AOTM #20: Guidelines
None this time. We will decide which pieces go into Advanced/Casual based on the finished piece.
- Avatar: 150x150
- Signature: 500x300
- Title of PM: AOTM #20: Casual/Advanced (delete as necessary).
- Two components are required for Casual.
- Three components are required for Advanced.
- Submissions for Advanced need to have an accompanying PSD/GIMP file and all resources used. (4shared or MediaFire)
- Animation: Allowed
- Medium: Any visual art allowed. Please specify if any part of it is created solely by yourself (Photography, Self-Drawn, etc.)
- Upload your entry to: tinypic or imgur
- Anonymity is required, so do not post your piece anywhere else during the competition. This includes, but is not limited to, personal websites, tumblr, DeviantArt, etc. Doing so will result in instant disqualification.
- List the components used in your PM, stating how you've used each.
- All entries are to be PM'd to AOTM
- Resubmissions are strictly prohibited.
All participants or those interested in the contest must go to the provided link above and read over the guidelines. Users must adhere to the rules in order to participate in any of the RPG competitions. Please post any questions regarding this week's theme in this thread, or post to show general interest. If you have a question about the theme that make your entry no longer anonymous, please contact the AOTM account via PM.
As another note, be SURE to upload your submission to tinypic or imgur, and use the direct link for layouts as your submission link. Photobucket, image shack, and deviantart are NOT acceptable, for they are not anonymous methods for your entry.
There have been a few additions and changes to the 'Rules of the Month,' so be mindful of them - such as the division between Casual and Advanced. As another note, be aware that ALL Advanced entries MUST be submitted with the final piece, and a PSD / or links to the original stocks used for any graphics.
The division between Casual and Advanced is a personal choice to help ensure beginner artists are not overlooked against more advanced designers. AOTM Advanced winners are not allowed to re-enter the Casual competition; however, AOTM Casual winners have the choice to remain in Casual, or move to Advanced.
Artists, grab your camera, your sketchpad, your tablet, Photoshop, GIMP, or whatever tools you wish to use to complete your piece!
Neat. This is a challenge most of the artists in here probably do for themselves anyway, so it's nice and open to people.
Also, I think it would be nice if (since the guidelines and voting overlap now) in the current voting thread, you posted to tell people that the new guidelines thread was up. I only found this by a mixture between accident and bored browsing.
It's always nice when AOTM gets a make-over, so I'm looking forward to seeing some great entries!
- It does not have to be art themed. Go wild!
Also, I should be entering this month x)
I'm entering. Once I finish my graphic present.
Entries so far:
I would give it a try, but my computer-graphics programs frustrate me to no end. SOOO many tools, so little knowledge of how to use any of them.
You can take a photo of a physical piece you've made, and then just crop it/resize it to the required size :)