Survive the Swordland; SAO OOC
Survive the SwordlandPlot
A Sword Art Online Roleplay
In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.
On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world.
Our characters have just arrived in the world of Aincrad, and are looking forward to a day's worth of exploring and excitement. But what turns out to be an innocent day of gaming quickly turns into the battle to survive.
- No godmodding/Mary Sues/Gary Stus. This will be strictly enforced.
- On that note, open discussion is vital. I don't want drama OOC, but I want us to be able to communicate effectively if there's a problem.
- Drama IC is encouraged to whatever extent we'd like. Again, communication with each other OOC is key.
- Spell-checking and grammar editing is highly encouraged.
- No one-liners. Give a decent amount of description and interaction.
- If you have to have an extended leave of absence (~2 days or more) or need to leave the RP, LET US KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We can make arrangements.
- (Others to come as this is updated)
Character Reference Sheet Template:
«One-handed Straight Sword»
«Two Handed Straight Sword»
(Above are examples. Special abilities/skills are allowed later in the RP if monitored.)
(Above are examples.)
Appearance: (Photos or Description are both fine; Anime or Photo references are both accepted)
** Character Sheets MUST keep updated with the CURRENT POINT IN THE RP. This will help keep track of player stats and abilities as the story progresses, versus what they will have or what they used to have, etc. Members are responsible for keeping their CSes updated. **
Current Members - [Characters]
Status for additional members: CLOSED
Chat is now open! Feel free to discuss anything here, this is our home base for the RP. :)