Ganz Sinsam Und Verlassen (OOC)
Germany victorious! In 1941, Adrian Stapf, a Heer general assigned to Denmark, and fifteen other high ranking Kriegsmarine, Heer, and Luftwaffe generals, along with civilian leaders, seized control of the Third Reich. Hitler was killed by Armaments Minister Albert Speer and Field Marshall Erwin Rommel on the eve of the coup. After the coup succeeded, most higher-ups of the Nazi Party were executed. Others in the Wehrmacht and public silently cheered as their Führer and his allies were hung. Adrian Stapf was briefly in charge before handing control over to Bernd Seifert, an up-and-coming civil servant. He signed a peace treaty with the United Soviet Socialist Republics (U.S.S.R, or Soviet Union) and officially ended the Holocaust. This took, however, much arm-bending. Any SS officers and generals found guilty of crimes against humanity were executed. With the British driven out of North Africa and the Arabian oil fields, the Germans were able to secure an oil supply.
1942. The Germans launched a full-scale invasion, code-named Unternehmen Seelöwe, of a war-weary Britain. Their forces, after being beaten for four years, were steamrolled as Germans took the majority of Britain. They finally capitulated in August of '43, when Winston Churchill saw that Britain, the largest empire in the world, was beaten by Germany. However, instead of a situation like France had been under Hitler, Stapf, now the Reich War Minister in newly re-instated Reich War Ministry, started a process of peaceful integration into Germany. In just a short two years, the integration process has been an astounding success.
On the Pacific Front, the Japanese fare far worse. With the Germans not really caring about their useless ally, and the Americans repelling them back much faster than in the original history. However, the Americans have not declared war on the German Reich, but have not had diplomatic contact with them since 1943, after the capitulation of Britain. However, the Americans have begun to fear the Third Reich, and the potential of an invasion.
1944. The Germans now own the majority of Europe, save the Soviet Union, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, and their countless protectorates. But, the times are changing. With the United States now a power to be reckoned with, the Germans must be prepared for anything. The Soviets are in an uneasy peace, with both sides having a mutual distrust, and the Americans, who fear the power of the Reich. With their territory in Europe, now pacified, they must be on the lookout for an American, and Soviet, invasion of the Fatherland.
In the middle of March, the Reichstag decided to annex their protectorates in the Balkans and Eastern Europe. The only independent allies of Germany that remained in Europe were Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland, Finland, and Italy. In July of 1944, the Soviets accused the Finnish of destroying the Gnevny-class destroyer Gremyashchy, which was actually destroyed by revolutionaries, as the Soviet Union was going through domestic unrest and dissent. The Soviets launched an invasion of the Finnish, and the Reich responded with a withdraw order, which was promptly ignored. The Germans invaded the Soviet Union in Unternehmen Rösselsprung, which caught the Red Army by surprise. The Soviets, upon facing defeat, ceded the Baltic Republics, Belarus, and everything of Ukraine west of the Dneiper.
The year is now 1945, and the Reich has only one enemy in the world left: The United States. With both nations entering a period of increased tensions, the Kriegsmarine decided to base a regiment of the newly formed Marine Stoßtrupp branch of the Kriegsmarine on the Teufel Island Chain, which was roughly in the middle of the Atlantic, hoping to be the early warning system of the Wehrmacht.
This is the story of the garrison of the third and smallest island of the Teufel Islands, part of the 4. Marine Stoßtrupp Regiment
(OOC In-Character Backstory now narrated by Rigi!)
1) Follow any and all directions given to you by me or my Co-GM (Gunther.) If we suggest that you change something, please change it.
2) This is not a Nazi-glorifying RP. We certainly do not what it being turned into such. I, nor any of us, approve of the actions taken by the Nazis, the Gestapo, and the Schutzstaffel from 1933 to 1945 where millions died.
3) Be realistic. This RP isn't about how over-powered you can make your character, so don't make him be able to fly a Me-262 Schwalbe whilst shooting two StG-44s and bedding a beautiful French dame. It just doesn't work like that.
4) I request that you use proper grammar. A screw-up with the German or any 'Non-English' words is understandable and I'll let that slide, but please try to keep what you can help up.
5) If anyone has roleplayed with me before, I don't really do 'Post Orders,' however, I do something of the sort. Basically, you post, then I post, and another person posts. After two people post after you, you may post again. I will, however, lift this rule temporarily if there is a lack in posting.
6) If you are going to drop or go on an extended (Three Days+) leave of absence from the site, and in the former's case, the RP, any time soon, I suggest you warm me head in advance, so I can plan to edit you out/put you on a bus.
7) Be serious. This is a serious topic. I don't want you lot acting like fools.
8) Your posts should be a paragraph or two with reasonable detail.
9) Have fun! We're roleplaying, so please try to have as much fun as possible, while follow these rules set in stone.
Squad Setup & Gear:
Courtesy of Gunther
Service Record(You may use medals, just be reasonable about it.):