Scout's Mystery Bag of Roleplays! - Open at Own Risk (Original & Fandom Within)
Hello, everybody! I'm Scout - but my name is Ken, so if you prefer to call me that, feel free! I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone (USA). I'm not too good at sharing general information about myself, but I'll try my best... I'm a High School graduate who is currently losing weight in order to join the US Navy in order to be Cryptologic Technician (Interpretive). I absolutely love language and culture, both experiencing and merely learning about it is enough to keep me interested for hours. By the time I leave the military, I hope to be fluent in two languages over English. I'm not very learned on the Eastern Asian culture, but I'm very interested in it and hope to someday travel to Japan, China, and western Russia. Since graduating, my French and Spanish have both gone from strongly conversation to broken, honestly, and it's a bit saddening, but I'm trying to move into something else. My seasonal job(s) are just about to end, but I haven't enrolled in college, so I'm currently rather free with my time, though I try to stay active all day. I, like many people on this site, love to read and write and my favourite author right now happens to be David Mitchell. I also like to shoot... shoot what? Anything. Bows, pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, and anything else that goes bang, boom, pop, or twang. I'm fairly easy-going and very, very flexible in my roleplay ideas. I love to collaborate and work together on the plot, as well as introduce twists and surprises without too much warning between us after a while, to keep things more interesting.
Rules & Regulations:
I know that these are a pain, but I feel like I have to have them... It's also important to note that I do know if you've read the rules and I will not reply unless I know that you have. Also, I may not reply if you send me a message that says you're interested but that does not outline what precisely you're interested in - I've given you all of my interests and whatnot here, so if you reply and tell me among those what you might want to do, then we can have a more solid, organized discussion on it.
- If you're interested in the ideas below, please PM me, do not reply here and ask me to contact you. I'm serious, guys, you have everything you need right here from me, so I'd like to hear from you and get your opinions/interests/ideas.
- I like my roleplays to have substance, and very rarely will I allow the focus to be romance (though I'm happy to include it as long as the development of it is realistic and not overly-planned) so much as plot.
- I try very hard to avoid adding canon characters to any fandom roleplay. They can appear on the side, or in mentioning, but please... I don't like to play them or see them played, as they aren't my character. There are very rare exceptions to this rule, and the idea behind it has to really interest me.
- I'm happy to include mature themes to the story (violence, namely), as long as it fits and is progressive to the story. When it comes to romance, I prefer it to be left with the lights off, if you catch my drift here. It can seriously cause problems with the advancement of the roleplay when the line is crossed.
- The first rule is so important that I'm going to mention it again - please, do not leave a message here telling me to contact you. I am more than okay with seeing a post that says you've messaged me, but please... I will not contact you if you just say "Interested. PM me."
- The title of your private message to me should be "My favourite TV Show/Movie is [insert here]" just so that I know you've read the rules. It's also a neat little ice-breaker. ;D If this rule is not followed, you will not receive a reply. I'm sorry, but it's how I know you've read the rules, at the very least - you can always resend the message with the title and of course I'll not hold it against you. ^^
- Grammar, syntax, spelling, etc. are all a must. I'm looking for a minimum of three paragraphs per post (solid paragraphs too - not two paragraphs + 1 line at the bottom), because I can only reply based on what I've been given. Nobody's perfect, mistakes happen, but I'd appreciate if you proof-read messages before hitting send... I know I slip up sometimes too, but things like repeated words and excessive commas and things are just minor pet peeves. Again, I'm not going to drop you just because you flub sometimes; I'm only asking you to try. ^^
- If you're going to be away for a few days or something, please... just tell me. Or if you're not interested, let me know. I won't get upset or mad at you, I completely understand these things, I'd just like a heads-up. If you lose interest, then I'd be happy to try and figure out how to fix it or to try a different roleplay, if you'd like. If you don't let me know that you're planning to drop or be away for a while, I do get a little bit irritated.
- This list is subject to change based on many variables and should not be understood as my only rules, or as a set-in-stone list of regulations, m'kay? I'm flexible and things change.
Things I will Roleplay:
Note: This list is very basic and it's not my list of pairings or anything, it's just a loose idea of my "do's" - it isn't exclusive and I might have forgotten some things... so if something else comes to mind, I'll add it - and if you suggest something, I might be very up to it.
- Anthropomorphic beings - I love the way they give a slightly different dynamic to the characters, including a sometimes more animalistic disposition or different strengths and whatnot.
- Original Characters in Fandom settings. Sometimes, there are places that are just too amazing to pass up.
- Werewolves - I'm aware that these guys vary greatly based on perception, so I'd be happy to discuss how the world we're playing in has them.
- Badasses - Oh, yeah, if you want me to, I'll play a Bruce Willy or a Liam Neesons! But that's just an archetype and I'm willing to play a whole lot of different kinds of characters... I just wanted to make a Key & Peele reference. :cool:
- Doubling - I will totally double-up on characters. And I think it's very important to have a lot of side characters in/out of the roleplay a lot. Even splitting up the main character(s) and playing a dynamic with other ones should happen now and then.
- While romance is not the base for this, dependent upon the character himself/herself, I am open to MxM, MxF, or FxF
- I can play either gender of character. I will not play transgender solely because I can't relate to how that feels and, as I've mentioned, genders and romance do not play pivotal roles in the stories I'm interested in writing. They're important to character development, but... just, yeah, you know. (You can be a guy playing a girl, girl playing a guy, or anything you want - as long as you're playing it well. ^^ I don't care what your gender is in relation to your character's.)
Things I will not Roleplay:
Note: See the note about what I will roleplay - this is the same deal.
- Human/Anthro pairings - I don't like to cross like that. If we're in a world with Anthros, then there are no humans and there never were - or if there were, they're now extinct.
- Vampires - Unless it's a really, really good idea, I'm just not into it... Sorry.
- Canon Characters - I know I've already said it, but I really don't feel comfortable playing a character that isn't mine.
- Only one pair of characters forever - I will not play the interaction between my character and yours forever... There needs to be splitting, branching, and things of that nature, m'kay?
General Settings/Themes that I Enjoy:
Note: I'm flexible here and open to new ideas. Some of the settings/genres listed below may not appeal to me at some point in time. Any indicated with an asterisk [ * ] are ones I'm currently craving or I'm almost always up for (unless I already have one in that situation going). Those listed in bold are very much appealing to me and if you want to do it, I would love it (ones that I always always always love - no matter how many are going at a time). I will not post my ideas for them here, as they might be a bit scattered in my head or I have several bouncing around, so if you message me with interest to one I will either give you my ideas or tell you that I don't really have any solid ones at the time and would like to hear any that you have. I will always contribute to the discussion as the steps to planning it progress... always, don't worry. This list is not exclusive, like the others, and I'm happy to try new things.
- Virtual Reality* (I have quite a few ideas floating about for this)
- Fantasy - Swordplay and the like.
- Steampunk (sometimes)
- Brothers-in-Arms* - This dynamic is always good and can appear in any setting.
- Deadly Sins/Virtues Incarnate*
- Murder Investigation
- Witness Protection*
- Mutation/Powers (no "superheroes" though)
- Beast Taming
Note: See "General Settings/Themes that I Enjoy" - the note is the same here.
- Sword Art Online*** (ALWAYS - I am exploding with ideas here)
- Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisngr, Inheritance)
- Harry Potter (sometimes)
- Hunger Games (must be done right and have a good idea driving it)
- Beyond: Two Souls (not typically, though, as it's very difficult to have a long-lasting idea on this one)
Disclaimer: It is very important to know that everything included in this Interest Check is not set-in-stone. I am very flexible when it comes to ideas and working together, so please don't let the lack of something being listed (or a rule or something) keep you from messaging/asking about something, okay? ^^ I also encourage any combining of the lists above (just no fandom-crossing, I don't like to do that much).