Kanto: Gym Leader Trials. - Pokemon
At this point in time you are wondering what is going on in the Kanto region, well I'll tell you.
A few of the Kanto Gym leaders are stepping down and are in need of replacement, at a meeting held by the Champion, Ash Ketchum, all decided it was time to hold a contest, to find the 4 next best candidates at becoming the next gym leaders of specific gyms. Choosing 64 of the toughest participants, they are determined to find their next gym leaders.
The leaders and Ash are being hard on the Trainers for a reason, and the 64 who pass are then split up again, this time from 64 to 32 by another wave of tests. This time they're put into double teams and asked to battle on different terrain and take another test but it will be much harder and written rather than multiple choice. And finally they are into 8 teams of 4 people per team. Each team will consist of different people applying for different positions. The small teams are then taken out with a random leader. The leaders will be swapped every two weeks. The leaders will take their team around the region, battling and testing them.
The teams get a collective pass or no pass to help instill unity rather than rivalry among their group. Outside their small group, rivalries occur more than enough. In the group of 4, it's best to help one another and give advice and get to know another, as chances are that, if you work together, you can achieve your goal of becoming a Gym Leader.
When groups have been announced and divided. It is possible for one or two characters to already know each other. During the week of exams, Trainers have stayed on site in a building with apartments right outside the I.P. During the rest of their training, they may return to the I.P but for the most part, everything will be on foot and things will range from helping people around Kanto, to battling, to studying. It all depends on what leader is with your group.
Leaders will be played by me and if you would like control, just send a quick VM. The main points of this roleplay are to develop your character as a trainer and as a person. This roleplay will continue after the main plot line has been finished, Team Rocket has been on the rise and will make their attack right around when teams are formed. In fact, some of the Current Gym Leaders will try to tackle this sudden sighting of evil. It will all unveil itself as we go on.
Any questions can be answered here, so feel free to ask at any time.
You may submit as many CS's as you want within the the 8 types provided. I'd like to have something to pick from.
If I find that people need to edit, I will PM you personally.
I plan on starting the IC ASAP but will allow about 12 hours for any last minute editing.
I need 2 girl characters, and 1 boy character apart from my own.
- Post size must consist of 3+ paragraphs with at least 4+ sentences each. I can't stand a bunch of small 1 lined Paragraphs. I will allow 2 Paragraphs for light conversations, other than that, keep it to a High Casual.
- Post frequency needs to be at least every day, and do not post again until the others are done posting.
- What I say goes, if I think a Pokémon shouldn't have x-move then you have to take it off. If I think your team or your trainer is too strong, I will say so and look for a candidate to replace you if you don't change it. I want to be as fair as possible, and don't want any super over powered players.
- No Honen/Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon.
- No Pokémon over level 40. With that being said, don't show me all level 39s. Please make the levels vary a bit.
- The types to choose from are: Rock, Water, Electric, Grass, Poison, Psychic, Fire and Ground. You may have 1-2 Pokémon with a double type as some are hard to find.
- Speaking of which, if I feel your choice in a Pokémon is unfair like Kabuto, I will ask you to find another. The same goes for your moves. TMs will be allowed in moderation. Some moves like Surf and Fly can work without using a slot.
- Nicknames are fine as long as you are clear about who is who when posting. It's just annoying to keep looking back on a CS for help.
- Pokémon you should avoid are legendaries, rare Pokémon or extinct ones, and ditto.
- Any other Qs regarding PKM can be asked here.
- Characters may not know/be related to a leader or notable canon character.
- Characters must be from ages 21-31. I'm looking for one male and two females preferred.
- Characters must not be too cliche. They can happen and likely will but don't make up something that's gonna make your character cause story progression to halt.
- Characters must be from Kanto but are allowed Pokémon and badges from Johto
- Characters can have badges, but do not need them. They should have maybe no more than 4.
General Setting and Contests Explained
As a Trainer, you will travel from your hometown or wherever you are, to the Indigo Plateau. Travel by foot or air, as long as you get there by the time I wish to start. The Preliminary Exams will take arrow down all mass of Trainers down to 64. To apply for the Gym Leader Contest, Trainers had to fill out this Form:
Once Trainers had filled it out, they would be given an invitation to come to the Indigo Plateau. Once there, they would be given a series of tests and evaluations. Such as...
- Being interviewed by Ash and two random leaders.
- Battling against their desired Gym and then against two more.
- Passing a written test about the care of Pokémon, the region and history of Kanto, and how different types would fare against other in battle, among other topics.
At any rate, I can't wait to see what people come up with. I will not be posting my CS until afterwards. It will most likely be water or electric. I cannot say for sure, so submit everything ya got. Keep everything fair and we'll have some great fun while exploring every inch of Kanto, while battling, helping people and just being kickass Trainers. Romance, drama and the like are always encouraged. Phew that was a lot to write! -drinks a hyper potion- Let the CS submission commence!