I remember when I used to play shadow of the colossus and there were no minor enemies, only major bosses that I had no Idea how to fight until I got into it.......
Now Im giving you the same challenge, I will throw up a short description of a major enemy and you along with a small team will take it on, you will probably be out numbered, you will probably be outgunned, but if you keep your wits about you, you just may prevail....
FIRST BOSS:NIGHT MANTICORE
Dynamo's Notes: This rabid beast has been attacking small villages around the outskirts of the nation, I need you to kill it properly, as I fear this creature has escaped death more than once. It is roughly 10 feet tall and about 14 feet long. It is incredibly fast, and my crossbow did little more than simply piss it off. I fear it has a very armoured skin around its hind legs, but I wasnt able to strike its human face, it might be a weak point, but dont hold me to it.
It can also cast spells, I only saw it fling a few fireballs but, it was done with almost no casting time, I shudder to think what else it can do on the fly, it can also speak, but mainly in angry threats I dont think you will have to worry about a silver tounge, bring me its head and you will recieve 10 platinum ingots.
Up to 3 players may attempt this job.
They must only be up to tier level 3.
I will control the monster for the bout.
I will also choose the stage.
who would like to sign up?
If I can get a link to this mentioned Tier system, I could tell you if I'm applicable. I've seen others mention it in post, but I've been too lazy to really dig for it. =\
But don't let that moment of ADHD worry you, I intend to finish a fight I start. I think it's head will make a nice keepsake in my evil lair.
Here are the tiers.
- Level 1 || This is the general human level, encompassing the power attainable by the average Joe and is limited to the most basic of technological weapons, like guns, crossbow and knives—maybe even a scooter if in the wrong hands.
- Level 2|| Human abilities at their peak, but still nothing overtly supernatural. Examples would be a genius IQ, very minor spell-casting ability (I’m talking sparking dried brush into flame). Technological objects such as laser guns fall under this level.
- Level 3|| Genetic, cybernetic, divine or magical enhancements that allow you to run as fast as a sports car, jump anime style, or bench three-hundred pounds without breaking a sweat—as well as other physical modifications of that level. Dexterity level equal to an expert marksman, low level psionics and spellcasting ability, super-genius intelligence quotient and martial arts master are other examples of Level 3 abilities. Equipment falls under the same range of power.
- Level 4 || Examples of Level 4 powers and abilities include Mad Scientist level genius and scientific ability, long ranged telepathy, magical powers that to not involve a divine patron, and the ability to shoot flaming bats with magic arrows of light without the aide of that damnable fairy partner. In general, the range of ability to be expected from a Jedi Padawan of Star Wars or a Gennin Ninja of Naruto—as well as the use of cybernetics, alchemy, and so on to simulate any of that.
- Level 5 || The basics of nano technology capable of regenerating minor wounds, or alternatively wizardry or clerical ability capable of the same. You can pilot your own short range star fighter and have access to technology so advanced as to be almost magical in nature. The ability to fly for any reason you can think of that makes any rudimentary amount of plot logic. Your character may have the reflexes and skills of an elite Jedi Knight, the speed of Saito Hajime, and the power to take down Trinity of The Matrix with ease.
- Level 6 || The ability to heal major damage taken bother personally, or by others, through the method of your choice. The charisma and influence necessary to muster an army of elite soldiers, and access to the technology needed to build and operate a small space craft capable of interstellar travel (or a magic dragon from the future, whatever floats your boat). Your powers and skills rival those of Gandalf the White, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Himura Kenshin at their best.
- Level 7 || Personal shielding and an Imperial Star Destroyer for a flagship; computer expertise that can take down Borg Cubes, and you may have weapons so slick and high tech that they make the ladies hot and bothered. You can distort space-time at will with your magic, enough so to influence events worlds or even years away, and your physical strikes can no longer even be seen. Armies of grizzled veterans--wearing too much steel to stand up on their own—will carry your banner to war and ride really expensive looking horses across the battlefield. You could out gun an Agent in the Matrix or beat him down with your martial arts, and powers and abilities compare to Mace Windu of Star Wars, Ultimecia Final Fantasy, and Hyuuga Ricdeau of Xenogears.
- Level 8 || The firewalls of the Death Star and Magi Supercomputers fall with ease before your unbeatable hacking skills. You can repair lost limbs and destroyed vital functions expediently. Your powers can cut down small armies, and shield you from the effects of nuclear weapons. You are no longer merely limited to visiting other worlds and epochs from afar, but may now visit them personally. Powers are of comparable scale to Marvel’s Magneto and Doctor Strange.
- Level 9 || That your powers rank less then omnipotent and have finite energy requirements are essentially your only restrictions at this point.
- Level 10|| Anything becomes possible within the restraints of the rules of the forum and common sense.
- - - Updated - - -
Then I resign my request due to my character at least being Tier 4 to tier 6.
I am interested. I would like to ask if there is a limit to what kind of equipment that characters can possess? And if there is a limit on what universes/fandoms/franchises characters can be based off of?
I'd sign up for this bounty. If there is a need for another person, I have a few ideas for new characters that can all work together or alone. So if I could be accepted for this, then just tell me.
- - - Updated - - -
I'm also finding that all of the arena threads that I'm interested in, are created by you Frokane.
Welp, I'm out even though i would love to take this chance, but since my character is only a tier 1, i can't really do much here..