Alright, before you start reading them results, please keep in mind that the remarks are from my point of views and that it is as good as a reminder for me since I too sometimes make those mistakes. So don't take it too hard or too serious. And please, no eye rolling.. *chuckles*
Below is a rubric judging systems which I'd come up with. It may be the same as some other arena judges but with a slight different... I think..
In any case, brace yourselves.. *evil grin*
(Marks are given from Posts 91 to 107)
And I should've told you this earlier but all images on both characters are wiped clean from my mind as the RP changes mode into an Arena match.
(Just so that I could be a better judge and one of the reasons why I hadn't mention this is because, you'll remember to do so the next time, after reading this.. *chuckles* Cruel aren't I, I know... Every new battle we go into, it's necessary for us to ensure that our partner and the judge as well as the readers get an image of how our PC looks like..)
(This is based on how you did with describing your PC and stage as well as your observation on your opponent. Opponent observation = Keep in mind that this is my special point/training specialty -where you've to truly see what your opponent have- so it'll be different from most judging requirement and style of most fighters.)
The first post in an arena is usually the description of your character. To give your partner a grasp on how your PC looked like, to tell which hand is your master-hand/leg and the weapon brought in as well as how the stage looks like. Details are important here. Also, no preparation or attacks should be done in the first move aside than what is already stated. (just for your info.)
- I couldn't get a clear image from the first post aside from how she seemed to look like she's lost some weight. But I do like the fighting stance she took and it is delivered very nicely and I got the weapon she's using too.
- I'd left her attire vague for you to design it as you wish. Footwears or the way the hair is tied wasn't written as well.
- Down the next few posts, nothing much about your partner's PC is mentioned as well.
Score = 2/5
(Your posts aside from the intro should best be, defend/evade followed by a counter attack. Unless you're dazed from the hit then a counter may not work thus what you can do is retreat. Also, avoid going into grapple if you're not familiar with them. There are ways to make your opponent submit even when on ground. Example, MMA fights or wrestling. Strikes are usually delivered with the intent to force your opponent into taking the hit instead of having your partner willingly take it. -most arena fighters won't easily give away such points without an exchange or if it's too simple, especially in a tournament- Also, give your partner a rough idea why that strike is an issue for them. For example; "If the kick landed true, it'll probably fracture a couple of rib bones. Give an idea of how painful it might be.)
*Jaymz - Unfortunately, aside from the weapon in his hand and the stance that'd taken, there's nothing else that could boost you any higher than Lillian.
- It seems that both are concentrating more on character development (which is not an issue really) but neglected the arena "mojo" or the sorts. (which is the main target)
- But I do notice how you've described how her limbs might have looked like which if I remembered correctly wasn't as accurate according to Lillian's explaination in the OOC.
Score = 2/5
(I'm sure when come the next round, this score would definitely be much higer.)
(This one is based on how much damage you manage to land, the way it was executed and it's style.)
*Saidah - The berserker's kick/flare is my favorite. Nicely delivered.
-The other damage would be with her nails. Aside from that, there wasn't much being thrown out.
Score = 13/20
*Jaymz - There are a couple of hits landed with the axe there. Nice work.
- However, be careful with those grabs. A grab is considered to be an attack and is needed to wait for your partner's confirmation. They could still have a chance to get out of it, so do bear that in mind. I didn't point this out since Lillian made no comment on it at all and seems to rather enjoy it by going along with the flow.. *chuckles* In other words, without you realizing it, you've launched quite a few autohits/godmodding there. Given that it would go pretty well in an RP, the same could not be said in the arena, sadly.
- Remember that in an arena, no actions is confirmed just yet until the other responded. (therefore, look for those tenses in your post)
- And that hair pulling moves really made me chuckled by the way..
Score = 14/20
*Saidah - Aside from moving towards an attack and lessening the impact by doing so, there's not much defensive move made.
- Again, it may be due to your PC incapability but do show some signs for brace or the sorts. Exaggerate them if you must for it'll bring more excitement to the bout.
- I can relate to her berserk mode not needing to defend herself though.
- Nonetheless, there're some effort made towards the end.
Score = 14/20
*Jaymz - A couple of defensive moves made. The pulling of hair to avoid her bites being one of them.
-The other would be the last minute twist so you would fall on the sides rather than on the back. Nicely done.
Score = 16/20
(Here is where you focused on lessening the damage dealt. Preventing from suffering as much as you should've been by bracing for impact, bringing down the forearms or the sorts, using of weapons to block, etc.. Sometimes you could turn the table around after a defend and launch a counter-attack. Which might earn you some points in other areas. From a bigger picture, it goes hand in hand with evasion, depending on how your partner comes at you. It is sometimes necessary to prolong the fight and keep it going a little longer as you work in getting more points.)
*Saidah - Here's where I'm having trouble with. No matter how many times I read over, there seemed to be no clear evasion ever being attempted.
- Again, I could relate with her berserk mode having no need to do so though.
- But that flare was somewhat an evasive manouver in my opinion.
Score = 11/20
*Jaymz - There's a dodge made after Lillian's first strike followed by a counter. Nicely done and delivered.
- Other than that, there's no other noticeable ones.
Score = 13/20
(It's not necessarily for one to take every hit that comes your way in order to make the fight interesting. Dodge however way you can if it's logical. Stumble if you must to stay in character or the sorts. It'll turn out entertaining if you knew how to play with it. Near misses always gives the thrill to readers. Also, as mentioned in the defensive section, this too could provide a counter-attack as well as works hand in hand defensively.)
- Noticeable strategy from the first strike. An attempt at playing hit and run.
- Then a switch in her approach as he entered berserk mode. Nicely done.
Score = 9/15
- Your counters work pretty well to adapt to the situation.
- then it turned defensive.
Score = 10/15
(Different people reacts differently to the same strike. Study the opponent's character and recognize which category they're in. Will they be the aggressor or will they be defensive. Test them out by swinging or thrusting but be ready to leap out of the way. Be the opposite of their nature but keep in mind to alter your approach. It might take them off guard.)
(This is my favorite department. Study what's on your opponent. The type of clothes, accessories and their weapons. Clothes could help you achieve a successful grabbing moves, accessories like chain could be used against them and their weapons might be useful for you to use as well. Then comes the arena ground. Sands can be kicked, walls to aid you, pillars, potholes and the sorts.. There're also other elements that may be used and the most resourceful one is your PC themselves. Acrobats, some unexpected bulling or somewhat like such.)
*Saidah - You scored big with that sudden change of her mode.
- Her change in her form of attack, wild and aggressive but not entirely without elegance is interesting.
Score = 13/15
*Jaymz - Your use of the axe is good. The intention of wanting to land a hit but not wanting to hurt her (sort of) gives you some points here.
Score = 9/15
*Saidah - One word; perfect.
Score = 5/5
*Jaymz - The same can be said with you.
Score = 5/5
(This here is pretty obvious. Stay in-character. I find this easy to score with talented RPers compared to some arena-based RPers..)
*Saidah = 67/100
*Jaymz = 69/100
Very close match that was. I hope what was commented is somewhat helpful and clear rather than confusing. Feel free to provide me with feedbacks on whether the system helps you understand where your strength and weaknesses are. Also, if there's any comments or questions for me, don't hesitate to just ask and I shall do my best to answer or reply to.