Remember When We Were Young?
When Tony Stark was only twelve years old, emotionally neglected from his father and practically forgotten by his overworked mother, he began an online friendship through a pen pal program. His partner turned out to be a ten year old female from London, England. They were constantly communicating, sharing stories and forming a true friendship through the years. Although Tony never gave away his last name, in fear that his father's legacy would cause problems. These two became extremely close, even beginning to develop a semi-romantic attachment when suddenly Tony stopped all communication on his fifteenth birthday. That's when Tony was enrolled at MIT and thrown into the adult world, forcing him to leave behind his pen pal.
Now twenty-seven year old Tony Stark is interested in re-connecting with his old friend. He asks Pepper to track the emails and seek out any information that can be found. What they discover is quite surprising. Not only has she immigrated to the United States, currently living in New York, but she's also world famous.
* * *
Alexandra "Alex" Mey Carmichael
British - American
Twenty-Five Years Old
* Alexandra was born to Mr. and Mrs. Carmichael, the owners and operators of Sacred Heart Union Hospital & Clinic in London, England. Both of her parents are Medical Experts, her mother is a Pediatric Doctor while her father is a Cardiac Surgeon. It only seemed logical that Alexandra would follow in their footsteps, inheriting the family business and keeping the McAndrews legacy alive. Sadly, this was not the dream that Alexandra wanted. While she absolutely loves to help people, Alexandra's passions were in Mythology and English Literature. While her parents allowed their daughter to obtain Master degrees in Mythology and English, it was still expected that Alexandra study Medicine as well. She also accomplished a Medical License and degree while at University.
* At ten years old, Alexandra made her first friend. A another child, although two years older, named Anthony. They emailed every single day, including school nights. Alexandra never knew that her pen pal was the only child of the Great Howard Stark. To her, Anthony was just an average kid. They developed quite a friendship, with the early hints of romance just beginning to build when Alexandra turned thirteen and suddenly Anthony stopped all communication. Heartbroken the young female dedicated her life to studies, enriching her mind and gathering extensive knowledge in several subjects, including Medicine.
* When Alexandra turned sixteen years old, she graduated high school. She immediately enrolled in University and began reaching towards her degrees. Four years later, shortly after turning nineteen, Alexandra graduated, with honors, from University. Her parents were absolutely thrilled! They insisted that Alexandra begin working at their hospital, but Alexandra declined. She expressed desires to leave England and do some traveling for a few years. Although disappointed, her parents accepted their daughter's decision.
* Alexandra continued to travel the world, exploring exciting countries and collecting new skills along with knowledge, until her twenty-third birthday. She finally returned to England and discovered that her parents had tragically died in an explosion at Sacred Heart's radiation unit. Devastated and extremely heartbroken, Alexandra was attacked by the media's outrage when she announced that she had no plans on rebuilding Sacred Heart. Instead, the sole inheirt to the Carmichael fortune and legacy packed up her belongings and immigrated to the United States.
* Moving to the United States was a drastic change in Alexandra's life, but she welcomed it with an open mind and accepting heart. She built a life for herself in New York, opening a Medical practice in honor of her parents, but since her twenty-fifth birthday has retired from actual practice. Alexandra remains a constant figure at the hospital, but solely as a consultant and only intervenes if there's a medical emergency.
* Currently Alexandra is teaching Honors English and Mythological Studies at New York's finest University for the Elite. She remains a public figure in the media all across the world. Alexandra has never been in a serious relationship, engaged or married. She foolishly remains hopeful that one day her Anthony will contact her and she keeps waiting for that miracle.
* Rediscovered her pen pal and after two months, began dating Tony Stark. She also learned about him being Iron Man and demanded she become his personal medical representative.