- Users are never permitted to bash, flame or troll anyone in the contest area. EVER! Anyone who does so will quickly have their posts moderated, and may even be banned from WOTM, if not all contests on RPGuild.
- Users are welcome to ask questions about the theme for that week in the Guidelines thread.
- Users will follow the guidelines posted in the thread, and will submit their entry, via PM, to the WOTM account.
- The title of that PM should be: WOTM (Contest #): Casual/Advanced. (Examples: WOTM #13: Casual / WOTM #9: Advanced)
- Submission PMs should include title, entry, components used and a mention that you understand the rules on comments. (Opting In or Opting Out.)
- Some entries may be rejected because they do not fit the guidelines. Users who submit a rejected entry will be contacted immediately, and will be able to resubmit their entry for the contest, as long as it isn't before the monthly deadline.
- Users may be encouraged to move their entry into a different heading (Casual/Advanced) if they meet the requirements. This is done to keep things fair and balanced for all users involved.
- All submissions for WOTM should be written specifically for the contest and not something you have done in the past.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. If plagiarism is proven, you will be reported to RPGuild Moderators, disqualified publicly, and banned from future WOTM contests.
- If you are temp-banned during the submission or voting process of a month's contest, your entry will not be accepted, and will be disqualified. However, you are free to participate in future contests.
- Permabans, or people proved to have second accounts dodging a ban, will be reported to Moderators and banned from all future WOTM contests.
- If a submission has been approved for the voting process users may not submit again. Furthermore, users may only submit one submission per WOTM contest.
- Users may apply any text formatting and type-faces to their entries they wish.
- The entries will be displayed anonymously for the Voting Thread, and the Poll itself will be public, to ensure fair voting and lack of bias. Users are not allowed to tell others which entry is their own, or else they will be disqualified.
- Soliciting votes will get you disqualified. Period. Encouraging members to vote is one thing, encouraging them to vote for you will get you reported to moderation and possibly banned from future WOTM contests.
- The Voting Thread will be public. If any duplicate accounts are found and used to vote on entries, the effected user will be instantly disqualified, and a ban may be issued.
- Comments on the entries are welcome, but insults or derogatory remarks will not be tolerated, and will be removed. Users to post such comments may be reported to moderation.
- Participants may choose to opt out of comments. Those participants that do will have their entry flagged as “Non Comment” and any comments made about said entries will be quickly removed. (Both positive and negative in nature.)
- “Non Comment” submissions will be flagged as followsEntry Here
- Participants who do not opt out of comments are subject to any comments made by others unless those comments are posted with intent to insult/flame/etc. (In which case a WOTM Manager should quickly be contacted.)
After the Voting:
- Once the winner is announced, the creators of the other entries may then choose to reveal themselves with responses to comments left by other users.
- Participants may not reveal themselves until a WOTM Staff Member has announced the winners.
- Announced Winners of WOTM should PM Contra Fates in order to claim their reward. Rewards as Follows:
- Winning submission is showcased in the 'Hall of Fame' thread.
- Winner will receive a custom/colored/animated usertitle of their choosing.
- In the event of a tie, WOTM Managers will discuss in private what to do. Users should wait for their decision in the meantime.