Half a dozen MLP RP Ideas to choose from [Notice: Dark themes possible]
One must admit when their position has changed on something, and I must admit, I have recently [in the last month or so] become a fan of MLP... More accurately, of all of the crazy shit associated with it... seriously, if half of the imagination went into fixing this blasted country as goes into this fandom every day the world would be a better place.
Though I would not call myself a brony, nope... perhaps a 'moderate' if i must describe the closest possible designation XD... just a fan, a fan who's imagination utilizes any material it can grab hold of to create hopefully awesome and enjoyable RPs to have fun with.
And on that note, I have dozens of ideas in my head right now for potentially epic RPs... but... I just can't decide which of the RP Ideas to create first, i have so many, some entirely my own [as far as I know] and some inspired by other things I've experienced.
So, I thought I might describe several here and see in which someone takes the most interest... I have plenty of ideas in mind for each one to create it, I just can't choose which to put work into first ^.^
I would like to point out also, most ideas, because I am very flexible and imaginative myself, will allow for many different things that normal 'canon MLP stuff' would not, including violence, suggestive things, 'flirty ponies', technology and weaponry... it mainly depends on which RP idea it is first, but if you are hardcore cannon fodder [no offense] then this might be for you unless you want to branch out from the standard.
Note: I don't play cannons myself if I can help it, but I won't refuse you the ability to do so yourself =P long as you can do it well XD
0. Standard Crossover/AU styles, meaning Ponies mixed with
Left 4 Dead
Heroes of Might and Magic
And any number of other games/movies and other stuff. If you vote for this one, or just feel like expressing interest in it as well, then please feel free to suggest a crossover medium.
If loads of interest goes towards something of the sort then a Multiverse style may come to mind.
1. Luna's Children of the night - inspired by a youtube video actually that I thought would be funh to take further into modern equestria.
Sometime 'before' Luna turned into nightmare moon [for various headcannon reasons that would be more fun to leave secret =3] she spirited away about a dozen children from ancient canterlot to another land where they could attempt to grow into their own colony away from the suffering of life in a kingdom that was already on a crumbling foundation.
This idea would most likely be past all current cannon events in the series, and involve one or several of the modern Children of the night visiting equestria for the first time since they were taken away.
Players could easily be of either side, and since I'm 'me' there's always room for even more unnatural origins to a characters, even AU stuff.
2. Alicorns Amongus - The implication here is a new 'event' taking place when strangely after all this time of it seeming to have never happened [except once due to evidence seen about stuff from an official comic], many 'born' alicorns begin popping up in seemingly normal families across equestria. certainly not thousands of them, but more than enough to worry of tampering in the current natural order.
Players could easily be Young, Teenaged, or Adult Alicorns during the events of the RP, it just depends on what you wanna do, you can also be a normal pony for that matter, or again... AU style character... Lets just assume that in most of my ideas AU characters are acceptable as long as they can be explained, no 'poof, I'm here' stuff XD
3. Ancient Equestria AU - In this case, the Sister's wouldn't likely have been there to 'fix everything', and that single detail being stricken out would be enough to change everything and allow us to build out own grand adventure in the more chaotic times or ancient Equestria where we can guide history our own way.
Yes, alicorns will be allowed, but not 'loads' of em XD overall most of the canon 'functions of nature and the world' will be used to save having to explain every tiny detail.
4. MLP AU - Essentially, similar to the shows time period and level of civilization, but an alternate universe, one of which we as the players involved shall build ourselves... sure, there's a dozen other massive AU's out there already that are plenty epic, and I might well enjoy an RP in any one of those as well, but I'll leave that up to someone else to start up if they feel like ^.^
As an AU centric RP, this one has room for all manner of outrageous things
5. Modern world 'changed' - By which I mean our world... In this case, some sort of plot device that will be for a long time undefined will result in our world being 'ponified'... as you can imagine this has a lot of wildly varied potential, but there's a conspiracy behind this happening, and the act of changing the world as it is will have created things that those behind it did not fore-see, including our characters.
this could either involve 'utter chaos as nobody's memories are altered to 'believe' how the world was changed is how it always was, OR most normal people were memory warped and end up like 'normal ponies' aside from a handful who know otherwise, including our characters, 'the ones behind it', and possible a few others.
Note: I don't mean 'earth is turned into equestria' I mean 'earth gets ponified' XD
And of course many different character types could be viable here.
6. Pony Monsters - Not all monsters are truely evil ya know, there is a rising epidemic known as 'monster ponies'... no, i'm not talking 'frankenstein and wolfman' ponified, too simple, but I would not be opposed to a character inspired by such if it can still be unique...
In this case though, I'm reffering to ponies being inhabited and changed by the spirits of a different variety of 'monster', including psychopaths from other worlds, outcasts who may have just been 'misunderstood', or if you want to get really wierd, even Fanmade monster things ranging from something like... 'painis cupcake' [a TF2 thing on youtube] or... hell, you could be possessed by the ghost of sombra XD ... or whatever's left of him canonically.
The general idea though is that this 'monstrous spirit' taking up residence in an otherwise 'love and happiness' pony changes them, they don't just turn into a ponified version of what possessed them, it's more like merging the 2 really, granted, wierd stuff may happen, such as an obsession with collecting hats, or constant urge to eat people, but it