WOTM #31 Theme Choice
This thread exists so that you, the participants of WOTM, can vote for what theme you'd like us, the WOTM staff, to use next contest. This way, we can only use themes that please as many WOTM participants as possible. The poll is multi-choice, so if you like more than one theme, you're welcome to say so. Also, themes that do not win this vote will likely be given another chance in future polls.
Theme: True Happiness
Explained: Write a story about an individual attaining or losing true happiness.
- The ending is a happy one.
- The happiness in question is fought for in some fashion, either to attain it or keep it.
- The story does not involve love or romance.
- The entry is or contains a piece of poetry.
- The tale is heavily centered around a location with plentiful water.
Explained: The main focus of the entry is water, be it metaphorical or literal.
- The main character of the story or poem is water, or the water is otherwise sentient.
- The main character is a creature that lives in or around water (ie: a fish, whale, etc).
- Water is portrayed in a metaphorical sense.
- Water is used as a tool in an unusual way.
- The water in the story is unavailable, undrinkable or unusable for whatever reason (polluted, salty, etc).
Theme: Fairy Tale
Explained: Write a story based on a fairy tale.
- The story takes place in a modern setting.
- The story is told from the perspective of the traditional villain of the fairy tale.
- The story is written as though someone is telling the story to a child.
- The story uses elements from two or more fairy tales.
- The story provides an alternate ending to an existing fairy tale.
This thread will be left open, and for good reason! Please don't hesitate to comment on the themes themselves or general setup of this WOTM feature.
Looks like Water's gonna win.
It might. yeah. There are still two whole days of voting left though.
It'll have to be one hell of a drastic turnaround.
Hmm… interesting choices.
Looks like everyone who voted hates happiness. Hurray for being evil!
I'm like the only one who voted for happiness......
Lol, happiness got shut out! I wonder what that says about society...
I think I might try this, either water or fairytale would be something I could work with.
I voted for the happiness theme because it is the one that appealed to me the most.