Welcome to the IS Academy!
We welcome you to the IS academy, where you'll be trained in the usage of the last generation system, the Infinite Stratos. But now you must be wondering, just what the hell is an Infinite Stratos, or IS for short, if that's so then you haven't read thoroughly you school manual, but things like this happen, so let me give you a short explanation.
Abbreviated as IS, the Infinite Stratos are powered exoskeletons, which were originally meant for out space exploration. Designed by Tabane Shinonono, they possess technology and combat capabilities far more advanced than any other weapon system, thus threatening to destabilize the world. Faced with such an overpowering weapon, the nations of the world enact the "Alaska Treaty", which states that IS will never be used for military combat and that existing IS technology must be equally distributed to all nations, to prevent any one nation for dominating the others. The introduction of the IS does however have a major effect on society. As IS can only be operated by women, the power balance between men and women is broken, with women coming to dominate society over men. It is composed by the following elements:
- Cores: The Black box of an IS that allows it to function. Because only 467 Cores were created, most of them are shared by the world's governments where only a few IS pilots, who work under certain organizations and large corporations, possess their own personal IS. The reason for having Designated Pilot and Personal IS lies with the very nature of IS itself; possessing self evolving mechanism which is manifested only when IS is kept paired with a pilot for a prolonged time. It is considered illegal to exchange or remove the cores, due to the fact the core is a mixture of an AI and a power source. Of the 467 cores created, 322 are used for actual combat and the remaining 145 are handed over to research facilities and enterprises of various countries.
- Energy Barrier/Absolute Defense: The Absolute Protection is activated by IS itself and not by pilot. If the attack is deemed by the IS as not life-threatening to cause serious injury to its pilot, IS would not activate Absolute Protection ability, even if it results in minor~moderate injury to its pilot. This ability is said to be able to protect the pilot from any kind of attack, but it also has seriously high power consumption, depleting the power of IS with just single activation (In that sense, it is more like pilot safety mechanism rather than combat defense mechanism). In competitions, the pilot is declared to have lost the fight if the shield level hits zero, so as to avoid any injury to the pilots.
- Mandatory unlock: When the IS is too damaged to continue battle, then it will shut itself down, returning to its 'Closed Form.'
- Preset: The weapons the IS already possesses, such as swords or rifles.
Another piece of information you should know: Only the Representative Candidates are allowed to have a custom IS.
That would be everything you need to know. But this time, I must inform you that three male students have also enrolled here. It is an unprecedented occurrence, as it was believed that only women were able to use the IS system. However, we shall not turn down any student in this academy. Please, make yourself comfortable and enjoy your time here in the IS Academy!
The IS Academy is built on an offshore island which can only be reached with a monorail connecting it to the mainland.There are plenty of trees and parks to tone down the metallic look. The buildings are designated in different places to differentiate their purpose, such as the dormitories being next to a small bridge with trees and a small river under it. Every classroom is equipped with a holographic blackboard and holographic desks, which show the student's name. A holographic strip surrounding the school is constantly broadcasting the actual weather, temperature, etc....... The academy also has an arena built in it, anyone with a custom IS can use it at any time, with the permission of a professor, of course. It also counts with dormitories in which the students live, each room has 2 single beds for roommates and a bathroom.
So much for the intro. :P
Okay, I'm gonna work a little more on this OOC and as so I am adding some rules:
- Respect other players if you want to be respected.
- No Godmodding.
- No Metagaming.
- No Mary Sue or Gary Stu characters.
- This time only 3 male spots will be opened, and all 3 of them are already occupied, so if you want to participate, you'll have to make a girl. With time, I may open more male slots, but this is not for sure.
- Any arguing must be taken to PM. Don't wanna flood the OOC with disputes, and in case of that, my word is final.
- I want some depth for the RP, so please, post at least 1 paragraph. I will allow the occasional one-liner, but don't get used to it.
- You can have a canon IS, but if that's the case, please, stick to canon.
- That being said, no canon characters are allowed. You can be a little brother/sister or any other kind of relative to Shinonono Tabane or Orimura Chifuyu, though.
- Your weapons are limited to 3, but these weapons can have different functions or power-ups. If you don't really know how to explain them, refer to this page or any other IS page on the wiki.
- Have Fun! Duh.
- Now, as proof that you've read the rules, just put Haru-chan at the end of your CS.
Appearance: (Preferred anime style, also, give a little written description.)
Year: (Which school year they are in. Year 1: 15-16. Year 2: 16-17. Year 3: 16-17.)
Representative Candidature: (Yes or no, state of which country. If you aren't then just put your nationality.)
Notable Quirks (Likes and Dislikes.):
Custom IS Sheet (Only for Representative Candidates and the male characters):
Appearance: (A written description is more than enough)
Name: (Get Creative!)
Closed Form: (How does it look like when you aren't using it? Can be any kind of accessory, earrings or bracelets, whatever you come up with!)
Weapons: (Up to 3 weapons, as stated in the rules, just give a good description on what they are and what they do, also, include any power up)
Battle Type: (Close range or Long range? Snipers or Machine guns? Support or Assault? Just to give some examples!)
Generation: (1st, 2nd or 3rd?)
Phase: (An IS generally has 3 phases, the standard one, the first one and the second one. Each one of them is more powerful than the last one. Right now, you can only have your IS up to First Phase, also, when IS changes phases, it stays like that.)
Tatiana Kratkoff, Russian RC. Played by Trent01
Rin Lumion, American Male. Played by Ryushura.
Thothix Lerro, Rumanian RC. Played by Hoef.
Vance Dodgeson, American Male. Played by Mtntopview.
Shinonono Haruna, Japanese, Sister to Shinonono Tabane. Played by Jelly Donut.
Your character will be put in here when he or she is accepted!