Currently all full! Check back at a later date!
In the Beginning...
Man had always known of magic. It permeated the world they lived on. Over the years, magic became an influential part of Man's life. It was used for healing and keeping children entertained at first. Its pureness kept peace on the planet for hundreds of years until a man named Ryker came to be. From a young age he realized that magic could be used for so much more than healing and protecting those who were weak. It could be used to dominate and rule the planet. This was the birth of dark magic. Ryker and his followers would soon launch a full scale attack on the people they were supposed to be protecting. Many mages fought hard and died fighting against Ryker's forces. He was finally taken out by a woman named Aella. She was the most powerful sorceress to ever live. Aella sacrificed herself to stop Ryker and after the war ended, magic was banned by High King Orin. Anyone who was caught practicing magic was hung or drowned. A few were even publicly beheaded. Over time, people forgot magic even exited...
Since magic was banned, humans had to find a new way of doing things. This was where the scientists of the world began to improve on things, creating technology. At first it was simple things like motors that led to cars and machinery but soon it expanded. In a few short decades, humans were living in houses and driving cars that ran on solar power. Some still resided in the woodlands of the world, refusing to give up their old way of living. Too bad they soon wouldn't have a choice. When High King Orin died, his successor was a man of science named Alexander. Alexander began the eradication of the woodlands that still existed in the world. A few activists refused to let him take down what is now called The Wilds. The Wilds is located in what would be the Southern United States ( Arkansas, Lousiana, some of Texas, Georgia, Mississippi area ). Alexander thought nothing of those who lived in the Wilds. After all, his technology would protect him...
The Rise of The Sire...
The year is 3255. He has been watching the world as it advanced. Without magic, science was able to flourish. Few even remembered the old ways anymore. He watched as humans turned to cyborgs, becoming more metal than flesh. He watched the development of things like skintenna, a device that was implanted into a human just under the left side of the jaw. It allowed humans to communicate with one another or broadcast things to others in a small group. It was used for military purposes more than anything else. The Sire rose to power when the High King was assassinated by an unknown party. He refused to tell his real name as he forced his way to the crown, becoming the leader of the world. No one is even sure where he came from or what he wants. All they know is that he has chosen three unfortunate souls to become his Techs. The Techs were anything he wanted them to be...
The Return of Magic...
While The Sire took over as High King, there were those in the Wilds who had once more found magic. Fae, mystical creatures, had begun to return to the forest lands. Three Mages were born in the Wilds and raised to be the ones who would return magic to the world. They would remind everyone just how good magic could be and how it could be used for peace and prosperity. While these Mages want peace, they know it will only be reached through war. Too bad they don't have a chance to gather more forces. The Sire has learned of their existence and has sent his Techs after them.
This is where our story begins. The Sire has recently learned of the return of Mages. He has decided to nip this in the bud before the magic users can do anything to threaten his reign...
These are simple and will keep things rolling smoothly.
1.) Please do NOT god-mod or kill a character without permission. This is annoying.
2.) There shouldn't be any sort of sexual scenes in this roleplay. If anything goes that far, fade to black or take it to PMs or something. I do NOT want it here.
3.) As for posting, I'd like at least one good paragraph with 6-10 sentences that helps move the story along. In all honesty, I'd prefer 2+ paragraphs per post and for us to treat this as a high-casual roleplay. I can understand writer's block though.
4.) Romance is allowed. Cussing is allowed. Drug use is allowed. Just remember rule 2.
5.) Respect all others in the RP. I try to avoid drama as much as possible. I hate it. You should hate it too.
6.) If you have questions, ask! I won't bite and I'm always willing to answer questions. ^_^
- Born in The Wilds
- May or may not know one another
- Want peace but know it can only be achived through war ( at least for now )
- Know the Techs are after them
- Can use both offensive and defensive magic
- Magic can be wielded through their hands or staffs with special stones adorned on top ( think Oblivion/Skyrim for this )
- Each Mage does have a "Mana" limit. They can not just cast spell after spell and not get tired.
- Companion to the Mages
- Mythical creatures who roam the Wilds
- Can either help or hinder the Mages
- Can use any type of magic
- Typically have wings though not all do
- Can change size from that of an average human to that of a pixie ( think Wasp from Avengers )
- All 3 Techs were on the verge of death when The Sire saved them
- All 3 must have some sort of cybernetic on their body
- These can range from being a full on cyborg to have enhanced eyes that can be used to do things like nightvision and such.
- All Techs will have a skintenna. This is how they will communicate with one another and The Sire.
- There is no real leader to the group.
- Techs don't hate magic as much as The Sire but they are there to do as he tells them to.
- There is potential for the Techs to turn on The Sire but that will happen MUCH later in the roleplay
- Companion to the Techs
- Live in the cities with everyone else
- Aren't feared anymore but once were
- Usually help the Techs when needed
- May or may not hate magic/ the Fae for whatever reason
Appearance: ( Real Life / Descriptions / Doll Creator / Hand Drawn. Just NO ANIME please )
SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT
under this, I want you to list any skills your character may have. Also feel free to include any cybernetic implants s/he may have or any magic s/he may know/use. This is a space for you to freely create your character.
HISTORY AND PERSONALITY
again, this is a free space to write what YOU want the others to know about your character. It can be as long or as short as you please.