"Everyone has something or someone they're fighting for. What is it that you're after?"
.::Welcome to War of Redemption::.
You wander through stone halls that seem to stretch forever. Beautiful chandeliers dangle from the ceiling, giving the plain hall an oddly regal appearance. A few paintings lined to walls, some holding French influence while others resembled more western influenced works. You reach the end of the hall and resting before you is a small stone pedestal with a dusty book resting atop it. You lightly brush the dust off the top of the book, revealing the title: The History of the Fallen Angel Wars.
You slowly crack open the cover of the book and begin to read...
The History of the Fallen Angel Wars
Chapter 1 - The History
What Are the Fallen Angel Wars?
The Fallen Angel Wars are a tournament between criminals in order to have the thing they desire the most be given to them by the overseer and bringer of the Wars themselves, Abaddon.
How did the Wars Begin?
Abaddon supposedly appeared on Earth around the year 2017 in a time of distress for humanity. Most people were poor and doing everything they could to survive and those who had money had no generosity left in their hearts. People were constantly suffering and many turned to crime in order to just survive. However, this also caused a huge spike in arrests. It's unknown why Abaddon came from the Heavens, but he upon his arrival he said only this:
"I am Abaddon and I shall change the fate of your world."
News of Abaddon's arrival spread across the radio waves like wildfire and soon people everywhere were aware of his presence. Religious individuals immediately figured that the arrival of such an angel must be a gift from God. Most of the population consisted of these religious people as well. They just knew their prayers would be answered and that Earth would be renewed into its previous splendor. But how could he do such a feat?
About a month after Abaddon's arrival, he decided to finally give an announcement. He stood atop a pillar with his grey wings outstretched, his voice ready to be conveyed to the entire world. The people all waited in anticipation for what he would say...and then, he spoke.
"People of Earth, I come here to bring you a proposal. Earth has become overtaken by sin. Surely, you all must realize this by now. However, I am here to become your salvation. Many of you have turned to crime as an answer to your problems and many of you have been imprisoned because of it. Now I come offering you a chance to change your mistakes.
To all who haven't been imprisoned, I offer you a clean slate, free of sin, but at one cost. Those who have tainted their lives with sin and have been imprisoned, sacrifice them all. All, but one."
The people were unsure of what Abaddon meant by this and so they waited for him to explain and so he did.
"It's now time to open your ears, convicts, and listen close. I now give one of you the chance of a lifetime. I shall hold a series of battles in a fight to the death. You all shall be fighting for your lives and only one of you may remain. The last standing criminal will receive the ultimate reward. I shall grant you your one true desire, no matter what it is and you shall be the final one to be saved on this currently accursed planet."
Word of this prize spread through prisons everywhere and many of the inmates became increasingly violent and the prison guards actually had to separate all inmates. Abaddon used his otherworldly abilities to form a giant, stone colosseum in the middle of a desert. He gave one final message before entering his creation.
"Inmates, one and all, come to my Colosseum and be prepared to fight for your life."
Chapter 2 - The Rules of the Wars
1. Follow all the basic rules of the Roleplayer Guild Forum
2. You're NOT perfect - You are not immortal. You CAN get hurt and you CAN get killed. Please realize that in battles you can't always dodge every attack and you can't hope to do a successful attack every time you fight back. While I will NOT strictly be saying whether or not something hits or misses, I will still keep an eye on it. Just use your better judgement here. We're not overpowered in this RP.
3. Try not to ignore other posters. No bunny-ing and all that jazz. After all, we're all going to be roleplaying together and it's no fun if we ignore people. Just respect your fellow RP'ers.
4. I have the final say when it comes to deaths and disputes. If you want to try and kill another player, make sure to ask their permission as well as ask mine.
5. You are allowed up to three INMATE characters to begin with. If one of your characters is killed, then you may be allowed to make another as long as you PM me to make sure it is OK first. In total you can have up to 3 Inmate characters at one time and up to 3 'Saved" characters. "Saved" are the people who don't participate in the War and are simple spectators.
6. Please post your forms in CODE format and send them to me in a PM. This makes it easier for me to copy your character forms onto the first post!
7. Anyone who is in jail is REQUIRED to be in the Wars. Please note, that means your character CAN be young within reason. Just make sure you wait for me to approve your character before you start posting!
8. Please note that this RP is Semi-Lit. I'm fine with grammar mistakes here and there and the occasional writer's block, but just try to write a decent bit for your posts and check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Also, please note that this is a mature RP and therefore there might be language, violence, and some sexual themes presented.
9. Don't make me have to add any extra rules!
Chapter 3 - Entering the Wars
A form is presented before you. Fill this out to join the Wars and leave it in the submission box. Abaddon will accept it momentarily:
Username: (Self explanatory)
Name: (Self explanatory)
Alias: (Does your character go by any alias or nickname? Perhaps their true name is a secret?)
Gender: (Are you a boy or a girl?)
Age: (How old are you? Remember, everyone here is a human except for Abaddon.)
Appearance: (You may put a picture here, but a written description is required for this section.)
Personality: (This doesn't have to be extremely detailed, just talk about how they act normally or perhaps what they like and dislike.)
Inmate or Saved?: (Are you an Inmate and are part of the Wars, or are you Saved and just a spectator?)
History: (It isn't required but it is recommended that you describe somewhere within your history how you got in jail and what your 'desire' is that you want granted. It can honestly be as simple as survival if you want. If you're a Saved character, you can describe a general history here.)
Armor: (While the people here may not be treated the best, they are given the chance to have some armor to wear during their battles. Saved do not need to fill out this section.)
Weapon(s) of Choice: (2 weapons max. Saved can fill out this section if they want a weapon for protection, but they can only have 1 weapon so choose wisely.)
Other: (Any other information you'd want us to know about your character.)
You close the book and turn to leave. You know that a great battle awaits you.
The Overseer: Abaddon
It isn’t said how old Abaddon is, but he has been around for thousands of years.
(Contrary to this picture, Abaddon wears a white suit instead of the black one above. He also has a golden jewel instead of a red one and his fingernails are not painted black.)
Abaddon is taller than the average human being, standing at about 7'4'' and weighing around 147 pounds. He has a nicely built chest and frame and although his arms may seem small, he is very powerful. He has exceptionally long legs, which is what mainly contributes to his height. He has long black hair which turns slightly purple in the sunlight. His skin is a lovely tan and his wings a dull grey. He usually always looks proper and will never be seen not looking regal.
Personality: Abaddon has a very serious personality and doesn't like to joke around, however that doesn't mean that he isn't crafty. He's extremely proficient at strategy and formulating plans. He has a slight superiority complex and doesn't appreciate people standing up to him for any reason. He isn't afraid to threaten the lives of people who do so. He has an aura about him that feels like he's hiding something.
Inmate or Saved?:
Neither, Abaddon is the overseer to the Wars and monitors the Inmates and Saved like players in a chess game.
History: Abaddon descended from the heavens in the year 2017. He supposedly came to clear Earth of its sin and give one criminal the chance of a lifetime. He keeps the details of his past hidden from humans and simple relies on the fact that he descended from Heaven as his reason for these people to trust him.
He created the colosseum that the Fallen Angel Wars take place in and he oversees them. He seems to enjoy the thought of battles to the death and is very eager for the Wars to get into full swing.
Abaddon seems to be hiding something, however no one seems to suspect this.
Armor: Casually, he wears his white suit. In battle, he can instantly summon steel armor all around him. His armor is a mix of shining white and a deep black.
Weapon(s) of Choice: He fancies using a black great-sword with razored edges. He also likes to use a set of pure white throwing daggers.
Other: While he is normally fairly serious in demeanor, he can be a tad flirtatious towards both men and women if he feels like it.