Many things have changed since the invasion of the Reach was stopped. Most noticeably was the change in league members. Many retired either due to old age or the trust they had in the new younger generation. A new generation of younger heroes have even begun training for the day when they could reform the team like the generation before them. However, the current league isn't so sure. Remembering the hardships they went through they just don't feel ready to allow the reformation of the team. The new Generation has a lot to prove if they plan to change things.
Name: Jake West
Alias: Kid Flash
Powers: "Jake has, by far, the most potential I've ever seen in a speedster." Were the words spoken by Bart Allen to Artemis. It is true. Jake's powers as a speedster far exceed the expectations of the heroes before him. His power match and even surpass even the current fastest man in the world known as the Flash or to his friends, Bart Allen.
This link will lead you to thye powers listed under Bart Allen and which are held by pretty much all Speedsters.
1) Jake doesn't understand at the moment, but he is mentally blocking his powers. It is unclear what happened, but something traumatic caused him to block off a fair amount of his speedster powers. While he is as fast as part he cannot utilize many of the techniques and abilities he should as a speedster and even keeps his link with the Speed Force partially severed.
2) Jake although unable to be hurt by most viruses and what not can still be killed by normal human means.
3) Jake's metabolism functions several times faster than normal, so he must constantly take in large quantities of food to maintain his energy. Whether or not it tastes good is not a primary concern. For emergency situations in which he must be away from food for more than 24 hours, Jake keeps food in a hidden compartment on his right glove.<--- A suggestion from Bart.
1) Jake is gifted with a photographic memory, meaning he can memorize anything he has ever seen, heard, read. Anything. This comes in handy a lot.
2) While he isn't a genious Jake is highly intelligent noted, by his ability to not only memorize thanks to his memory, but also take in and comprehend high levels of information. He's smart.
3) He is skilled in gymnastics, parkour and hand-to-hand combat. Not an expert, but he is adept.
1) New Kid Flash Suit made to Jake's design with a little help from Bart and Artemis.
3) Other little things.
Personality: Jake serves as the relative joker and girl crazy speedster, much like Wally was during his time. He's a lot like his late father in many of those aspects only he can get very serious much quicker than his dad would when the time comes. He has a bit of a short fuse when it comes to people bad mouthing his mother and an even shorter one when it comes to people bad mouthing his father. He has nothing, but admiration for them. He might even beat the crap out of someone for bad mouthing his mentor Bart. He's also protective of the people he cares about. He's pretty helpful, more so for girls than guys, but still helpful. And above all he could never sit still while someone needed his help.
History:It wasn't very long after continuing hero duty after Wally's death that Artemis made an important discovery. At first she hadn't been sure, but after a trip to her doctor her suspicion was confirmed. Artemis was pregnant. This revelation made her extremely happy along with a her friends and the family of Wally West the father. Knowing this she retired from field duty and helped the heroes from the watched tower using the computers and giving information and coordinates as she simply couldn't just sit around and do nothing. The time seemed to fly and soon enough her son was born. March 19, 2017 was the birth date of Jake West. Many members of the team and a few members of the justice league came.
To raise her child, Artemis was able to finally stop her life in the hero game although occasionally she'd rejoin the fray. However, she was never too busy and never took any missions where there was a chance of dying. As he grew it became apparent that the child was Wally's only gift to the world. Jake had inherited his father's looks and even more impressive his powers. More even. Artemis one day called Bart over. It was Jake's 9th birthday and he was practically bouncing off the walls. Bart quickly caught the young speedster and explained to him about his powers and asked him to sit still for a moment.
Then, as Jake was sitting Bart pulled Artemis aside and asked if anything traumatic had happened to him or if he'd been in any dangerous situations. Artemis responded by saying she wasn't entirely sure, but she didn't believe so. She asked why and Bart explained that he saw something in Jake. He explained the Jake had the potential to possibly become the fastest person alive. Even faster than him, but something was stopping him. Bart could tell. Artemis was a bit skeptical, but even Barry Allen confirmed his thoughts. Jake was blocking off much of his power, but why and how to unlock them was a mystery.
From that point on Jake began to receive Private lessons on how to improve his skills. As he and Bart both grew older Bart took on the mantle of the flash while most of the team began to transition from Young Justice to the Justice League. Jake in turn took on the mantle of Kid Flash though with quite a few variations on the suit in homage to his late father and mentor, but still keeping his own independence in a sense. Wally would be proud is what people said when he decided to be a hero. And maybe a little ticked. They would add before laughing a bit. Artemis shared the thoughts, but even she returned to the hero life. As Tigress.
The headset which normally rests on his ears can be pulled down(in case you can't read the notes.) And they serve multiple purposes. Music, communication, etc. Switches on the headphones can change the settings on the electronic lenses on his suit for various vision modes. He also has compartments for snacks on each glove just under his palms and wrists.
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=QxkK9LLVf7A