Spirit Detectives...A very rough but simple premise:
Based on the old school series, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, our characters will face an untimely death and will be recruited to become Spirit Detectives. They will come back to life and partake in many cases involving the supernatural. (demons, ghosts, etc) This will be character driven slightly more than it will be plot driven but each "Part" of the RP will have a case for us to solve or at least training to undergo. Our characters will be people in college so (20-23 average age) I expect some maturity developed in your character already. Your character (each case for someone is different) will get equipment or powers to carry out their cases as Spirit Detectives. Our group will be small and posting will be around five paragraphs, once a week or so. I know this is a very short and skimpy idea by it's as simple as that. I did this a few years back and it went fairly well until I realized one of the members was a trouble maker and got themselves banned a few times...it all spiraled out of control after that.
I'm pretty interested.
A number of questions though.
1. Will this take place in what kind of setting?
2. Is this more action or more mystery?
3. If Action will this turn into a battle story like that of Yuu Yuu Hakusho? & If Mystery will this turn into some kind of Detective story?
4. Can you tell more about the powers that they get?
5. How much do you expect from both the RPer and RP character?
You had me at Yu-Yu Hakusho. <3
At first I was like...you look familar...and then it hit me. XD See what happens when you do two all nighters in a row?
Originally Posted by FiroIV
1. Modern day, likely Japan because it's cliche but awesome and befitting.
2. I want more mystery than action because I don't want this turning into something in the arena, the model of YYH diverted from cases after a while, which bothered me a little and I don't want us to forget our job.
3. Detective, sort of like Case Closed (if that rings a bell to help), and the action will slightly reflect YYH, however it won't be as intense and we probably won't have any kind of kick ass tourney, if it was, much of the fighting would happen in short bursts, as I don't want action itself to eclipse our characters.
4. I'm still deciding on that, I want to avoid any power hungry people or one's who end up developing into (for a lack of a better example) a super sayain or S Class rank demon that kills just by blinking at people. Powers should be developed, they'll probably be catered to your character's hobby. Like if your character does sports, maybe they can make their energy into a soccer ball and kick it at things. Or if they enjoy fighting hand to hand, they might get slightly better endurance and power, etc. I want to make everyone individual so everyone has a use somewhere, and perhaps as a whole, the group could have some kind of summoning power or teleportation power.
5. You'll have to be more spsefic there by "how much" how much what? Writing, depth?
Awww, I'm glad!
Originally Posted by Altered Tundra
I have taken interest. It's been awhile since I actually watched YYH so I think I might have to rewatch the series (a.k.a. just watching abridged version to get the gist of it again lol.) But I am definitely interested in doing this rp if you'll have me :)
Put me down as a definite maybe. :B
It's been a while, of course I'll have you. Just a few night ago I went and rewatched some of my favorite episodes so of course my nostalgia wouldn't leave me alone after that.
Originally Posted by Phantom Sekai
Well I'm not keeping tabs of who is "in" and who is on the fence because any GM knows not to count your eggs before they hatch.
Originally Posted by Pacifista
So anyway, maybe one or two more people interested and I feel like I could throw an OOC together, though of course I'm already expecting a certain amount will actually apply and get in for our first part/chapter.
sounds interesting count me in :D
By how much I mean, forget it because I forgot the reason behind my flawed question.
Anyways Thanks for the answers. I'll be here waiting.
BTW though, so do I look familiar or was that just a flub moment?
Heh my favorite character in that series was Genkai. Anyway I'm interested.