The War of the Vampire Kings
OOC + Sign Up Open
- - - - -
Alright, while I try to iron out the writing here, and make the intro all epic and everything, I'll tell you a bit about this RP.
I have done this one before, on a site called Mangafox. It was the very first RP I ever created for text based roleplay. I've made D&D campaigns and storylines and played with world creators on Neverwinter Nights and Elder Scrolls games, but I had never done this before. Despite my relatively noobish ways, this still became my most successful (in my opinion) RP ever, and I have yet to create anything quite on the level of this. The downfall of this RP was careless moderation, and my dislike of upsetting people back in my pushover days. I simply let the wrong two-three people in, who just destroyed the RP, and I let them do it.
I still consider that my biggest failure in my RPing career.
Two pathetic attempts at rebooting later, I decided to shelve the idea. WotVK just wasn't meant to see its conclusion. It was just one of those that didn't feel like it was meant to even get halfway done. Mind you, it was 80 pages long, and even with the three stooges, it was still an epic story. I'd like to see it continued and concluded, but putting it back on Mangafox would be a severe case of beating a dead horse.
But... I figured i'd give it one last go around. I loved this RP and it's story too much to just be okay with letting it go. I'm going to take my time building it though.
The premise itself was fairly simple. Four Vampire Kings, each who reign over a quarter of the undead world each, are tired of their stalemate. They start a war in the country that every nation, dead or not, covets. They set their battle in the land of Niverin, the greatest, most powerful and most prosperous nation on the entire planet of Malius. Whether there by choice or by happy (unhappy) coincidence (accident), a few mortals have the power, skill, and the pure dumb luck the change things in a story that was supposed to be a ten chapter saga that spans over ten years of in game time.
It was a typical sword and sorcery, like something out of forgotten realms, and I'll admit, I borrowed heavily from Dungeons and Dragons, since this was originally, before it was an RP or a novel idea, a DnD campaign I made for friends. I even made classes with levels and everything for it. I originally planned for a big ass leveling system and whatnot, but never could figure out how to implement it, and it ended up going nowhere. In my reboots, I kept the classes, but it wasn't the same, and eventually I got rid of them.
Needless to say, we didn't get through more than the prologue and half the first chapter before it got destroyed, which is why I'm going to be a real stick in the mud about adding things to my world this time around. Anyway, if you have any questions, please PM or VM me, and I'll be more than happy to answer you. Thank you.
- - - - -
(insert face-meltingly epic intro here)
- - - - -
-Standard Roleplayer Guild Rules Apply.
- My SiC and I are the moderators here. Any questions or concerns will be answered by us. Any arguments that you cannot find a solution to will be solved by us. What we say goes.
- No Flaming, Stalking, or other stupid crap here. If you have a problem with the person, take it up with them via PM. If you start shit, I'm going to take action against it. You have been warned.
- I don't care what font you use, but don't use ςгคzץ Ŧ๏ภtร lเкє tђเร, please. Also, if I can't read it easily, I'm not going to try.
- If you have any suggestions, complaints (About the RP, not other players), and questions, feel free to ask in the OOC.
- Keep the OOC thread PG-rated, please. I don't mind if you cuss and drink and seduce in the RP thread, but keep the OOC clean, please.
- Two characters per person max. No more than that, please. The only reason I'm playing three is to keep things moving, plus Kalanthas is basically the plot towards the end.
- Only OOC posts goes here. If you want to discuss things, make a plan with other characters (ones you don't care if others know), etc., you do it here, in the OOC. No (Ohai guise this is OOC) in the Roleplay thread.
- If you have a complaint with another Player, PM either the player about it, or, if you don't want to talk to the player, me and my SiC so we can come up with a reasonable conclusion. DO NOT just start arguing with each other in the OOC. I will give you a warning if you take your fight to the OOC.
My SiC and I will use a Three-strike system. Three Strikes, you're out. No If's, And's, Or's, or But's.
OOC and Roleplay Staff
The All Moderator - Faldne Vaerge
SiC - Hunkat