"You're going to be better than him, boy." (JtHM. Johnny needed.)
(Figured it was time to make a new thread for this. This is NOT meant to be a romance. Just brotherly/friend stuff. That's it. I'm sorry if that burst your bubble. JtHM = Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, a comic by Jhonen Vasquez, in case you didn't know.)
Todd Casil has had more issues in his childhood, than most people have had in their entire lives. Neglectful parents, a cannibalistic grandfather, alien abductions, and downright evil classmates. He's been in Satan's home, and has met the Anti Christ; he witnessed a boy being mauled by a chihuahua; he had been sent to an insane asylum for three years. And, of course, he has interacted with our favorite homicidal maniac and lived to tell the tale.
The floorboards creaked under his worn sneakers, sending a shudder down his spine. A large wave of dust fluttered up almost every time he moved. A stale, almost indescribable odor assaulted his nostrils. Was it from the dust? Blood? Or maybe just death itself? He didn't know, nor did he want to know. At first, he had his hand lingering on the doorknob, braced to dash back out into the warm sunlight at any moment. Eventually, he had to let the rusted metal go in order to venture further into the old house. Every inch of its appearance made it clear that nothing had been touched in quite a while, or at least he hoped. Its former resident hadn't seemed like the type to keep a clean house, so maybe it was just always like that. He hadn't seen the man in so long, that the latter was almost impossible. There had been no sightings of the man, his old car. No nightly visits in...Eleven years? About that.
Today was Todd Casil's eighteenth birthday. Today was the day he was kicked out of his parents' home, with only a duffel bag - packed close to bursting - in hand. His father hadn't even said happy birthday to his only son before thrusting him out the door. His mother might have said her farewells, if she had been "there" enough to remember who she was saying goodbye to. There had been no warning, though Todd should have seen it coming. Now he had nowhere to go. There was always Pepito, who had turned eighteen a few months ago and quickly moved out on his own. But, being the epitome of sin that he was, the house was either always full of prostitutes, or full of many types of drugs and alcohol. Sometimes both. Todd, still quite innocent, couldn't handle such things being constantly in his face, and quickly passed up the idea of staying with the Anti Christ.
The empty house next door was the only source of shelter. It had been eleven years. The man wasn't coming back. Had he even existed?
Todd shook his head and clutched his old teddy bear closer to his side. Shmee hadn't talked in years, but the teen couldn't bring himself to get rid of his closest friend. Even trapped in silence, the bear gave him comfort.
Slowly, Todd closed the door, shutting out the bright sunshine that dared not penetrate that house. Unknown to Todd, something silently watched him from beyond the walls. Something seeped out from under the floorboards, disturbed by the sudden appearance of the boy, but unable to truly interact with him. It would have to wait. They would have to wait. For now.
In a (kind of) nutshell: In desperate need of a place to stay, Todd finds shelter at "the scary neighbor man's" old home. Instead of staying for only a day or two like he had planned, the teen ends up staying for a couple months. Aside from the occasional feeling of being watched, nothing personally bothers him. The scattered objects of horror and bloodstains made him nervous, but he was in no position to be picky. Everything is pretty much fine until the former resident returns. (How Johnny reacts is up to the person playing him). After a potentially rocky re-acquaintance, the two settle on being roommates, or at least for the time being. With Johnny, returns...something else. And the wait is over.
The monster needs a new feeder; a new waste lock must be found. It has been kept dormant for long enough, and if Johnny won't return to his duties, then maybe Todd can pick it up for him. The Universe will get what it needs, even by force if it has to. Can Todd break free, or end up like his former neighbor as a slave of House 777? Can Johnny help keep his only friend from falling into insanity?
And there it is! Anyone interested? Nothing is really set in stone, except for Johnny's return and Squee's issues. Suggest anything. Like stated above: This is NOT meant to be a romance. Just brotherly/friend stuff. That's it. I meant it!
- I can always play Devi, but I'd rather leave her as a side character.
- I'm open to RPing over PM or email, but probably not thread unless my partner absolutely insists.
- I've read both spin-offs, so we can always mix a little of them into the plot.
- I have no limits whatsoever when it comes to language and violence. I don't think having limits on violence will work well for this kind of RP, to be honest. xD
- The length of my posts depends on what's happening and what replies I'm given to work with. I normally get a good paragraph, counted in sentences, not lines.
- As stated in my signature, my replies may be a little slow. If you're someone who NEEDS a reply every day, then I don't think I'm the partner for you.
What I'm looking for:
- As stated in the title, someone to play Johnny. I don't care if he's a little out of character.
- Someone who has read the original series, or a good part of it. Please know what you're getting into.
- Someone who can handle an RP that's as mature as the comic is. This means gore and strong language are okay if they happen.
- I don't care about the length of posts, as long as they give me something to work with, but I do care about grammar and spelling. If you "tlk liek dis", we're not going to get along. I understand typos and small quirks, but I can only take so much.
- Don't just leave the entire plot to me. I want someone to help mold and shape what's happening, and put some honest effort into the RP.
Feel free to post on PM me! :3