A few years ago astronomers discovered that on a certain specific date in the future meteorites will hit the earth and destroy the surface of the world. The leaders of the world decided that they needed to come up with a plan to ensure the survival of the world, from shelters and to migrating to another planet only one plan managed to ensure humanity and that plan is 7 Seeds.
7 Seeds was a plan provided by the Japanese government. It was a plan too ludicrous at the time that very few people backed it up because it was made under the assumption that all other plans failed. This plan was made possibly by cryogenically freezing a certain number of people that in an essence would be like seeds being hibernated until the winter ends. The plan in itself was simple they'd choose five sets of 7 individuals and one guide then placed them into 5 teams named "Summer A, Summer B, Spring, Autumn, and Winter" that would be scattered around the sea of the country.
Once they've been chosen these young men and women would wake up to a brand new and dangerous world where survival is necessary.
Before I got into anything else I must and need to state that this is not an original idea, by which I mean the premise. This was created from the beautiful mind of Yumi Tamura, the original and only creator of the manga 7 Seeds.
There are certain things I need to clarify first to avoid misconception and the like.
1. The setting is in Japan and therefore the characters possess a Japanese name. The fact that their names are Japanese plays a great role because their names, among other things, is a deciding factor to which group they belong in. Simply put a character's name that is related to Spring is bound to be in the Spring group.
2. As stated above there are other things that decided how these individuals are chosen. These factors play a great role in to how the story begins and how the story progresses. These requirements vary therefore it will be inside this:
Teams Spring, Winter and Autumn follow these criteria for being a chosen individual:
1. All characters are Japanese.
2. They are PERFECTLY healthy and fertile individuals.
3. They excel in a certain field.
4. They are well experienced in a number of activities.
5. They are beautiful inside and out.
* If possible they are rich and have never felt discomfort.
* 7 Seeds is government and private project that was made with the money of the public and privately owned companies, because of the nature of the project nepotism can factor.
Summer A and B are special in a sense that they are different from the other three. Summer A was for the sole purpose that they'd go to the future and their members were born and raised in captivity for this very purpose. Summer B was group that contradicted all the others because they were made only under the health, fertility, beauty and name criteria, exceptional skills and talents were not taken into account.
The guides in each team also follow these criterions.
3. Since there are a total of five teams the RP can go into any direction, but the team to be played will be chosen by those involved. Therefore there will only be one and only one team in the story, which means theres only room for seven chosen individuals and one guide. In the same sense, much like the characters themselves all out of character decisions will be done by the members, from where in the story to start and what events will happen in the future.
4. There is no set goal other than Survival, but to assure the survival of humanity the government has decided to provide them with cache's that contains things needed to reestablish society. Namely they provided books, seeds, tools, raw materials, and just about anything they can provide to reaffirm their survival.
5. Majority of the world is new because of this drastic change the animals and plants have also changed. Which means we get to create these creatures. The only thing to remember here is that because of the same change in environment these animals are much different than those from the old world, some creatures can be very dangerous like flesh eating bugs, large snake like leeches, to gigantic fish like creatures in the sea, and even poisonous and carnivorous plants. Of course some animals can also be the same, not perfectly though, like small pig creatures with fur, turtles with a much different shape, horse creatures that don't run, and maybe even canines that have horns. Basically the beauty of shaping this new world and it's creatures is in our grasps.
6. Character development is key in this story and such the more realistic the better. The greatest display of character behavior is how they display their reaction to the realization that they are quite possibly the last living human beings on earth and that everyone they knew is now dead.
7. There's a reason I posted this Icheck in the blank Icheck area, this reason is because this story requires the advanced roleplayers skill level, but the casual roleplayers pace level. Basically the posts and poster have the advanced touch, but the casual level length (basicay two paragraphs at the least.).
*I'll edit some things in later if someone points it out, but I got the most necessary information out.
* I do hope this gets some devoted players and if possible they are open to the possibility of reading the manga in which this story originates from.