Yellow Dragon Fantasy RP (OOC)
Hello and welcome to the Yellow Dragon fantasy roleplay, a war between countries for the existing world.
A couple of these countries may be neutral, we can discuss this in the OOC.
So here is the story:
This is based off of Chinese mythology, about the 5 constellations or cardinal directions. This also reflects the 4 seasons.
Each country is in a cardinal direction and has a god that represents them:
North is the Tortoise god, it's a snow country. The god represents winter.
West is the Tiger god, it's terrain is mountainous, rocky. The god represents fall.
South is the Phoenix, it's terrain is tropical and dry. The god represents summer.
East is the Dragon, it's terrain comprised of lots of water: lakes, streams, rivers. The god represents spring.
However, there is a central cardinal direction, which is represented by the 5th constellation "Yellow Dragon". This god represents the center or "Earth". This is what we will be fighting for.
For more information on the constellations, click here:
These Gods for now are just worshipped and non-existant. But they may emulate or come alive within the story. They will be NPCS.
Just like the story Fushigi Yuugi, or The Mysterious Play by Yuu Watase, you can be of another world and come to this ancient fantasy land.
We need characters that are of the world though. Mine will be one of them.
Your character may be from a country or can be neutral.
MAP of the world and the 4 cardinal gods:
Picture of the Yellow Dragon:
More information on the roleplay coming soon! Go ahead and feel free to ask questions, comment if you want the roleplay to go another direction, etc.
For now feel free to submit character sheets:
Of the land of 4 gods or another world:
Anything else you'd like to add: (such as hobbies, quirks, maybe techniques they know etc.)
Last edited by Spiritisshining; 11-14-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Name: Mya Sakimoto
Of the land of 4 gods or another world: Land of the 4 gods
Personality: Mya is a reserved person, she can play the flute and meditates. She likes to reflect, is more cool than warm, is a bit serious but has laughter. She is intensely loyal, especially to her companion horse Yu.
History: Mya grew up an only child in her family. Growing up in the country of the North, she is used to snow and cold climates. Her father was a warrior and trained her since she was young sparring with the sword. Her family owned a farm, and Mya's farm gave birth to Yu, her companion horse. Mya eventually went on to train under a master. As part of her mastery, she must travel the world and do deeds and experience the world. It's been 3 years since she began traveling.
Weapons: A long sword
Equipment: Saddle of goods, bag of goods and supplies. Water flask, in the process of carving bows and arrows.
Anything else you'd like to add: (such as hobbies, quirks, maybe techniques they know etc.) Subject to change, this is it for now.
Name: Mathras Nomarutesh, also known simply as Athra to most.
Occupation: Sorcerer, Teacher, Alchemist, Treasure Hunter. He's had a lot of time to do a lot of things.
Of the land of 4 gods or another world: Of a different world, dragged to the Land of Four Gods for unknown reasons and by a means not fully yet understood.
Mathras stands six feet tall even and is even built rather well thanks to his years of traveling and hunting on his own. His body bares the marks of old wounds, including four straight and jagged scars (likely from a clawed beast) across his front upper body, and a rather interesting scar on the palm of his right hand, shaped and discolored as if it were from continued reopening of the same wound. His wavy hair is cut to somewhat below ear level and parts in the middle, sometimes hanging over either ear but usually hanging loose-- regardless of where it is, the part keeps it out of his brown eyes. His face is clean shaven (as he would always prefer) and still maintains a semblance of youth as it did in his mid twenties, and does not bare any scars like the rest of his body.
Personality: You'll have to see it to understand.
History: You'll have to hear it from him to know.
1. A dark, blood red, hooded robe that usually comes with either a black or a bronze-colored sash around the waist. It is adorned with arcane symbols on either forearm. The robe itself is enchanted with runes to protect the user, making the material it is made out of incredibly difficult to cut, but it does very little to pad the force behind blows. Also, it's wonderful for keeping warm in the your alchemical lab subbasement.
2. A black leather pouch held along the belt of his pants that can hold several vials in slots in and outside of the bag in order to carry alchemical ingredients. It is enchanted to allow it to carry more than it physically seems on the outside but still weighs around as much as it would carrying any of the objects inside normally. Thankfully, most reagents are plants.
3. A leather backpack, used to carry anything else needed for journeying or what have you.
4. Typical outfit, consisting of leather boots, cloth pants, and a long-sleeved tunic. Most of it is covered by the robe he wears, and none of it is fancy enough to warrant description.
1. A steel sabre, the crafting of which was commissioned by Mathras and done by a blacksmith he knew through his father. It has a fine edge, capable of cutting and stabbing easily, though it is not as useful against heavily armored opponents without any kind of magical enhancement put upon it. It is his trusted blade and he has trained well with it, but it is generally used as a last resort since his magic is fully capable of doing away with opponents at further ranges. It is held in a leather scabbard that is otherwise non-descript.
2. A steel dagger, tends to be replaced from time to time as it may easily get lost, broken, or lodged into something. A very useful tool on it's own, as well as a useful sidearm for close range. Kept at the hip in a small leather sheath.
Extras: To be... added later as things come to me.
Your oc sounds great! Can't wait to start the roleplay.
Oh hey thanks! Will there be an IC up soon?
Sure thing, just a moment.
- - - Updated - - -
Link to IC:
Want to set the first scene for us Spirit?
Alright, got it. If you need more description of the land, (Mya's in the north country right now) go ahead and let me know.
- - - Updated - - -