged combat of all the races.
- Dwarf –
short in stature but big in strength, they have no formal religion but worship their ancestors. Dwarfs are a physically strong race and favour the power classes and have a weakness to magic control meaning arcane users are truly rare (only 5 in their recorded history)
- Krian (kre-an)–
are an insectoid race, they stand nearly as tall as humans and have 4 arms and a tough leathery hide covering their body. They live in underground hives and work best in teams, when alone they are fearful and timid by nature. The krian thrive on stealth and prefer to remain hidden just about all the time. this race has a similar aging style to that of elves, meaning they age 1 year of every 2 years of time passed.
Within the VR is the land called Eternal, this is a world built around the basic RPG style games, with a single central land surrounded by various other lands/kingdoms/worlds each accessible through a network of ‘gates’ called the ‘connective area system’ or CAS for short. Our heroes will be landing in a village called ‘Haven‘ in the home of the architect, a living AI computer program that helped build the world around them, and they will be sent from haven to other lands to find a way home.
Within the lands of eternal there are 7 main ‘lands’ that can be travelled to via the CAS, each land is home to all of the races though some have more of one race over another.
- Haven –
Appears to be a simple village housing maybe a hundred people, this is your base and the central land with the other six forming around it. It is considered the central trading hub of the eternal world. when you spawn into this world it is here you start, you start inside a giant cathedral
- Cinder –
Homeland to the krean species this land is mostly desert in nature with oasis’s around which other races have developed, buried beneath the dessert in an ancient city called ‘horusit’.
- Arcian –
Homeland to the elves it is mostly a forest landscape with many of the villages and cities built above the land in the trees, while the elves call it home to cause trouble here is to invite not their anger but that of the land itself.
- bulerior –
Homeland to the dwarves, it is mostly a mountainous region but its true size comes from the underground complexes and cities the dwarves have built. This land is rich in metals and valuables of just about every type, and the smiths and crafters here are said to by legendary in their skills.
- Portus –
The shadow realm, home to the CHAOS maker, is a land of darkness with everything within it corrupted by the chaos. Being the source of the evil corrupting the world of eternal the architect was forced to place a seal on the CAS that leads to the portus, this seal can only be removed by collecting the six (6) ‘keys’ one from each of the other lands.
- Gran –
The land of water, this world is one giant ocean but all life there is able to breathe within it without any difficulty or equipment. Within this great ocean lies a great mystery and adventure.
- Torus –
A landscape of floating cities islands connected via giant cables, they float above nothing more than air. This is the home to the Mages School and the major portion of the human population resides on these islands.
Your real body
favored game style-
Power source- (where you draw your power from)
Class- (choose a class to be)
Ability- (you may name two special attacks your character can use to begin with, these are to be BASIC abilities, though things like basic shooting and melee attacks are a given.)
1- GM is me and I will allocate a co-GM if we get large enough numbers
2- NO god-mod, or meta-gaming
3- violence is coming so you can be reasonable with it… but please not over the top with the blood and guts
4- romance is fine… but please keep it low, I don’t want this turning into something its not
• Firstly be active… by this a mean no more than 3 days without a post unless you tell us first… failure to do so may result in character death/removal, or controlling by GM’s6- if you are PvP’ing then basic rules apply (no auto hitting, you are not invincible, no controlling other characters without permission, both must willingly enter combat) and know that your characters can die
• Please please please try and get a paragraph or more per post (i don't want the moderators breathing down my neck). Paragraphs are 3 sentences at least (if all else fails put in details about the environment)
• Spelling and grammar are to be present, I may not be the best but please make an effort
7- have fun :D
Your real body
Name- Ryan Chinn
Personality- Ryan is a pretty quiet guy, attempting to remain unnoticed and independent. He quietly watches and observes, learning everything that he can. He doesn't like taking risks he might not be able to handle, so everything he does is carefully planned. He prefers to stay alone in a dark room with nothing except his entertainment, supplies to survive in that room for a long time, and classical music.
Gaming Style- Strategy RPG
Bio- He was born to a wealthy family, and was lucky enough to be allowed in as a game tester early on, which fit him perfectly. Although his family dislikes his way of life, and the dishonor he brings to their long line, he is allowed an allowance and to carry on as he wants to. They hope that he will one day realize his error in life and do benefits stuff with his genius talents.
Appearance- Exactly as the picture shows, his hide is black, with small grey stripes running at varied angles and positions. His spines are pure white, signifying him to be of the Vrendari tribe. Slar stands at his tallest to be 5 foot 2.
Personality- As an Assassin you must take in everything at a glance, make critical choices in seconds, and remain hidden. Being a Krian has its advantages in this way of life. Slar is an outcast, away from everything he had known, and doing something entirely new. He has lived this way long enough to have become used to it, although memories do tend to surface of his past. He intends to make his way alone, and doesn't mind doing whatever it takes to survive. He knows that this is a potential benefit to the Krian race, and intends to live the experience. He watches from his lonely point of view, and strikes when he must.
Bio- Slar was stranded and alone, near death Slar decided to do something to protect itself. After Slar was found it could not forget the adventure it had taken trying to return home, it began to go further and further away, creating makeshift items to aid Slar in a very unusual journey. It has forsaken its kind to live on its own, and now is far along his path, and that is where the story begins.
Weapon- 4 Katars built to work with his 'hands', single bladed.
Power source- Stealth
Lunge Attack- striking forward, his two lower 'arms' thrusting the katars held into your middle body, while the upper two cross and then cut off your head.
Rapid Punch- he aims all four of his arms at the same or close enough points of your body. If he needs to he can hold a target down with two of his arms and hit you with the others
Your real body
Personality- he is a bit of a know it all, and thinks that people must earn respect over just being given it for whatever reason.
Favoured game style- he favours FPS (first person shooter) and 3rd person RPG’s
Bio- Jacob had spent about half his time killing zombies on his computer and the other half outside with his couple of neighbors, they spent their time doing just about anything and everything. while he was not gaming he was studying trying to learn what he could. it was one of those pop up ads people see when browsing the web that got Jacob into the idea of joining the competition, it was just as surprising to him that he won and was taken to be a VR tester.
Personality- born in the capital city, Din-hor was found at a young age to possess great magical talent, and was thus sent to the mage school at a young age. He trained there for years until he was called away to the town of haven to join in the fight against the hordes from Portus
weapon- oak bo staff
Power source- arcane
- Arcane bolt – being an arcane class this is a given basic attack all receive
- Lightning leash – the user forma s ‘rope’ of pure lightning
- Nova burst – the user surrounds themselves in flames which then exp
Personality- I’ll make this as I go.
Favoured Genre- Anything, he'll play a text based adventure or a FPS, he'll play whatever he feels like
Biography- Can we remove this?
Name-Kylia Ualuath-Rubymistress Holylance (Used this http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vortexshadow/names.html)
Personality-I’ll make this as I go.
Description-The user surges vertically or horizontally braving huge gaps or tall buildings.
The Technical Stuff- 70ft H 60ft V
Description-You can fire multiple arrows simultaneously against any target.
The Technical Stuff-Any number of arrows up to nine.
In Real Life
Name: Paul Kelly
Personality: Generally outgoing. Has a very open opinion when something crosses his mind.
Bio: A media arts student from Midwest USA, Paul was born and raised in Chicago. Both his parents are lawyers so growing up he had naught but ask for whatever he wanted. That was until he started college and didn’t go to be a lawyer. One of his favorite things that he asked for as a kid was video games. So when he went to college he knew he wanted to make games for the rest of his life. Then, when a company called V-Tech Industries approached him his junior year to test a game for them he happily took the opportunity.
Favored Game Genre: Hack'n'slash
In Game Avatar
Name: Jethro the Deft
Personality: Is a bit of a dick. Quick witted and silver tongued. His words can save you or kill you.
Power source: Stealth
Sneak Attack: When a target has not seen the user this attack deal 30% more damage.
Backstab: When a target is distracted by an ally this attack deals 15% more damage.
Your real body
Appearance- a slightly shorter then average man with meduim long brwon hair and beard wearing a dressing-gown over a white t-shirt and blue tracksuit panits
Personality- calm layed back and easygoing
favored game style- rpg
Bio- a single gamer who never realy leaves the house yet maintaines a moderate tan and kepts his social skills sharp by playing mmo and other online gameing from his home
Name- Ironstout Bronzebeard
Personality- a hot headed dwarf pron to charging in before thinking, his rage if fueled by his thirst fir ale and cake
Power source- power
Ability- Power slam - he jump in to the air and flips forward bringing his weapon down in a long sweeping arc
Diggy Diggy - rapidly swings diging the ground out from under the enemy and slashing there feet at the same time
here is the IC - http://roleplayerguild.com/showthread.php?t=159020