Kingdom Hearts: Trinity
“The three of you… are Chosen. You alone are the champions of the Realm of Light; no others can save it from the Darkness. You will be challenged, you will be forced to fight, and you may lose, but you cannot. For if you fall, Light falls with you, and in the Hearts of the Worlds, Darkness only will reign...”
–Mella, the Ancient Seer
Rejoice, one and all! The Trinity is formed!
Noel is Alex Reed, The Dauntless Key!
Unlucky is Sebastion, The Unbreakable Lock!
and Imperfectionist is William Anima, The Everlasting Door!
This means that there are no more slots open. I'm very sorry if you didn't get a chance to post a character, but I'm sticking with these two players.
Now, for a few credits:
-Noel, for her idea of "Locks" as separate and analogous weapons to Keyblades, which led to my separation of Key, Lock and Door. :) Thank you, Noel.
-Unlucky, for his Alternate Universe KH RP from a month ago. Without it, this RP wouldn't exist. :) Thank you, Unlucky.
-Oddly enough, now these two ^ are my players!
Hello, everyone! I am Imperfectionist, Imp for short, and this is my first ever attempt to create an RP! -fanfare-
This is a Kingdom Hearts trio RP which embraces the triples of the Kingdom Hearts games, and makes them an explicit, core aspect of the story. Hopefully you know what I mean: the trinity between Heart, Body and Soul; the character trinities (Sora-Kairi-Riku, Mickey-Donald-Goofy, Terra-Aqua-Ventus); the “path” trinity of Sword, Shield and Rod (Strength, Defense and Magic respectively), and so on.
Thus, we (myself and two others) are going to play the Trinity of Light, the champions of an alternate, Keyblade-less Realm of Light. Don't worry, the symbolism of the Keyblade isn't lost, as the Trinity is divided into the Key, the Lock and the Door.
These are symbolic descriptions, of course, and the abstract titles are something more like Willpower, Protection and the Pathway, but the idea is the same: the Key is there for freedom, to open the Heart, to explore it, and to forge a path for others, as the best key can remove any obstacle; the Lock is a shield of compassion, protecting the Heart from the influence of Darkness, keeping it safe, as nothing dangerous can get past a perfect lock; the Door, though the most esoteric and confusing of the three, in the end simply provides direction. Without the Door, the Key and the Lock would be useless tools, as there would be nothing to use them on. They cannot open anything or shield anything if they can’t find it. Thus, the Door to the Heart. As it is said, the best door always leads someone to where they need to be.
The Trinity will together in this universe have a similar role to Sora and the Keyblade. I have my own, original storyline, villains and worlds planned out, so it will not be simply Kingdom Hearts with OCs, and in fact the majority of worlds from the games will not be a part of this RP. Instead, it will focus on larger, more original worlds, and other properties, other works beyond Disney. If you have any suggestions for possible original, book, video game, TV, or movie-based worlds, just shoot me a PM, and I’ll consider including them. :) And you don’t have to be a player to contribute, of course.
Due to the specific nature of each character, I’m not going to have a traditional character sheet for people to post. Instead, all I want is the proposed name of your character, which archetype (either the Key or the Lock) you wish to play as and a sample of how you would write him/her. Basically, give me something like your first post. This is just simple quality control, honestly. Anyone can fill up a CS in ten minutes, but to actually produce a well-written post, you have to think about your character, his/her history and personality, what they are doing and why they’re doing it.
If I like your post, you’ll be that character. It’s that simple. When naming, use the following titles, after their name: the Dauntless Key for the Key, and the Unbreakable Lock for the Lock. For example, my character is named William Anima, the Everlasting Door. You don't have to have a first and last name, or any name other than the first, but please add the titles.
Now then, getting down to business. Before you can create your characters and your sample posts, there is some background you should know:
The story will begin similarly to the games, on the small, generally modern and isolated human world of Alma, with our three young protagonists as simple townsfolk. Remember, when brainstorming, that their lives have not been very interesting so far, and their deeper personalities will likely be in development, rather than set in stone already. They are friends and companions, brought together through circumstance at an early age. When they all are around eighteen years old, they are each visited at their homes by a strange, hooded old crone, who screeches to the sky that they are Chosen, and bestows upon them a token, in the shape of their archetype. When the tokens are touched by the three, they disappear in a shimmering flash of light, and the old crone hurries away, laughing and raving. I’m going to leave most of the details of this particular world for you to quantify IC, but the main piece of information known to the three about such things is an ancient prophecy spoken by a Seer from ages past, which is engraved into their cultural history. Think of him as someone like the Prophet Isaiah from the Old Testament.
Your sample post will be to establish your character’s background and personality, and I’ll start the real story once I have the Trinity formed. To clear up any confusion, though you have been Chosen, you don’t have your specific powers yet. I will describe the powers to you IC, once we get to that point. If you’re worried that they will make or break your motivation to be a part of the story, don’t worry, they are all very cool, and will also be somewhat negotiable, once they are revealed.
Also, please read and consider the following when writing your character(s):
1. Please please PLEASE use grammar as correctly as possible. I understand that there are a very large amount of people on the site for whom English is a second language, and I don’t want to offend anyone, but I would much rather the posts use at least correct punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. If your sample is riddled with errors, it will be harder (though not impossible) for me to look past them and see a fantastic character. If it has a large number of errors, but is still really good, I can help anyone who needs it with the three things I just listed, no problem. In the end, this is to see who cares about making their writing understandable, more than punishing those who do not write in English natively.
2. I am putting this in the Casual section, but only because I’m not expecting novels for each post. This is a story with a reasonable amount of interaction between the three players, so if someone has to write a short post for dialogue or action reasons, I’m not discouraging it. The Casual label does not mean, “I don’t have to write as well,” just that you don’t always have to write as much.
3. All three are childhood friends, so keep that in mind.
4. In accordance with the above, all three are from the same original world, Alma, which means only original Alman characters. No one is going to have (for example) a Final Fantasy character as their main. NPCs, of course, are open to everyone, but not as part of the Trinity.
5. This one is rather obvious, but until further notice I want each of the Trinity to have their own player. If you have ideas for both a Key and a Lock, they have to have separate samples, and either I’ll like one idea more than the other, or you’ll have to choose between them. This rule may be subject to change, if I get very little interest.
6. I am playing the Door. I want the other players to be the Key and the Lock. This is because of special storyline significance that is only applicable to the Door. It is not to say that the other two are any less important to the story, but it will simply work better for me (the GM) to play as the Door.
7. Because of the nature of the Trinity idea, I need a pretty high amount of commitment from the players. If someone drops out in the middle of the story, it might amount to throwing an extra large spanner into the works, if you catch my drift. If someone needs to stop, or take a break, even without any notice, I understand, and either I or the other player of the trio will take over that character until either the original player comes back, or I can reach someone that posted a sample that’s still interested, and we work it out with him/her.
8. I know that most Casual RPs have more players than three, but I cannot change that number for this one. Maybe it will fail miserably, but again, due to the nature of the idea, it has to be a Trinity, with three characters and three players.
:) And that’s pretty much it. Please get to thinking about your characters, either post here or send me a PM if you have any questions, and hopefully we’ll get going sometime soon. If anything about anything I’ve said seems strange, or you think this won’t make a very fun RP, please give me some suggestions, or at least your reasoning for thinking so, and I’ll take it into consideration. As I said above, this is my first attempt at GMing an RP, so half of what I said up there could be completely bonkers. ;) Hopefully, it was not.