Hiya! My name is Bliss, and I'm looking for a new partner or two. It seems I can't turn my imagination off, so I might as well jot down the ideas while I have them.
A few things first;
- I consider myself an advanced player. I expect my partner to be on the same level. I'm not speaking in terms of length specifically - though I would appreciate a minimum of three or four paragraphs. I just ask that you proof read your posts. Quality trumps quantity, but I find that length and quality usually go hand in hand anyway.
- I enjoy exploring the eccentricities and details of a character's mind. Therefore, I expect character development to play a heavy part in posts.
- Please please please don't make me carry the story by myself. The best games I've been a part of were the ones where both writers contributed to the plot. Don't hesitate to throw in a twist here and there. I like surprises!
- I do have other obligations outside of this site, so expect a post or two a week from me. There will be days were I simply am not up to posting, as I've lost my muse or am just tired from the day. I just ask for my partner to be patient, as I will be for them. I will definitely let you know if I'm having issues with the schedule, and hope you'll have the same courtesy for me. Don't drop off the face of the earth without telling me.
- I have absolutely no problems with mature themes, and I do not fade to black. Anything goes, as long as its tasteful.
- In addition to that last point, I am a fan of romance. Although it doesn't have to necessarily be the basis of the story, it will most likely be one of the main driving factors. If that doesn't float your boat, I might not be the best partner for ya.
Okay, onto the good stuff! Here are some ideas I've been toying with. They're listed in descending order, and are totally open to tweaks and whatnot. I'll discuss specifics on these with my partners.
I've been really craving a mythological roleplay recently. I'd like for it to be along the lines of the relationship between Persephone and Hades, or Aphrodite and Ares or Hephaestus. If you have any other ideas in mind, I'd be glad to hear them. I have a tentative situation already set in mind for Persephone and Hades, wherein they would be placed in a modern setting. I would like it to be a kind of cat-and-mouse type game.
What if there was another World War II type event during which one of the characters snuck into the other's home seeking safety? This could be turned into a fantasy/sci-fi story, as long as its not too crazy; I want to keep it realistic and modern. I have a pretty loose storyline for this plot as well, but would gladly take suggestions since its just the framework.
Van Helsing type story?
I want to have this set in the 1800s, with one of the characters being the hunted while the other is the infamous hunter. Or else the two main characters would be hunting the same creature and would reluctantly have to team up in order to defeat it. The bigger picture would need fleshing, but I think it would be an interesting story to develop with a creative partner.
Alrighty, so if anyone's interested in any of the above, or even has a storyline they'd like to work out with me, kindly PM me or post in this thread with the desired scenario and a sample of your writing. As mentioned above, I'm only looking to take one, maybe two, of these on. In any case, thank you for your time. (: