[Light-Advanced]Sword Art Online
So I don't know exactly how well your detective skills are but, this is a roleplay based on the charming world of Sword Art Online, which we all know is a virtual world(duh!).
So furthermore, lets begin!
The fateful story begins with the announcement of the new up and coming virtual reality roleplaying game. This is the first game of it's kind, sending it's players into an entirely virtual world where you control your character not with a keyboard, but your own thoughts. Selling out at 12:03am of opening night you are amongst the lucky ten thousand people who have gotten your hands on a copy. Frantically scurrying home you plug in, slipping on your helmet. Once you pat yourself down to calibrate the system you lay down and soon your mind is racing down a virtual highway where you take your first steps before becoming the best you can be.
As you login you begin your journey either exploring the city and the surrounding expanses of virtual goodness or getting used to the combat system. But later on you begin to feel a grumbly in the tumbly that only the sweetest of Italian flatbreads with assorted toppings with a tomato sauce median. But alas, as you open the menu the Log Out button has magically disappeared and there is no way to manual log out. And off in the distance the sound of a loud gong draws your attention, suddenly your body begins to glow and you randomly appear in the middle of town square with apparently everyone else. Looking around in confusion a red tint fills the sky and appears a giant hooded figure in the sky.
Introducing himself as Kayaba Akihiko, the chief developer of the Sword Art Online and the NerveGear (The helmet that is the conduit from Real world to Virtual world). He then informs you that the removal of the log out button was not a bug but I means to bring his dreams to fruition. His plan was to create a world that he was a God, control of all things. He then went on to explain that if someone on the outside tried to remove the NerveGear it would send a microwave burst and fry the brain, killing the host. Also, if your health within the game reaches zero, again... you dead for realsies. No take backs.
In shock and disbelief Kayaba reassured his words truthfulness he then pulled up news report after news report of over one hundred cases of people dying from their family members removing the helmet.
About this Roleplay.
Oh, I almost didn't see you there. You're looking as dashing as ever. *wink* But in all seriousness here is a list of things to expect from this Roleplay.
- A small dedicated group of people with a desire for character development and action with a delightful sprinkle of romance. I am looking for no more than 10 players.
- This Roleplay is set one month after the event. With this you can have some range of diversifying your character into something unique.
- This roleplay based around a small guild of our characters. They aren't amongst the leading Guilds on the front lines.
- Our guild though not on the front lines are the fifth from the top guilds, meaning we aren't push overs but it gives us some space to not solely do front lines work but have some side objectives and etc.
- Within Aincrad (The Virtual world within Sword Art Online) the first six floors have been beat and currently clearing out floor seven and leveling and strategizing for the floor boss; Which we will talk about whether or not we want to join that boss fight.
Things and stuff that differ from the series.
I know what you're thinking! "El Tigre, I understand you want to make a Sword Art Online RP. Are we going to be keeping the original cast of character?" I am glad you ask that, random person. No, the original cast will not be participating in this endeavor. I only want to see well developed original characters. This is about the only thing that differs, at least that I can think of. Glad we kept this short and sweet. :)
A guide to understanding the world.
- The world of Sword Art Online is known as Aincrad and their currency is known Col. (Think of 1 Col equal to 1 Gold piece.)
- Unlike most online games Sword Art Online does not have a magic system. Though there is a throwing mechanic for daggers or stones, or maybe tossing a friend a health pack, there is no real ranged 'class' making the world even more dangerous as your combats are up close and personal making the threat of losing your life very much real.
- You can use any melee weapon you can think of, exotic or classic. This option is totally up to you. Along with this your fighting style is also completely up to you.
- Within Sword Art Online there isn't a Class system, everyone starts off the same. A blank slate that develops as you level by the choices you make and how you play your character.
- The World is set up in a floor system, ranging from floor 1 to floor 100. Each floor progresses in difficulty and you can only get to the next floor by defeating the floor boss.
- There is a dueling system within Sword Art Online, this can be done anywhere and once a players health reaches 1HP they are declared the loser and their health returns to the health they had before the duel, as long as the duel is done within town limits. Outside of town limits a duel can have deadly consequences. Seriously, deadly. As in you die.
- Player kills [known as PK] are allowed though not within town limits. Killing another player will flag your name in red and mark you as a criminal. Red Names aren't able to access town limits.
- Clean names are green, people who steal or commit mild crimes names turn orange and previously stated Red names are above.
This is a Sword art online RP with a small group of characters. It is one month after the release of the game. Join us and have a dandy ol' time with this lovely series.