By some twist of fate, you find yourself in the Town that Takes All: Silent Hill. Where you drawn to the abandoned resort town by some inexplicable calling? Or did you arrive merely by chance, driving down the long highway, and getting into an accident--and waking up in front of this desolate town. Whatever the method, whatever the reason, you are here now. Thick mist clings into the air like smoke in a bar, so thick you are lucky to see 10 feet in front of you. The buildings are run down, abandoned. Some are boarded up, others look like they were the victim of a hurricane, junked to the point of being merely half-standing rubble. Cars are rusted and lying around, some junked like the buildings, others simply not working. There is an eerie silence in the air. Something isn't right, but you don't quite know what it is.
And you aren't the only one. There are others here too--others trying to survive. The question is, have they kept their sanity in this hell? Are they trustworthy? Can they help you to survive? OR will they end up being the death of you? In the end, everyone wants the same thing: to survive Silent Hill. But not everyone will. In fact, it is very possible none of you will. It is *likely* that the town will take it's toll in blood, the way it does with everyone else. Can you pull together with the group to survive? Or will you suffer a horrific fate, at the hands of this desolate town?
First ignore the damned sad face icon. I accidentally clicked it, and now it won't go away, even when I edit the post icon to be "no icon" >.<
Now, the way I plan on running this is that it will be a pretty open sandbox type RP where every player contributes to the story in their own way. That said, there is a plot that I will try to steer us towards, but we are in no long rush to get there. I want this to be a long-term RP--which doesn't mean it won't have action, it just means that we'll spend a lot of time doing things that aren't necessary to the plot.
If I get enough interest, I'll put up an OOC. The IC won't be up until I return from my trip out of town though--which will be around the 25th. I'll be here until the 22nd, so if people start flocking to this, I will go ahead and post an ooc and start accepting character submissions.
A very small and simple set of rules for the RP. I know this is just an interest check, but you deserve to know what you are getting into :)
1. This will be an advanced RP. I won't enforce a paragraph limit perse. Instead, I'll just say absolutely no one liners, whatsoever. If you can type one line, you can type 4 more to make a complete paragraph.
2. I want quality posts over quantity. I'm not looking for two pages of information--I just want people to put some thought into their writing. So, if the quality is there, don't expect to be bawled out for only writing one lonely paragraph. Likewise, don't overdo the "advanced" idea, and submit 2 pages worth of text in one post, unless all of that info really does add something to the RP.
3. This is a mature RP. It deals with mature and psychological themes. THere will be blood. There will be gore and strong language. For any sex scenes, we will fade to black (I'm not anticipating this sort of thing going on, but one never knows).
4. This will be straight up RP--no dice or anything like that. As such, I expect players to follow standard RP etiquette: ie, no godmodding, controlling other peoples characters, etc. etc.
5. That's it. I'll post a character sheet skeleton in the ooc if there's enough interest.
That's all for now. So...IS ANYONE INTERESTED???
Giving this a bump in the hopes someone out there (preferably a few someones) is interested.