THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS. IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS AND CRITICISM IS WELCOME.
What is this about?
This is a multi-crossover RP with a sci-fi theme. Our characters will be based on single ship that by accident gains the uncontrolled ability to travel to alternate realities, where things may be nigh identical or completely different to their home universe. They will pop up at important milestones of the other universes' history and getting a piece of the action.
- For all intents and purposes, this will start as a Ship RP, and may be expanded to fleet RP
- The RP will have an episodic form, with each crossover covering one chapter. All chapters will be bound together by a single main story - finding a way back home.
- The initial setting and every universe to be visited next will be determined by vote
- To make starting off easier, there are few limitations on the initial setting: The starting characters and ship will be human, and the original ship will be from a less advanced setting (Think Babylon 5 or pre-Asgard Stargate)
- With every visited universe, you have a chance to pick up or switch characters if you do not wish to play the original
- It is possible for a crossover to happen between this and other RP on the board. Interested GMs post here or in my PM
- Previously visited universe can be visited again at another point in time
- Settings I am not familiar with / crossovers with other RPs will have to be GMed by someone else. If noone is willing to GM the "winning" setting, it will be discarded and next on the list will be played instead
- NPCs will be pretty much necessary. As such, they are free to play/interact with by all players, although GM may choose to assign important NPC to specific player
- Roleplayerguild.com and casual section rules apply
- GM has the final word
- You can not "win" the game - Thus your characters can not be immortal gods without weaknesses
- Use common sense - do not godmod, powerplay, bunny, ... (Pro tip: Ask yourself if you would like this done to you and behave accordingly)
List of possible destination universes:
- Babylon 5
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Mass Effect
- Foundation series
- Another RP on RPGuild
- Anywhere else I didn't think of
List of chapters:
1) Babylon 5
2) Star Trek
Race: (If you can provide wiki link do so)
Rank: (If you are unfamiliar with the ranks of selected universe, you can always have your character be a civillian consultant. Non B5 personnel will be ranked IC when they sign up)
Position on the ship:
Commanding officer - Dibs
Head of R&D (We ARE testing a new revolutionary FTL drive)
Head of Engineering
Head of medical bay
Captain of Air Group
Head of Security
EAS Transcendence, heavily modified Warlock-class destroyer
This version is made to be capable of operating with a skeleton crew (About 200) and is equipped with an experimental jump engine.
12 Thunderbolt class starfuries
2 Kestrel class shuttles
Ok, this is all I could think of from the top of my head. I am sure there are still bugs and clarifications to be polished and made, so ask and nitpick :) Post your votes on the settings as well.
we're going to need a gunnery officer, and probably I'd guess we had a set of onboard dog fighters? so won't we need a fighter-commander?
some veriations on our own world
(Watch this space for more!)
PICK ONE :D And suggest the time frame/scene for it too. Any thoughts on the starter universe? Good thinking on the gunnery officer btw. Fighter-commander would be the captain of air group, or CAG for short.
I would be inclined to pick B5 for start, probably a whitestar or warlock class destroyer, depending on the number of people we get for this. You can also play multiple characters I guess.
one?! dammit! I was just hurling ideas round. B5 sounds good, or startreck, you know, warp drive ect. allready you've got space-time fuckery.
Well the whole idea is to go to one different universe at a time, solve a problem, get some more tech that might help getting home?, move on to the next :) Star trek seems quite advanced to me, tho i'll admit i never watched more than one episode of it. rule of thumb would be: If it has shields, it probably is too advanced to be the starting one. Fine for destination tho.
Red Dwarf? Holly could be doing one of his CRAZY ideas again.
Originally Posted by Forsythe
Name: Kahless (This is not his original name, but instead one he took)
Age: ??? (He lost count quite some time ago)
Rank: Acting Lieutenant-Commander (The captain of his own ship, but being that it has been hijacked, he is forced to work on this ship.)
Having spent countless years, roaming reality and studying under the greatest masters, he has mastered countless different fighting techniques and forms. These include, but are not limited to:
Deja-Fu (Described as the feeling that you have been kicked in the face this exact same way before...)
Seishin Dairin Fist
Meyraiyuth (Developed so he would have a way to defend himself when he had had a little too much Blood Wine.)
Lightsaber Combat (Doesn't carry a Lightsaber, as he finds the ability to cut through almost anything to be dishonourable)
Fa-Kyu (Scottish Martial Arts, it involces headbutting your opponent and then kicking them on the ground.)
Position on the ship: Head of Security
Bio: He had a standard childhood, born and grew up on Qonos, being told stories of Kahless and Moltor. When he went on his first hunt, he was separated from his group, a Meteorite fell out of the sky and landed next to him, it was cold and the sun had set, he curled up next to it for warmth. Unbeknownst to him, it was mutating his body.
As he grew, he noticed that he stopped aging, he soon discovered that he was no longer capable of dying. This was very upsetting to him, as he would never be able to enter the gates of Sto-Vo-Kor.
He decided that if he would never be able to meet the greatest warrior in the next life, then he would become the greatest warrior in this life. After spending many centuries and the help of some of the greatest minds of their time, he discovered Cross-dimensional travel, which he mounted onto a Bird-Of-Prey. He would use this to go to every dimension and learn their fighting forms, study under every master, become the greatest warrior that Reality itself has ever known. If he could not go to Sto-Vo-Kor to meet the legends, then he would become a Legend that the beings of Sto-Vo-Kor would want to come back to reality to spend their afterlives with.
He spent many years with a race of violent hunters with advanced technology called the "Yautja" After besting their champions in Single combat, he was made an honourary member of their tribe. They even gave him a ceremonial mask that he still wears. However, as of not too long ago, his Bird of Prey has been stolen by an old opponent. To his good fortune, he has managed to make contact with another Dimension jumping vessel. He has agreed to join up with them as a consultant, but is only waiting for them to catch up with his enemy so he may kill them and reclaim his vessel so he can continue his quest.
- - - Updated - - -
This introduces us to a guide and also gives us a potential villain for later.
@Matt: Again either I worded my thoughts poorly or people just can't read xP You skipped to 3), but we're not decided on 1) and 2) yet. I'll wait a day to give everyone who shown interest to cast their votes. Trek seems to be rather popular though so there's a good chance it'll get picked :)
As far as the character itself goes, he can't have working cross dimensional travel machine or know how to construct one. That would defeat the whole purpose of the main story.
actually I just had an idea, what if some how this cross dimentional jump caused so meany ripples in space and time that people were pulled from all over the multiverse?
Originally Posted by Forsythe