War and Romance, Need Females!
Greetings! If you're reading this, then you must be slightly interested in some good ole war RPs, along with some spicy conflict romance tossed in. So, let's get down to brass tacks, shall we?
Rules and Shit!
1. Alrighty, so as far as you and writing, I don't really care. As long as I can read it, and your post keeps my interest, that's all I'm looking for. You can write 6 paragraphs, or 2, I don't really give two shits! I'll just adapt to whatever you use. I don't think I'm exactly an expert RPer, so I don't expect you to be some sort of William Shakespeare.
2. As far as violence and foul language, go crazy. Sex and whatnot though, will usually result in a classy "fade to black". Every time I've done a sex scene, it is simply tasteless and awkward, so I'm pretty much off the whole deal.
3. If you reply within 5 days, all is well. It typically takes me about 1-3 days to get back to you, so don't get heartbroken if I don't reply within an hour. If you're not interested in the RP anymore, please, for the love of god, tell me, and I will be the happiest man alive. I hate role playing with someone who would feel bad for leaving.
4. I'd like to double up, probably both a male and female, but I would focus more on the male character. I would appreciate it if you did the same, or we could just use one character each, in which case I would be the male.
5. We shall post via PM, because I said so.
That's basically it. Onwards!
Ideas n' Piss!
Here's what I'm looking for in an RP right now.
War and Romance: Yeah, self explanatory. I feel like this is a very unexplored genre as far as roleplaying goes, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. Either way, I feel like this could be very interesting.
Modern: I'd like the RP to take place any time after WW2. Fighting fascists is overdone, and women weren't allowed anywhere near guns during this time period, so that shoots down romance, unless the male gets his ass shot and ends up in a hospital. Anything futuristic is automatically out. Call me a Luddite, but technology just isn't my thing.
Location, Location, Location: I'd like the war to be non-fictional, but I'd be willing to do fiction if you bring up a really good idea. Vietnam Conflict, Sierra Leone Civil War, Somali Civil War, really any war you can think of. I'm not expecting you to be a history buff on any of these, but at least know the basics.
Characters: This is the part that will really make the RP. I'd really like to include private military contractors, because who doesn't like badass mercenaries? Regular soldiers are alright, although it could get pretty boring, with them being bossed around 24/7. War correspondents could easily be thrown in. Militia soldiers, civilians, arms dealers, the list goes on! I'd love to play a scenario that is similar to the film Blood Diamond too. I don't really care if your character is a little overpowered, as long as you don't overdo it too much.
So that's it I think! PM me if you're interested, and we'll brainstorm!