Justice League: The Other Side
In Character | Out of Character | Characters
Recruitment Status: CLOSED
It was the death heard round the world. Around the galaxy. Around the universe.
The death that almost stopped time itself. Panicked voices whispered. Malicious voices plotted. Heroic voices sobbed. And all voices spoke it aloud at least once.
"The Man of Steel is no more."
The only solace that one might take from this death was that he died heroically. A death that honored him. But it still didn't change the fallout that ensued. There was chaos that ensued from this power vacuum, on both the sides of villains and heroes alike. Villains vyying for control and heroes desperately trying to squash them. The main problem was that where the villains were invigorated by the death of the Kryptonian, the heroes were exhausted mentally and emotionally. If a man like Kal-El could be bested by the scum of the universe, what chance did the rest of them have?
Criminal masterminds started using this vacuum as an opportunity to organize it seemed. They were gathering and lobbing assaults on major cities and governments. The casualty counts of the innocents seemed to be on the rise every day.
With their countries falling around them and nothing they could do, the United Nations did the one thing they could. They made a call to one of the greatest minds on Earth. The Dark Knight.
With the help of the Worlds Greatest Detective and the Martian Manhunter, they began to devise a plan. Divided, the heroes of Earth were weak when compared to the forces of evil. They had no support system, and it seemed like it was each man against the world. But by bringing them together under a central hub and name, things could change. Maybe, just maybe, justice would begin to have a fighting chance. With the Manhunters superior poise and diplomacy and the Batman's connections and intelligence and government resources, they were able to lay the foundation for their last hope.
A group of heroes that could work together to combat evil. A team that could stand up to the greatest foes plaguing not only the Earth, but the universe. A league of heroes.
The Justice League.
- This RP is GMed by myself and Hillan. What we say, goes. And I will add on as I see fit.
- No arguing in the OOC or IC. Take that shit to PM. If you really have a problem with someone else in the RP, talk to myself or Hillan and we will try to get it sorted.
- I expect a 2 paragraph minimum. No debate.
- Following my previous rule; there is no set cap on how long a post can be, but I'll trust your common sense and judgment on what is too much. If I find myself reading 3 paragraphs of what your morning routine is, I will call you out.
- Respect your fellow players and their characters.
- By joining this RP, you give Hillan and myself full ability to mod your characters in your absence. ((And/or take your characters if you were to be removed/drop.))
- Please use proper grammar and the like. Nothing is more irritating than trying to decipher what you've just posted.
- Also, I'm going to take a page from Teeny bby's book and announce that I'll be doing this on a 3 or 2 day cycle. Most likely 3 day. You have 3 days to post before we move on. If you don't post by then, I will move on with out you and mod your character (which I really would prefer not to do, because that's more writing for me. And if I'm pissed enough, I might have Zatanna put them in a tutu in a battle, just because she's feeling like a bitch). If you haven't communicated with me by then as to why you can't post before that time, it will serve as an infraction. 5 infractions, and you're gone and your character is mine to do with as I please (read: I will fuck your character up most likely).
- During the 3 day cycle, you are allowed to post more than once (within reason) but it shouldn't be you going off and trying to progress the plot. This will serve to help character interactions and make things seem more organic.
The Dramatis Personae of our lovely RP can be found HERE