All in our Minds (Reboot) [OoC]
[SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED]
Research log, 14-05-20██, ‘Osiris’ facility
While my initial reservations with the project have not entirely subsided, I am beginning to see the value this research may have.
The surviving subjects have finally begun to show signs of improvement, after four weeks of testing. Perhaps the four months spent on ridiculously expensive brain surgery will prove to not have been an entire waste of time. The two weeks of recovery I could understand, at least.
Thankfully the appropriate security measures and contingencies have finally been put in place, and not a moment too soon. We should be able to contain the subjects for long enough to find out what makes them tick and make them more amendable to our suggestions.
It is a good thing I replaced the incompetent buffoon that ran this place before me. His ruthless pursuit for data already cost us several subjects during surgery and his absolutely inane security measures would have caused us to lose even more, if not in a successful escape attempt, then in beating down a failed one.
Plans are now in the making to set up a meeting for the remaining subjects, introduce them to one another, perhaps make them feel more comfortable and lower their guard. Proper indoctrination can begin soon after. Heavy security will, of course, be in place, although it will be out of sight so as to not disturb the ambience. Should they decide to try to escape, we will have to rethink our strategy.
-Dr. Alexander Bose
Head of Research Department
To: All security personnel
From: Sergeant Jonathan Keel
Subject: Security measures
A reminder to everyone liable to forget (here’s looking at you, Jones):
We’re currently housing a number of freaks capable of doing all kinds of messed up things, and this list exists to make sure they don’t fuck our lives up beyond repair. All of you are to follow this protocol at all times, no matter what the hell happens, I hope that’s clear.
- These are not children! I cannot possibly stress this enough. They might look like regular kids, hell, some of them might even act like it, but don’t let yourself be fooled. They’re freaks of nature we’re keeping captive. They’ll use and abuse any leeway you give them, so don’t give them any. If you’re responsible for smuggling supplies to them I swear to God I will shoot you myself.
- They aren’t your friends! Related point. They don’t want you to like them, they want you to get them out. Don’t fall for it. Once again, if you’re responsible for a security breach on their behalf I WILL shoot you.
- Address them by their numbers! There’s a reason they have those damn things and that reason is for us to use them. They make sure we’re not inclined to ignore point one and two on this list. I don’t care how friendly the doctors are getting, they are numbers, and you’ll call them that.
- They do not get to meet outside the designated areas! Bose apparently thinks they need a chance to talk to each other. Personally, I completely disagree with him, but he’s the one calling the shots, so I have to go along with him. That said, there are only a few places where they get to interact and those areas are heavily monitored. If you see two or more of them together outside of those areas, tranq them and get them back into their cells.
- Don’t take them on alone! If they start causing problems, do not engage them on your own because you want to prove you’re a badass! People who try that die, especially here! Wait for back-up and/or orders before engaging and act only in self-defense if running isn’t an option. If they’re causing problems we’ll deal with it.
- Don’t fuck with them! Much as I hate to admit, these guys are tough nuts to crack and I really don’t want any of you idiots antagonizing them just to be able to boast to your friends. See points one and two for what I’ll do to you if you do. Fortunately, I have Bose backing me up this, so you know there will be major consequences.
This list is subject to change whenever I feel it’s necessary.
Sergeant Jonathan Keel
Head of Security
To: All security personnel
From: Dr. Alexander Bose
Subject: RE: Security measures
These are only the general safety requirements. Since each of our subjects is special in their own way, they all have special requirements you need to take into account. You will find these in their respective dossiers.
Also, sergeant Keel, perhaps it would help if you actually numbered this list if you want to refer to different points in such a fashion. Just a thought.
Head of Research Department
P.S. I do actually have access to all e-mails, sergeant.
You are one of the subjects, a child, aged 12-18, that showed special, supernatural abilities. You have been kidnapped and forced to undergo heavy brain surgery in an attempt to improve upon these abilities. You are one of the ones lucky enough to have survived the procedure, although most of your memory has suffered greatly as a result. Since then, you have been tested by the doctors at this facility, to find out the limits of what your powers can do, and what you can handle.
Your life has not been pleasant.
Today, however, you will be introduced to the other subjects. You do not know why, or why now, but that is what you have been told.
Hello and welcome to All in our Minds!
A few things that might not have been clear from the previous intros:
This is supposed to be a character-focused RP. Battles and plot take a back seat to having your characters interact (which isn’t to say either of those can’t happen as a result).
You get to choose one power, which has to be based on the mind in some way, shape, or form (hence the title). Be creative!
As the moderator of this RP, I reserve the right to veto anything that happens in the thread. Should any of you feel I’m being unfair, please tell me, I’ll happily change my mind.
Your character sheet should include:
Subject Number: (Between 1 and 25)
Power: (Again, something based on the mind)
Personality: (This is the important part. Make your character interesting!)
Your character sheet doesn’t have to follow this format, but all of these things do need to be present in the sheet in some way.
I’m aiming to have around ten players in order to keep it focused and not become too much of a chaotic mess. Whoever’s in first gets the spot, obviously. I might be willing to extend this limit.
You’ll note that I’m Dutch, which means time zones may be an issue, not just for me but for other players as well. I can’t possibly put a rule into place without disrupting the flow of the RP, but be wary of this and make sure you don’t get too far ahead with one or two characters without giving the others a chance to interact with them.
Don’t be afraid to antagonize other characters if you feel it would be in-character for you. Conflict makes things interesting and I’m a sucker for inner conflict.
In general I’m willing to be very lenient as long as what happens makes sense and is fun for everyone involved, because that’s what we’re here for, after all.
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask them in this thread or drop me a PM.