Warning: If you abide by philosophy of "TL;DR", don't bother here. :] Also, please be at least somewhat Marvel/X-Men Savvy. And I don't mean what you've seen in the movies.
Co-Story Writer: The Xtreme One
There's a place in the world called Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters. It's in New York. But, it's not a Prep School like many think it to be. Xavier's Academy is home to hundreds of young mutants from all over North America and other continents as well. The place is owned and run by renowned Professor, Charles Xavier. He's the Head Master. But he's not the only adult there. Ororo Munroe was his intended successor. Then you have Doctor Jean Summers and her husband, Scott Summers. Then there was Logan. There were several others as well, some who were Professors, some were just tenants and X-Men, and some worked as Aides to the Professors or around the Academy. Among them were Katherine Pryde, Bobby Drake, Peter Rasputin, Warren Worthington III, Henry McCoy, Remy LeBeau, Lorna Dane, Anna Marie, Kurt Wagner, Laura Kinney, Thriinaendor*, Esteban del Rosario*, Melina del Rosario*, and a young Jubilation Lee. Now, you may be asking yourself "You mentioned some of them being X-Men...What the holy hell is that?" Well. The X-Men is a special ops team of mutants directed by Professor Xavier who's mission is to maintain the peace between mutants and humans while keeping them safe. No, they aren't the type of Superhero team to step in and stop a bank robbery. Unless maybe the criminal is mutant. They try their best to help humans see mutants in a different, better light.
Then...you have their counterpart: The Brotherhood of Mutants. The group was originally nothing short of terrorists. They were mutants who wanted to do nothing more than spend their time subjugating humans to the will of mutants, attempting to forcibly awaken human X-Genes, or simply killing humans. They were formed by Eric Lensherr and soon grew over time in numbers. Among them now are Wanda Maximoff and her twin brother Pietro Maximoff - Also known as The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. They are both the children of Eric Lensherr, the half-siblings of Lorna Dane. Then there's John Allerdyce - They call him Pyro. He's a former student of the Xavier Institute and also Bobby's best friend. But insanely jealous of his friend. You can't forget Callisto, James Madrox, Roger Quark, Cain Marko, Mystique, Frederick Dukes, Mortimer Toynbee, Jason Wyngarde, Angelo Unuscione, Lani Ubana, Telford Porter, and Peter Quinn. As time went on, the Brotherhood seemed to focus a lot more on political movements, attempting to take down and sometimes even succeeding in 'taking care of' anti-mutant figureheads. Their members are all mutants who are either victims of anti-mutant abuse suffered at the hands of humans or mutants who just don't like humans because they view mutants as better in every way. Peace is not an option to them. Humans must go by one way or another.
For the past few years things have been the same as always: Life goes on at the Xavier Estate with about twenty new students every few months, the X-Men take care of business, the Brotherhood try their best to make life hell for the humans, the X-Men thwart many of their plans. It's a vicious circle. The year is now 2012. And so much has changed.
Professor Charles Xavier and his wife, Moira Xavier passed away in the year 2005. His funeral was one of the largest that the world had seen. Mutants and humans from all over came out of the woodwork to pay their respects to the man and his wife. It was no secret that he had touched so many lives. Even his brother Cain showed up - He didn't even have a temper that day. Eric Lensherr had shown up, of course. Only to pay respect to Charles - He never liked Moira and always thought that if it hadn't been for her, he and Charles would be on the same side of 'The War'. A statue was erected at the front in his honor and Ororo took over as Head Mistress. Some of the X-Men and Professors left. Others remained. Jean had died back in 2000, the Phoenix dying along with her. Esteban and Melina del Rosario were killed in 2011 on a mission with a vigilante/mercenary mutant group. Many had children. Most of them were attending college. A lot of them had just above average intelligence; They did have the benefit of being raised in a place of learning, after all. Ororo had a daughter that was now grown, having married her long time love, T'Challa - Among the others with children were Remy LeBeau who had a child as a result of a one-night-stand with Professor Delgado - Afterwards, the two got married. Scott raised a child as well, trying his best to make up for Jean's absence in the child's life. Logan never had any children, but he did have his own progeny. A young girl that he had raised since she was twelve. Lorna Dane married her long time crush, Alexander Summers and they had a child. Anna Marie and Bobby Drake got married and had a child - But they moved away from the Xavier Institute and left the country in an attempt to lead a normal life. Jubilation Lee and Peter Rasputin ended up having a child together a few years before getting married and they stuck around to raise their offspring. Kurt wanted a child...But he feared that the child would come out looking like his family - Demonic. He feared the worst for the child and remained single for some time. But he eventually married his long time love, Wanda Maximoff. And they had a son. Katherine Pryde and Warren Worthington ended up having a child - But their child was younger than the others. Even Doctor McCoy decided to leave behind a legacy before his death, having married his long time love, Mystique, helping her to raise her other child as well.
The Brotherhood? Well - A lot of things happened there that lead to the events of now. Just like the X-Men, their members had children. As in accordance with their disposition, they only had children with mutant partners. So it was very rare for a human child to turn up. John Allerdyce's first child was a human - He remembered that Doctor Grey had once said that the X-Gene was most often awakened during times of intense emotion, stress, or trauma. He was a twisted young man who secretly tortured and abused his child in an attempt to awaken their X-Gene. Needless to say, he did. The child had the ability to inflict pain without touching anyone. But from the abuse, her mind was twisted. She killed her father and in her insanity, she committed suicide. Wanda also had a child - A young man by name of Markus. He ran away at a young age to live at the Xavier Institute with his cousin who was the child of Pietro and Callisto, raised by his father. Eric was upset that not a single one of his grandchildren shared his vision, hoping that the group he founded would one day be under their control. Mystique had even left his side to be with Hank, taking their son with her after she told him that she was tired of living life fighting all the time. She saw that the mutant x human relations were steady and said she wouldn't live in the dark anymore. With the loss of his grandchildren, child, and love, Eric remained solitary for years. He spoke to no-one. Not his kids and not his dearest of friends. There was arguing that rose up within the Brotherhood and the group split in two. The two separate groups often clashed - One group lead by Angelo was determined to exterminate the humans. The other was lead by Wanda and Pietro. They were moreso for subjugating humans and enslaving them if they couldn't turn them. Over the years, stress and tension rose...Until it was almost too much.
It was two years ago when all of the children returned to Xavier's Institute - At least the ones who hadn't been there. Some had finished college. Some had dropped out. Some didn't even go to college and just had their own agenda. But their parents were getting old and it was time for them to retire. It was time for the kids to take over. Everything was steady as far as the relations between humans and mutants. Until IT happened. A group calling themselves The Pure Ones had found where Eric was hiding out the rest of his days, having locked onto his location after spotting him at Charles' funeral only a few years prior. They had invested a good amount of time to deciding how he should be killed. Finally, they decided that he was old. In his eighties, nearly. He had given up on life and was as depressed as they came. He wouldn't put up a fight. Taking that risk...they approached. He did wrestle within himself, debating whether he'd fight back or not. By the time he decided he wasn't going to go out like a bitch, an arrow was already driven through his skull; His reflexes just weren't what they once were. But that wasn't the end. In the dead of the night on August 26th, 2012, they mounted Eric and two other mutants onto giant wooden crosses and set them up outside the gates of Xavier's Institute with REPENT written in blood across their foreheads and bible verses across their torsos. Wanda saw it on the news and rushed with her brother to the scene of the crime with the intention of killing each and every human in sight, but was stopped and captured by the X-Men who took her beyond the gates and insisted that they act rationally. Wanda had all but lost her mind at that point and lost it even further to see her child smiling and hanging out with the students as though nothing was wrong. Her grip on reality was all but lost at that point. Wanda was an exceptionally powerful mutant who could even manipulate reality - And that's what she did. She created her own perfect world: Mutants ruled over humans and her family was whole. The X-Men were even close friends of her. Members of the Brotherhood now, even. But there was Logan and his progeny. They knew better. Thanks to Tarot's mutation, they were able to realize what was going on. They went to Wanda and begged of her to make the world right. After hours of an intense conversation, they got Wanda to see just what she was doing. To see the light. See what she was doing wasn't natural. She cursed her father for giving her such a state of mind and decided that the world would just be better off without mutants. But such a big warp right after another wasn't bound to go well. Everything seemed to go back to normal...Nobody remembered what had happened. Hell. They didn't even know it had happened. But there was something wrong. Mutants all across the globe had lost their mutations. They were humans now. Again, for some. Wanda died during the warp. Among those with lost mutations was Quicksilver, Polaris, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, Northstar, Dazzler, Storm, Toad. Many more. The world once held hundreds of thousands of mutants. But now? There were only 201 mutants left. Exactly.
It's now September 13th, 2012.
So much has happened after mutants across the globe were depowered. Many humans rejoiced - Some (ex)mutants began searching for a way to regain their mutations while others took it as a blessing in disguise and have been integrating themselves into a normal human life. The remaining mutants? They were hunted. All across the globe, the hunt to find the rest of the mutants began. Religious extremists took 'The Great Purge' as a sign from God and sought to finish his work, joining The Pure Ones. Another group formed as well, calling themselves The Sapien League. They weren't religious fanatics, but simply humans who didn't want mutants around. As a result, mutants from all across the globe reacted in a few ways. Some immediately fled to Xavier's for shelter. Others went into hiding. Others...They did what Magneto would love of them to do. They fought back and took as many human lives as they could. Senator Robert Kelly of Massachusetts approached the U.S. Senate began to push for a bill: Mutant Affairs Control Act that would require mutants to disclose their identities and powers to the government, and work for the government while being labeled as Weapons of Mass Destruction among other things that clearly violated every bit of privacy that they had. It wasn't the first time he had tried for it - The first couple of times, it had been rejected as unconstitutional. But now, with mutant attacks growing more vicious, he has high hopes that it will go through. Even if the bill was rejected again, he was secretly working on Project: Wideawake - A covert operation where mutant-hunting Sentinel robots were being created.
Our story will begin with the first day of school. Barely two weeks after M-Day. All of the remaining mutants who aren't out terrorizing humans and doling out vigilante justice or hiding have arrived at Xavier's Institute and are beginning to settle in. There's to be a meeting to discuss the issues at hand. The Head Mistress will introduce herself, the staff, and the X-Men and welcome all of the new students and tenants. From there? The IC will decide...
Professor slots have officially been closed for now, as of 9:41AM, 10/17/2012. They will re-open in the next chapter of the story. All characters now are to be Students old or new. Or they can be adult refugees.
Which Canons Still Have Mutations?
Cataleia del Rosario
- Professionalism. This RP is intended for those who are able to make and bring a good story to an end, as such we expect each player to have a certain level of professionalism, present original and interesting characters, contribute to the story and not drop-out without even notifying.
- No more Canon Offsprings are to be created nor characters with relations to them.
- The decisions taken throughout the story will influence and affect the world around our characters. Every major choice has a consequence and will count towards the different endings.
- This RP is intended to be somewhere around 17+ as such romance, gore and tasteful "adult" situations are accepted. Lust is expected, just make sure if you want to engage into detail with the scene, then take that to the PMs. Blood, gore and violence is allowed at just about any levels as long as you don't exagerate. Strong language is also allowed but again, don't overkill.
- Stay civil on the OoC thread - All personal spats should be taken to PMs.
- No metagaming, mixing, auto-hitting, or godmoding. Its unattractive. If you want to autohit someone's character, ask permission first. Also, don't carry out battles through the IC like normal posts. Do a collaboration.
- Keep IC posts detailed - At least try to maintain 2+ paragraphs of detail with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Try to refrain from multiple short sentences containing six or less words. Also make sure to read everyone's posts and reply in accordance to whatever may pertain to your character. Also: When posting, don't post a bunch of meaningless BS just to take up word space.
- Don't post multiple times within a small time frame for dialogue - Collaborate with the other player(s) in RPG Write and post the Character Interaction as one post. This is not a race to see who can post before everyone else, so I suggest that there should be at least one post from each other Player between your last post and your next.
- Be active both In Character and Out of Character. I understand that you've got a life behind your screen to attend to and shit happens. But I seek active players. Don't apply to this RolePlay if you won't be able to keep committed to it. If you think that you might get 1/3 into the story and then lose interest, don't apply. If you're going to be gone for 4+ days, let someone know beforehand - I suggest that in the case of your extended absence, you should designate another player that you think would do well to play your character until your return. If you suddenly lose interest, don't just dip out and leave your character here. Kill them off or send them away via IC.
- Please try to be original and creative when making your character and don't make a Mary-Sue or a Gary-Stu. Your characters have to have some sort of flaws; Be it emotional, physical, mental, or psychological.
- I will allow the use for reservations. Be warned, reservations will only last for 48 hours. That should be sufficient time for you to think of your character and find the necessary information you need. If you need more time, do not hesitate to ask for it. Also note that I have the power to reduce the time if I see fit. I usually do not allow reservations, but for now I will make an exception. There are limited spots so this is not a first come first serve. Just because a spot is reserved doesn’t necessarily mean that someone else cannot ask for that spot and it does not mean guaranteed acceptance. I know this might seem like it cancels out a reserved spot, but it does not. I will allow two people to reserve one spot. It’ll be like a battle for the spot. Characters will be accepted depending on how detailed they are and if they followed the rules.
- I am God of this Role-play as this Role-play is my child. I am not a wrathful God, but I do not take kindly to those who usurp my throne. Please, let’s keep everything civilized and just have fun. If you would like to be my co-gm, then please do not hesitate to PM me. I could always use someone to help me manage this role-play and move it along.
- I intend this RolePlay to be as close to Marvel as possible. So, feel free to give your character awesome powers - Though I will limit the amount of 'OverPowered' characters. When all the characters are all powerful, things get dull because things become nothing more than a power contest. I warn you now - If your character begins to get out of hand because of your inability to adapt them to the proper setting for the RolePlay to flourish, I hold the right to kill them off. As I stated before - I am God of this RolePlay. I am kind and fair. But I will not allow the story to be wrecked by immaturity.
- Your character doesn't have to be a total effin' powerhouse. You know what I mean. I don't want every power to be offensive. The best offense is a good defense, ya know?
- Try not to choose the same mutation as others. I'll allow a maximum (for now) of two same mutations.
- I don't want every or even most of the others (Students and Refugees) to have complete mastery. Part of those characters' development is learning to master their power.
- In your character sheet where the spot for password is, in capital letters, put Adonis if you have read the rules.
Code:[img]Insert Character Image Here. Feel free to use realistic art or celebrity images. No anime. :l[/img] "Character quote here." [Font=Algerian][size=5]Basic Information[/font][/size] [b]Full Name[/b] First. Middle. Last. [b]Nicknames[/b] This is quite self-explanatory. Seriously, though, no more than 10. [b]Mutant Alias[/b] A codename relating to their mutation. [b]Gender[/b] Male, female, hermaphrodite, or genderless? [b]Birthday and Age[/b] A specific year was given, so you should be able to use basic mathematics to figure this one out. In case not: 2012 minus your character's age equals the year they were born. Add a month and a day, and you're good to go. **Students Old/New: 8-19** **Adult Refugee/Estate Staff: 19+** [b]Years Spent at the Xavier's[/b] Simple - How long have they been attending? [b]Ethnicity[/b] Do I seriously need to explain this? [b]Occupation[/b] Are they a student or a Professor? And what do they teach? If they're a student, do they have some sort of job that they are charged with? Maybe helping with the groceries? Or helping with the kitchen work? Or is your character an X-Man? What do they specialize in on the Team? Or is your character a refugee? [Font=Algerian][size=5]Aesthetic Information and the Suchlike[/font][/size] [b]Physical Appearance[/b] For this, I'm asking a well-worded description of your character that will include their height, weight, hair appearance, eye color, body build, skin color, and anything extra. Scars, tattoos, piercings, tails, horns, etc. Paragraph minimum. [b]Voice Tone[/b] What do their voices sound like? Accents? Lisps? Drawls? Feel free to link a voice (Youtube<3) [font=Algerian][size=5]Personal Information[/font][/size] [b]Personality[/b] Let's get inside the mind of your character and see how they think. What's their initial disposition? What makes them tick? What do they like? Are they scared of something...or someone? I want detail here! How do they feel towards certain characters? [b]Sexual Orientation[/b] If I have to explain this, you shouldn't be here >_>; [b]Marital Status[/b] ForeverAlone.jpg? Married With Kids? Doin' it up like Barney Stinson? Do boys still have cooties? Feel free to collaborate with others. [b]Likes[/b] What or who in particular does your character like and why? Be descriptive. Give at least 4. [b]Dislikes[/b] What or who in particular does your character dislike and why? Be descriptive. Give at least 4. [b]Habits[/b] What habits do they have? Where'd it come from? Is it good or bad? We want to know! Give at least 3. [b]Flaws/Disabilities[/b] I don't want every character to be a wrist-cutting orphan who grew up at the hands of abuse. I don't want a bunch of weenies :l But, think of how mutants are treated. They are pariahs nearly everywhere they turn. Even if they put up a tough front and a smile, it has some sort of emotional/psychological effect on them. Maybe they have other disabilities they were born with as well. What are they? Give at least 1. [b]Fashion[/b] What is your character's usual apparel? Gucci? Armani? Louis Vitton? Kmart? Salvation Army? [font=Algerian][size=5]Classified Documents[/font][/size] [b]Relatives[/b] Both biological and extended family. Please indicate which is which. Kthx. [b]Mutation[/b] What extraordinary gift has the X-Gene granted your character? What does it allow them to do? (If your character has yet to master their mutation, you can bold, underline, or put an asterisk next to what you wish their potential to be. Kthx) [b]Weaknesses[/b] Every character has a weakness - Even if it's just one or two. And I don't want that bullshit emotional/psychological weaknesses. What are their physical weaknesses? Mental? Emotional? Academic? Domestic? Give at least 5. [b]Equipment[/b] What weapons do they have? Items of sentimental value? Some kind of armor? Vehicles? [b]Skills[/b] This ranges from combat to domestic and academic skills. What classes do they excel in? Do they have any talents besides their mutation? Give at least 3. [b]History[/b] I'm looking for quality detail here. Where did your character come from, what was their life like before they came to Xavier's? When did they discover their mutation? What or who lead them to where they are now? What was it that made them who they are now? 2 Paragraph minimum. [b]Other[/b] Any quirks or random factoids? [b]Theme Song[/b] Optional, not obligatory. [Hider=Post Example]You can make a post using the character you've submitted or you can link to a previous post. Just show me that you can do justice to your role and contribute to the RolePlay.[/Hider]
Took place in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Was the aftermath of an extreme civil war.
Most superheroes were murdered, locked up, or went into hiding.
No mention of Wanda or her 'incident'.
X-Men: Calm Before the Storm
Takes place at 1407 Graymalkin Lane, Westchester New York.
The Civil War is brewing, but not yet taken place. The only major event that has occurred is M-Day.
The Avengers, Spiderman, The Fantastic Four, X-Men are all still intact whether with original members or a younger generation.
The plot is spin-off of the M-Day Arc.
Before you come and whine, claiming that I have to give you credit for "stealing" the idea of Mutant vs Human Civil War, the Superhero and Mutant Registration Act, and any powers that any characters created have - I'd like for you to show me proof that you work for Marvel or had any hand in helping Stan Lee and Jack Kirby come up with any of the ideas that you're claiming are your original ideas as well as proof that any single power and its use is all your idea and you've got patent on it. Oh...You can't? Then get to steppin' off my threads. ❤
I reserve the right to reject and accept any Character Sheet that I wish if I deem the character unfitting for the cast.