Warning! Read the whole post!
Hello all, I'm looking for some active role-play partners. I'm hoping to find some friends and role-plays that really help me distress after a day of work, as it would be awesome to find someone to talk to outside of the role-play as well. A little about myself first though; I've been a role-player since roughly 2001, having role-played on a game called Neverwinter Nights (2001-2009) and just became really active on these forums lately as my outlet for role-play. I'm a pretty active player on the forums as well.
So, onto the actual preferences, eh?
• I'm a high-causal / advanced writer and I'm most comfortable with a partner that's able to write 2-3 paragraphs or more on a regular basis..
• I'm a huge sucker for [medieval] fantasy settings, and mostly (I could be convinced otherwise, but you'd need to make a very good argument) enjoy custom worlds instead of trying to fit characters into Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter, or any other fandom.
• I almost always (98%) play female characters with a tendency to be attracted to the same sex (FxF romances mostly) and are often socially & romantically submissive. This is just a persona I'm most comfortable with.
• I also love epic plots that involve things not of the normal world, like summoning demons, fighting dragons, tearing down a plot made by gods, etc. and twists give you tons of extra bonus points! Love me some plot twists.
• I more often enjoy playing the role of the player, with my partner coming up with major plot ideas or twists, but I'm not against adding to the scene and/or lore.
• If you're not committed to long-term, don't even bother. Tell me if things get boring so we can discuss it.
• I enjoy all adult themes and in-fact expect them, within reason. I'm not a huge gore person or anything and shy a little away from darker themes (as an entire setting, a few areas are okay - like if the characters went to hell or something). I like heroics and romance, so having a setting that's based around gore or darker themes is a bit of a turn off.
• Concerning romance, aside from what you've already read, I'd like to stay away from romance-only plots. I'm all for romance and erotic role-play, but there has to be something else to go with it, namely adventure!
• Please, only mature role-players. I really don't want to go through characters that act like anime characters or people that shy away from adult situations. No offense.
• I also prefer at least one post per day, if at all possible (barring real life situations).
• Sadly I feel like I need to do this. Tell me your favorite color so it's easier for me to recognize you've read this instead of questioning you.
• I'm usually on from about 5:00 PM (-7 GMT / Mountain Time) to around 11:30 PM on weekdays and anywhere from 10:00 AM to 12:00 Midnight on weekends (barring homework).
With all that out of the way ... I'm really crossing my fingers that someone will PM me (only, so I know you read this) about wanting to get with me and write a story together! Though I enjoy being a player more than a GM, I can come up with additional elements, for sure. ^^
I only have a few right now with no real plot yet. However, you're more than free to suggest plots or ideas!
In a setting where there's either a lot or a few dragons, a woman has somehow acquired the reincarnated soul of a dragon, giving her powers of [insert element]. In this setting, there are dragon riders, special humans that are able to bound with one specific dragon and your character would be one of these humans (or elves, or whatever). The two bond the moment they meet, but the intense feelings are confusing at best and worrisome at worst for the two, causing both intimacy and friction as they travel together and try to figure it all out. Note: My character isn't likely to voice the connection, as it's odd, but will admit to it when confronted. The most fun as been with neither would admit to it right away - verbally anyways.
Very basic outline of an idea where two women from college end up falling for each other. This can be anything from the supportive sister-like roommate that finds herself falling for my character after some event to a hardened, almost rude popular girl trying to fight her feelings for my girl. Just as long as it's interesting. I'd probably play a book worm who's taking a major in creative writing.
... or we can try our hand at a wizard's college / school too! Probably still play a more introverted, shy type though.