I'm a dude...
...that RPs as a female character over 50% of the time because I think powerful women are attractive. I guess the same can be said for some guys who play RPG games a female chars - that or they don't want to look at a guy's ass for hours on end. There's definitely some sex appeal involved, but I think it's more of a cinematic thrill on my end. I like visualizing my posts, and girls+action are, well, appealing.
" don't want to look at a guy's ass for hours on end."
This is such a tired excuse.
I wouldn't know; not speaking for myself there.
Unlike you, I can't RP as a female character. Why? I don't really even know myself. I guess I'm one of those guys that likes the testosterone induced action.
I had to XD
And more power to you honestly if you want to play as powerful females most of the time.
Excuse for what? I'm interested to know because that's exactly why I play female characters in RPG's. Where-as here I've never -and probably never will- RPed a female character, because there is no aesthetic benefit and I try and create realistic characters here which I can't do with female characters because I'm not a female and know I can't even begin to think like one.
Originally Posted by Captain Ahab
If you think you can't play a realistic female merely on the fact that your a man then you're giving too much credit to the effect gender has on ones personality and behaviour.
Originally Posted by MelonHead
As for staring at a female's ass being a 'tired excuse', be fair it's the argument I hear over 90% of the time as to why a guy plays a female in a video game and most of the other 10% was people playing femshep in Mass Effect simply due to the voice actor and not the gender itself. It is a bit disappointing to see most people unwilling to attempt to play as a character of the other gender if not for butt aesthetic reasons since it's become pretty much almost an entire gender reducing another gender to one feature, and I'd also be having this argument with female gamers who only play male's for similar aesthetic reasons.
Though I think it's a bit different with females since most video game protagonists at the moment are in fact male so the few times where there is a choice in gender they normally go to female for familiarity sake since they already have to play as men most of the time with no choice in the matter.
Whenever I've played a female may it of been on a forum RP, in a video game or something like D&D it's been because I either felt like mixing it up for playing a female seemed appropriate or the scenario.
I remember there being a thread on this topic in Roleplayer Discussion once - roleplayers playing the opposite gender and all that.
The results? Nearly all females who voted said they were comfortable playing either gender, whereas the majority of (but not all of) the males said they could only play male characters.
And in this case, the award of not allowing false and idiotic gender stereotypes influence your judgement or enjoyment goes to... THE WOMEN!
Originally Posted by Kagamine
Well done ladies, well done! :)
Sorry, I just don't find femininity interesting.
Originally Posted by Gwazi Magnum