1. I'd love to see 5+ paragraphs each post with impeccable grammar and spelling but... I know that's not going to happen. So, aim for at least 2 big paragraphs per post with as few grammar and spelling errors as possible.
2. This is over Private Messaging, either the one on Roleplayer Guild or maybe AIM, but preferably Roleplayer Guild.
3. I have no limits in terms of maturity, gore, inappropriately sleazy content, etc. etc. Due to this, let me know what your limits are.
4. Work with me here! It takes two to tango. (: As long as we read eachother's replies and have a good idea of what's going on, this should not be an issue.
5. No godmoding, obviously. Perfect characters are boring.
6. Powerplaying! UGH, words can not express how much I detest this practice. Stick to your own characters unless it's been established we're sharing one.
Ideas (warning: none of these are exactly based in real life or really very original on their own merit)
The Murky, Tailed Waters: Mermaids are oftentimes seen in popular culture as beautiful siren-like creatures that lure men to their death, or as a Disney princess who disobeys her father. Really, the truth is somewhere in between. There is royalty, though they're often restricted by the immense amount of rules they're under. They can transform into a human form, but they can't stay a human for too long or they transform back automatically, making it a very dangerous hobby to have. Oftentimes, mermaids do lead humans to their death, just like how there are sadistic humans who kill small animals just for kicks.
When there's an usurpation in the government, more and more mermaids are being sent off to live on land, being given enchanted objects to help maintain their human form for much longer stretches of time. We would be exploring different cultural shock aspects and political themes.
Poor Little Cassandra Truth: Cassandra was gifted with the ability to see things - disturbing creatures, memories, ghosts, etc. She was also cursed with the fate of no one believing her. However, when she finally meets someone who believes her, her joy is stopped short when he is dragged down to the Underworld, accidentally dragging her down with. He reveals that he's a Grim Reaper, and he proposes a bet. Grim Reapers are supposed to have 'The Sight', yet he does not. If she can help get them out of the Underworld using her 'sight', then he'll have her knighted as a Grim Reaper. (Would prefer playing Cassandra, but am flexible to playing the Reaper)
Desert Kingdoms: There are two kingdoms, originally similar in culture, that were at war. Thousands died and the economies plummeted. The war came at such a cost that they came to a truce, the only thing the two kingdoms had ever agreed on. They were to be separated with a thick, high wall and never to have any contact between them. For one hundred years, this still held true. They had evolved into two very different kindgoms. One is mystical, most of its citizens relying on the magical arts and spiritual remedies for illnesses. They're more open-minded in some cases, but mostly conservative compared to the much hated kingdom on the other side of the wall. The other side was innovative and inventive in comparison, the medicine and the technology is more advanced. What will happen when a lowly messenger (my character) from the land of sorcery and a prince from the empire of technology become friends?
The Guardians Fell: Guardian Angels, even more so than all Angels, are supposed to be obedient to the Council's commands. The Council says to jump? The Guardians are supposed to ask how high. The Council says to let their assignments die in a freak accident? The Guardians are supposed to let the accident happen. Except they didn't. Out of some futile attachment to their charges, they decided to stop the accident from turning fatal. Now, they're forced to go rogue, hide among humans and never look back. Because if they let their guard down, for even a second, they'll be dragged back and tortured beyond their wildest nightmares. Meanwhile, they attempt to protect their former assignments from Angels trying to "clean up their mess".