A Dangerous Prophecy (Warrior cats RP)
I'll be making this if I get enough interest.
A new prophecy has befallen the forest, and each and every clan now fears for it's survival. With tensions high between the powerful Shadowclan and the other three clans of the forest, much blood is needlessly spilled over small disputes that would otherwise be overlooked. The cats of River, Thunder, and Wind clan each have a decision to make - risk the prophesied destruction of their clans, or drive the dreaded Shadowclan by the forest. Such a task, even for the three together, wouldn't be easy given Shadowclan's current position in power, but furthermore, is it even necessary? Is Starclan actually warning the Clans to drive out their sister clan? Or is the real danger actually hidden within?
- First and foremost, be respectful and have fun! I understand joking around and what not, but spitefully insulting other people will absolutely not be tolerated. This goes for arguments too - if you have an argument that needs settling, take it to PMs or contact me.
- The GM's word is law. You are free to voice concerns, and I will certainly take them under consideration, but if I make a decision regarding something of importance, that is that. Period.
- This is a casual to high-casual roleplay. This means I will be expecting at least two well written paragraphs per post. This isn't entirely difficult to do, so I don't think I'm asking too much.
- You *Should* make multiple characters. This isn't required but I encourage it very much - as a warrior's roleplay, there are a lot of spots to fill, and any spot that isn't filled I'll have to manage on my own. Making multiple characters and in multiple clans makes my life a hell of a lot easier.
- This is a Warriors RP. There will most likely be fighting at some point during the roleplay. I ask three things of you: No GodModding or powerplaying. There is ESPECIALLY no Metagaming - if there is a clan planning on attacking you, there is no, "I HAD A FEELING THEY WERE ALL HIDING BEHIND THAT ONE BUSH AND, WOW, THEY WERE!". You get one warning before you are asked to leave. I cannot stress this enough. If you need clarification on any of these, feel free to ask me.
- As a roleplay that will have natural disasters and even sometimes clan wide fights, I should let you know that your character *MAY* die. This is fine! Death always adds well to plot, and you are free to make another character. Like I said, the more characters and the more diverse they are clan wise, the better!
- Yes, we are still in the forest. A map is below.
- No, you don't have to had read the books to roleplay, but I do recommend it greatly! They're wonderful books. If there are any concerns or questions, I will gladly explain.
- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time, please let me know. This is fine, but I'll need to know what to do with your character. If you just disappear, your character will be eaten by a fox, crushed by a badger, or will die during a natural event.
- Add *Warriors Rock!* to the top of your CS. Just to make sure you read these rules!
- If I used a name that you wanted on one of the NPC characters, just let me know and I will change it. You should have the name you want!
- There is no rule Twelve. (I reserve the right to extend this list if I feel necessary.
This is a warriors RP! I can't stress enough the importance of clan interaction and politics. You're in Thunderclan and want to fall in love with a friend in Shadowclan? Go for it! You're patrolling the border and happen along a WindClan patrol? Shout some mocking comments or chase them off! Act as your character would in all of these situations. I will personally control NPC characters, and I'll make sure every clan is doing something at every time (Though I won't always post. I'd be writing a mini story if I had to post for every single member of every clan!) I'll make sure to post when patrols are out in clans that aren't popular or don't have a an actual person as leader/deputy to organize them. Know that I will push on the Plot and be developing it consistently! If you wish to be a antagonist, please contact me and I'll give you more details as for what I have in store. Know that antagonists will have to be secretive, I don't want them giving everything away!
I will also control time. At various intervals during the day, I'll be posting shifts in time to progress the RP. Roll with these shifts and use them to length your posts - for example, if you're hunting during a shift from dawn to mid-day, tell us how you came upon a badger den and reported it to your leader when you got back! This also means that it is important to stay active, so that you can react to each change of day. Each day will count as two days in the world - this means that every half a month in real life (half a moon) will actually be a moon in the game. This also means that every day will cycle through two days in the roleplay. This is a new mechanic that I'm trying out, so if you have any ideas, be sure to let me know.
Fighting will break out from time to time. Whether it is between you and a badger, you and another person, you and an NPC, or two NPCs, there will almost certainly be a degree of fighting in this roleplay. As I stated in the rules, you are not to Metagame information, God Mod another person's character, or Powerplay, else you will be warned and then kicked from the RP. These are fighting techniques and methods used in Warrior's fighting, so if you are new to the series and don't quite understand how cats beat the shit out of each other, then by all means check it out! You are not restricted to those techniques, though. You are completely free to be innovative and creative with your fighting techniques. Just make sure to follow the rules.
Lastly, as previously stated, your character may die as a result of a several things, which will be clarified below. This happens, and isn't a huge problem. Know that I will not kill your character with an NPC unless I am explicitly given permission, but I cannot say the same for other people and their cats. If you engage another person, know that your life is quite possibly on the line. That is up to the other person.
There are more then just cats in the warriors world! While the main focus of each clan should be the first prophecy, that will not be Starclan's only warning. I will be controlling Starclan and speaking with individual people (Mostly leaders and Medicine cats, but it isn't unheard of for Starclan to speak to other cats! It is up to these cats to interpret the warnings given to them, for they will almost certainly prophesize danger for their clan.
(I will control animals, humans, and natural events, in a fight or otherwise.)
Badgers: At some point during the RP, the clan cats may encounter Badgers. These vicious creatures are powerful, strong, and quite capable of killing a cat with one dangerous swipe of their paws, which they will gladly do for any conceivable reason you give them. At any point during the RP there may be a badger on any clan's territory - only I will have this information. If there is a badger at a certain place, and you pass by that place within a decent distance of it's home, depending on the time of day, I will post something to let you know it is there. Always beware of traveling alone at night, when the Badger is most active. A cat will almost certainly lose to a badger one on one, though it is not IMPOSSIBLE to drive one off. I really, really don't recommend trying.
Foxes: At some point during the RP, the clan cats may encounter Foxes. While not as strong as a badger, these creatures are faster, lithe, less clumsy, and taller. While not as fiercely territorial as the badger, these animals can and will defend their territory and rip a cat to pieces. It is very unlikely for a cat to beat a Fox one on one, though not impossible nor unheard of. At any point during the RP there may be a Fox on any clan's territory - only I will have this information. If there is a Fox at a certain place, and you pass by this place within a decent distance of it's location, I will post something to let you know it is there.
Humans: Dubbed twolegs by the cats of wild, Humans are a problem for all the clans of the forest. At any point during the RP, problems caused by them may effect any of the clans, whether it be the poisoning of the river, the dropping of a poisonous substance, forest fires, dogs, or monsters (Cars) on the thunderpath (street).
Natural Events: Natural events do occur in the warriors world. They include anything from the daily whether, to large disasters such as Forest Fires, Tornados, Storms, Flooding, and various forms of Sickness. Whether or not these occur will be up to me, though do not worry - I won't be biased or otherwise abusive with this power. If I am I encourage you to call my shit, because that is absolutely not acceptable. Natural disasters will occur to move along the plot, or simply because of an event that I rolled (Yes, some events will be randomly rolled. That's nature baby!)
is Thunderclan territory.
is Riverclan territory.
is Windclan territory.
is Shadowclan territory.
is neutral territory.
[The Warrior's Code.]:
The warrior's code is the heart of the four clans, and are the guidelines that each clan follows in order to remain true to their ancestry and traditional ways. To break the warrior code is to a crime above most in the forest, and is not acceptable. These rules are not the law of the roleplay, they are the law of the Clans. You may break them, but at your own risk.
The Warrior's Code:
- Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
- Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
- Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
- Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
- A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
- Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
- A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
- The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled.
- After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
- A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
- Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
- No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
- The word of the Clan Leader is the warrior code.
- An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
- A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
[OTHER RULES OF THE CLANS]:
- Medicine cats may not have a mate or kits.
- Kits must stay in camp until they are apprenticed, and are not allowed to hunt.
- The safety of the Clan is more important than the safety of one cat.
- Clans must not unite together to drive out another Clan.
- Clans must not force another Clan to share territory.
- Enemy patrols must not attack cats if they are on a mission all four Clans agree on.