Stuck in a Village with a Voice in my Head: OOC (Accepting Players)
Note: Title subject to change... maybe.
See the interest check here for details. Basically, you have woken up in an abandoned village in a home. You have forgotten everything about your identity, even your name. You remember the year is 2013, and you faintly remember the world you disappeared from. The house reminds you of something you'd find in England or France... those were countries in Europe, right? Of course they were. They're ruled by a King or Queen. No, wait, that was a long time ago. England has a Prime Minister. His name... it's on the tip of your tongue... (These are your only memories in the village. Hazy, uncertain.) Soon, an otherworldly voice will begin talking to you. He is called The Outsider. He says he can return you to your home... but in order to do that, you'll have to betray your fellow prisoners and do whatever it takes to stay alive. If you are loyal to the Outsider you will learn many things about The Village, why you are trapped and the others trapped with you. But can you trust The Outsider?
You are alone in the home, but when you step outside, you see you're in an old fashioned village surrounded by forest and farmland. To your amazement, others are emerging from different homes! They are people of varying appearances... and they don't know who they are, either.
Shot one of The Village.
Shot two of The Village.
Shot three of The Village.
The Road leading out of The Village.
The roleplay starts when you emerge from your home. You see the others and begin to talk to them. You have no idea what is going on, but you'll soon find out...
The Character sheet is so:
Chosen Name (You don't remember your real name, so you'll pick one you fancy):
Age (Your best guess, keep it 18+ as there could be killing and romance. There is no age limit, in fact I encourage older characters for variety):
Clothing (Maybe a hint at your identity? Maybe placed on you by The Outsider?):
Appearance (Description or picture. No anime please, if it's a cartoon please keep it realistic):
Personality (The most important. This is the heart of the story, since there's no background and the story revolves around the individual personalities of you all):
1. Never give secrets away in the OOC thread, obviously. Horde your secrets, protect them like they're your child.
2. If you want to communicate to other players in private, message them! Please include me in the message so I can keep track of what's going on. Try to stay in character, as it's more fun that way (You can lie in PMs too, after all).
3. Try not to make peanut gallery-type comments in the OOC. For example, if Bob is murdered, don't post "Oh no! Bob! I was really relying on you!" That either means you didn't murder Bob or you're lying out of character, which is seriously uncool.
4. Your character can be anyone, from anywhere. If s/he didn't speak English before, they have mysteriously learned the language upon waking up in the village.
5. The roleplay will have Day/Night cycles. During the night you're supposed to return to the home you woke up in, a claimed shop, or whatever home is opened up to you. Opening up your home to others makes it easier to stay safe at night, but also makes you more vulnerable.
6. There are several shops and even a small church around town. If you want you can claim these shops/church and set up a business to keep things running smoothly.
Finally, have fun!
(Courtesy of Unlucky)