Atheran: Your Chance to be a Hero
This RP is closed to applications for now. Thanks!
This is the world of Atheran. A fantastic world. A world full of people and creatures the likes of which we can only imagine. It is a world full of wonder, magic and love. It is a world full of violence, intrigue and betrayal. But all those things do not concern you...or do they?
You are a resident of Westisle, a relatively small island continent in the north-western hemisphere of Atheran. For the most part the people of Westisle remain blissfully ignorant of the rest of the world outside their island; the result of hundreds of years of glorious isolation. The mundane is the norm, and the majority of Westislanders like it that way.
But for a select few, the appeal of adventure, of breaking free from the unremarkable is always present. And so you can imagine the excitement amongst people like this when mysterious bulletins began appearing in various places around the island. No one knew the origin of these notices, but the message on all of them was simple and clear:
“HEROES WANTED! Satisfy the craving you have for adventure and excitement. Join our intrepid band in a quest for power and prestige. If you are willing to step forward with courage meet with us at midnight on the 12th day of Spring in the village center of Dareth. You will never regret the choice you make to join us.”
The appeal to many was undeniable. The opportunity for “power and prestige”. What could this mean? Treasure? Title? Or fabled and ambiguous magic, which in Westisle existed only in theory? And what would be the risk of volunteering oneself for such a bold expedition...
Hopefully that gives you enough to begin building your characters and contributing to this world. As for rules, I don’t want to make a list because it could never be exhaustive. Suffice it to say that the same common sense rules that exist in other roleplays on this forum exist here:
- All things in moderation.
- Flexibility and cooperation are a must.
- Have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. We want this to be an enjoyable experience for all
As I’ve stated before, my hope is that players will have a lot of input into the development of plot and the world overall. I have a general idea of where I want this “episode” to go, but hope players of all skill levels can have some contribution. Having said that there are some limitations I want to put in place at least at the beginning of our story:
- Westisle is populated by humans only at this point. Keep that in mind when designing a character. Other races may be introduced down the line, but for now we are going to start small and simple.
- Magic has not been seen on Westisle for centuries and as such is just a thing of legend right now. Like other races, it will be introduced as time goes on, but rather than designing a whole elaborate system at the beginning, let’s let it grow organically.
- Your character should be embarking upon an adventure for the first time. Their reason for undertaking the quest is yours to make, but nobody will be a “grizzled, seasoned veteran” to start out!
Character Sheet - please keep things reasonable - keep in mind your character is “green” - keep it simple CLOSED FOR NOW
Age and Gender:
Appearance: (Please no anime)
Starting Equipment: (Please don’t overdo it!)
Additional Information You Think May Be Important:
Pretty simple, but that’s the way we’re starting. You will have plenty of time to grow your character.
If you have any polite suggestions for improvements please feel free to let me know. Have fun!
1. Alana Ashea
2. Silvia Hazel
4. Mara Avery
5. James Sohl
6. Shawn Sheapard
7. Blair Bryson