"That's no moon...it's a space bar.
Also, it doesn't look anywhere close to a moon. How could you mistake that for a moon? C'mon, man...use your eyes."
The Horsehead Bar OOC
"...and we'll be right back to live Galactic News Network coverage after these messages from our sponsors. Just because it's the 23rd century doesn't mean commercials are out of style."
"Hi, I'm Kim Kardashev...and no, I am not at all like that Kim Kardashian female from Earth 200 years ago. Goodness no. It really is a shame our names our so much alike. It's Kardashev...like the guy who invented the Kardashev scale that everybody knows. Anyway...I'd like to invite you to the grand opening of a new premier destination spot for interstellar travelers, sightseers and those just looking for a good drink. Come to the Horsehead Bar to sip on your favorite cocktail from Ceti Alpha V while overlooking the breathtaking Horsehead Nebula. We have drinks from every corner of the galaxy and a view that is second to none. Come sit down at a booth or a barstool and stay awhile, having the drink you've been craving while getting to know species you never knew existed. Experience both the wonders of the Universal Translator and the wonders of our beverages simultaneously...I think you get the idea now. We have spacious space docking facilities for spacecraft of all shapes and sizes, as well as overnight rooms for when you really need to stay awhile *wink*. We can repair or refuel your ship while you come in for a nice cold sip. The Horsehead Bar is officially open for business.
...if this sounds way over-commercialized, that's because I'm getting paid to make it that way. I do seriously care about my bar though, and I'd love for everyone listening to stop by for a drink. Hop over to the Horsehead Bar when you can...you won't regret it!"
"Aaand...CUT! That's a wrap! Thank you very much Ms. Kardashev, here's your credit chip...there should be enough in there to help jumpstart your bar. Best of luck to you and we'll contact you if we ever wish to make another ad. Thanks again."
Kim thanked the film crew for the money and sighed after they left. Well...here's hoping that was worth it. The extra cash certainly helps, but it's all about how many people actually show up. Ah well, this little bar of mine has plenty going for it, with genuine drinks from every planet and moon in the galaxy. It's spotless and everything's ready to go...here goes nothing.
A low hum emerged as the bar whirred into life, the Petrubian lights flickering on for the first time.
"Now we wait."
By popular (i.e. about 4 people) request, this is a freeform social sci-fi themed roleplay that takes place in the 23rd century entirely inside the Horsehead Bar, which exists in a universe where the Earth has been destroyed
for roughly a century (nuclear war). Its purpose is twofold:
1. Allow new roleplayers to get their feet wet RPing by participating in a non-paced, non-plot driven RP that is always open and where character development and adherence to a story arc is not required.
2. Allow experienced roleplayers to join a fun, relaxed roleplay to kick back and relax, experiment with character ideas, and generally just have a good time.
That said, although it is freeform, there are
RULES OF THE BAR
0. No attacking, damaging or otherwise negatively affecting the bar or its staff!!!
The bar is an entity which is at the core of the game and may not be tampered with.
1. The Fundamental Rules of the Guild still apply. This includes: no godmodding, no killing without permission (though I don't know why you'd need to kill in this RP), etc.
2. Although this is a relaxed freeform roleplay, this is a Casual
a Free one. This means that you are expected to take the time to create quality posts at least a paragraph long, with proper spelling and grammar. OOC is only acceptable in the IC thread in minimal quantities, always denoted by ((double parentheses)).
3. You can have up to two characters at a time, but I would prefer everyone stuck to a single character. If you're bored of a character or just want to change it up, simply have your character leave the bar for whatever reason and have your new character walk in, after stating in the OOC that the first character is at least temporarily inactive and posting a CS for the new character.
4. Every character must have a CS posted in this thread, the OOC, first before they can began posting in the IC. CSs do NOT
need to be approved before you can begin playing, as this is a freeform RP where all character types are accepted and there is no canon or storyline to adhere to. As long as the character fits within the sci-fi genre, you're good.
5. There is no Activity Pledge or anything. If you stop posting temporarily for whatever reason, it is just assumed that your character has melted into the background noise of the bar, is waiting for a drink, or whatever. If you intend to stop posting and not continue at a later time, please post to that effect in the OOC so I can mark your character as deactivated permanently. Also, if you stop posting for any extended length of time, please don't stop in the middle of a conversation with another player or any other such awkward/RP-affecting moments. Set up your character's exit within the RP before making it happen. All that said, it IS preferred that players post regularly.
6. Be creative! This is a freeform RP so you can experiment with any kind of character type you want. Invent a species from another star system. Combine two species (humanoid fox, etc.). Be a sentient robot. Whatever you want! It's the creativity and diversity of character species and personalities combined with regularl activity that makes this roleplay fun. Finally, most importantly...
7. Have fun! ...but take it as seriously as you would any other Casual RP.
The IC thread will be started as soon as there are enough CS submissions.
CHARACTER SHEET TEMPLATE
(Delete everything in parentheses)
Name: (does not have to be a human firstname-lastname, unless of course your species is in fact Homo sapiens)
Age: (if applicable to your species, but real age and apparent age)
Gender: (male/female/other if your species has different or more than two genders)
Species: (be creative! mythological creatures, made up space races, enhanced humans, hybrids, robots, etc. Including a picture of your character (can be a photograph, painting, anime, etc.) is encouraged!)
Species Info: (optional, but if you have a species that's not self explanatory I'd love to read about it.)
Occupation: (what does your character do for a living?)
Personality: (not everyone at the bar can be happy and friendly to each other)
Biography: (what's your character's story?)
Affiliation with Kim: (has your character ever crossed paths with the bar owner in the past? If so, how?)
Other Info: (what are you character's hobbies? why are they visiting the bar? anything else I should know about your character? do you want to be a character that joins Kim running the bar (bar staff)?)
Post Frequency: (just for my reference, how often do you intend to post?)
SAMPLE CHARACTER SHEET
The bartender needs her own character sheet, after all. It's not much, but it's a good sample to follow.
Name: Kim Kardashev
Age: 362 (appears 25)
Species: Enhanced Human
Species Info: Kim was one of the first volunteers in one of the first experiments to cybernetically enhance humans. Of course nowadays it's rare to find an all-organic human, but in her day back on Earth it was completely new. Her surgery to install a cybernetic heart failed in a spectacular fashion, knocking out all the power in the building she was in, destroying the cybernetics intended for her, and for a reason unexplained to science causing her life expectancy to increase tenfold and her ageing process to be halved in speed. She is predicted to live to see a millenium.
Occupation: Owner/Bartender at the Horsehead Bar
Personality: Kim is a very outgoing but very classy and kind woman. She loves interacting with and personally serving her customers. She is admired the galaxy over for her incredible kindness and class, her radiant beauty, and her expertise at making a fine tasting beverage.
Biography: Kim grew up on Earth in the United States as a child amongst the increasingly corrupt world governments. Before the Earth was destroyed, she moved to the Alpha Centauri system in the 22nd century and made a name for herself as a model for a wedding dress company as well as a brewer. Once the Earth descended into nuclear war and was lost forever, she decided to open the Horsehead Bar as kind of a tribute to Earth (because of all of the Earth drinks she had accumulated over the years).
Affiliation with Kim: n/a
Other Info: n/a
Post Frequency: As often as I can (at least once per day, if there are other new posts).
CURRENT CHARACTER LIST
Strikethrough = deactivated. Color of character name = color of speaking text for character (optional).
(beautiful female bar owner) / DrivingPark
Morris ("The Main Man") (burly snow white super soldier bounty hunter) / VaultBoy
Iris Santiana (adventurous treasure hunting android female) / MissCapnCrunch
Nanael (merchant Fyin (elven) female) / Raining