What is this?
Here at WOTM, we've noticed a few things. Firstly, one contest's success depends mainly on how well the theme is received- and it seems some months we have a theme everyone loves and other times a theme everyone hates. Secondly, we hear people telling us that the Theme Suggestion thread isn't enough, and people still feel like they don't have enough of a voice in WOTM. They want their voice to be more powerful.
This new and currently experimental part of WOTM is here to fix both problems.
This thread will display three fully prepared themes from our list of themes to use, and you, the WOTM participants, are free to vote on which theme you prefer. Just read over the options and components, cast your vote, and the theme with the most votes will be used for next month's contest. Also, the poll is multi-choice, so if you like more than one theme, there's no need to feel torn. Just don't vote for all three, please.
Explained: A story in which sacrifice: Allegorical, metaphorical, and/or literal, is the main theme of the story in some form or fashion.
- The story is told in the form of a memory or flashback.
- The story does not involve romance.
- The story is told during a war or otherwise significant conflict.
- The story does not end with the death or injury of any character.
- The story is set in a science fiction universe.
Theme: Fantasy (genre).
Explained: A story or poem that contains elements of fantasy and fits under the fantasy genre.
- The story includes fantasy elements in modern-day times.
- Magic is seen in a negative light.
- The protagonist is non-human.
- The story subverts traditional fantasy roles, in one manner or another. (IE: Princess rescues dragon from evil knight.)
- The story includes a unique race of the author's creation.
Theme: The Seven Deadly Sins.
Explained: A story in which the main theme is an allegorical, metaphorical, and/or literal representation and/or embodiment of, one of the seven deadly sins.
- The protagonist is corrupted by, and/or is a victim of, one of the sins.
- One or more of the seven deadly sins are made manifest--They exist in physical form.
- The story is told from the perspective of the antagonist.
- The story ends on a happy note.
- Genre Change: Portray the story in a fantasy universe.
- Role Reversal: Demons, Demoness, Devils, Imps and otherwise hellish creatures are "good guys", angels, archangels, God(s) and otherwise heavenly creatures are "evil."
This thread will be left open for users to comment with any thoughts on the themes or the nature of this new feature itself. Vote away, and, if all goes well, you can expect to see this as a regular WOTM feature! Happy voting!