Ha ha. Nice. I sing in the shower, yesterday was Cinderella today is Alladin.
Well here is my take on everything here. Took me a while, but I think I got what was on my mind out.
1) Episode 5x17 - 99 Problems - This is the episode with the Whore of Babylon. It's important to the story in some sense, but not important in other senses. It was a filler episode, that led to a very important issue. I think we should combine it to the episode we're currently doing, have the issue that sends Dean over the edge be the baby.
-This episode to me wasn't necessarily bad. It had similarities to a filler episode. It didn't have much in the way of showcasing anything new to the plot when it came to Lucifer and Heaven, but like when the dead rose it was integral to one of the signs of the Apocalypse and like you said was part of Dean's collapse. I of course do love it when Castiel says “Whore." Honestly this doesn't really even need to be done. So many butterflies were thrown into the timeline that its possible they won't even run into the town or hell the Whore won't be arriving yet. The entire episode, may not be necessary since Dean is likely to be sent over the edge by something else anyway.
2) Episode 5x18 - Point of No Return - This is one of the single most important episodes of the show. It has to be played, to some extent. So, we should probably just do it. Dean goes off on his own, writes a suicide note, and Sam finds him. With Castiel's help, he drags his ass back to Bobby's house, and shit goes down.
-This really doesn't need to be a whole episode honestly. This can happen at anytime in the rp when Dean finds out about AB's baby. Hell he could end up trying to get it over with either during or before 99 problems.
3) Episode 5x19 - Hammer of the Gods - While I loved this episode, and I loved how it flowed, it was sort of a filler episode with a lot of beef behind it. Gabriel died in this episode, in a fateful showdown with Lucifer. So, that's important to keep...but the rest really isn't important.
-Don't even have to involve Gabriel's death. What was important was a way to convince Gabriel to get more involved in the actual Apocalypse. There was no other way for Gabriel to run into the Winchesters until he found out the gods wanted them dead. Without his involvement and character growth on his part Its possible he would have neve r gave the Winchesters the info to kill Lucy. I would keep Hammer of the Gods so that we could use them in Season 6. Make a few changes so that more Gods could be involved and some of them are smart enough to retreat from Lucifer so they could fight another day. I bet they would end up coming back when the mother of all monsters ends up escaping Purgatory. She could easily be a way for them to try and reclaim Earth from the Angels.
I'm getting ahead of myself here lol. We don't really need the whole episode, but we may need a way for Gabriel to get some character growth so he can end up helping everyone in the long run.
4) Episode 5x20 - The Devil You Know - Another filler that had some beef behind it, because of Brady, the guy that introduced Sam to Jessica. He ended up being a demon, blah blah, and Crowley kidnapped him to tell them where Pestilence was. Important? Yes. Needs two or three weeks of RPing? Absolutely not. Let's combine it with something else.
-Makes sense since I can tell you want to finish this up already.
5) Episode 5x21 - Two Minutes to Midnight - A very important episode. The boys battle it out with Pestilence, Bobby makes a deal with Crowley, getting his legs back and finding Death, and Dean meets with Death. Dean tells Sam that he is okay with him saying Yes to Lucifer, and we head into the season finale. This has to be played out.
6) Episode 5x22 - Swan Song - This will be the most painful episode to RP for me. I can't watch the episode...because it hurts too much. This will be the goodbyes to Sam. This will be Sam's last few moments on Earth. At the end...Sam's dead (technically). So, obviously this is pretty needed.
Now, let me discuss what I'm thinking for Season 6. I think we should venture away from the plot of season 6, while keeping the basic backbone. In other words, I want to take some of the extra crap that they threw in, out.
When we start Season 6, Dean won't be with Lisa and Ben. He will be with Mika and Cayson. The parts with Sam coming back soulless will play out the way they did in the show, basically. Some of the basics, like Dean becoming a vampire and stuff...gonna stay the same. We'll leave Samuel in. We'll leave the idea of what he's doing in, but it won't be as major of an arch..or we can make it a main arch. That's a collective decision.
A few things have to change to accommodate the baby, which I still think was a good idea.
-Well I can totally understand changing some things with Season 6 since the monster arc had so much potential, but it was wasted. I would rather wait until we get done with this Season so I can see how things turn out. Then when that happens I would see how at least the beginning of Season 6 would play out. Honestly this RP has tossed a wrench into the timeline enough that not everything has to go as planned at all. It would be boring as hell if we just added OC s , but we still end up doing the same old episodes.
Took me longer to get this post up than I thought I would. I've been trying to study the entire weekend for this damn midterm.
This person has managed to capture almost everything I loved about Mass Effect into a awesome Tribute video.
Take a look.
I neglected the RP today, until I got an email saying that you had replied
I agree with everything you have said. At this point, not everything we do has to be canon. I think it's better that way. Most people that do a SPN RP don't do canons for the reason that it's hard to deviate from the show's core, unless you know the show inside and out.
Since most of us here know the show better than our own story, it's possible to throw a few wrenches around, without ruining everything. The people who wanted the wrenches to stay out of the story, are gone, as it is. So, I think we should go with the flow, keep an eye on what episode we would be in, in the timeline, and just not have a set canon arc for Season 6, until we reach it in the timeline and discuss it in the OOC, like a normal RP lol.
On that note, let's have a baby and turn the apocalypse inside out, shall we?!