When the clash of swords echo...
The journey chasing the past ends, and the journey to know today begins.
One soul seeks another, and pledges their sworn friendship to another.
One mystery begets the next, and the doors of fate are opened.
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you."
YARR, THERE BE SPOILERS ON THE HORIZON. YE'VE BEEN WARNED (Also if you haven't played the game yet, go fill that hole in your heart.)
This RP is set to be 50 years after the events of the game. You don't necessarily have to have beaten the game to participate, but I will be proceeding as though everyone has a basic grasp of the premise, plot, and happenings of the game. If you don't recognize something or want to know a bit more, you're totally free to ask any questions. I'm not going to shun you for lack of knowledge, and it's better for you to ask than to get in over your head. With that said, here we go.
50 years later, the world is largely unchanged, but the heroes have spread their influence throughout the continent:
Dart and Shana - Having overseen the rebuilding of Seles, they left for Mille Sesau, to oversee the rebuilding and repopulating of Dart's hometown of Neet. They occasionally visit the palace, and Shana's mother.
Miranda - With the only blood relative of the Queen having refused the position, Miranda was near unanimously elected Queen.
Haschel and Kongol - Both still alive. Having passed on the mantle of head of the Rouge School, Haschel has retired and now lives a quiet life in Rouge. Kongol grew his fascination with large ships into a prosperous sailing career, and spends his time wandering the blue.
Meru - Went back with the Winglies. Even decades later, the Wingly populace is still mostly the same withdrawn existence they have been for so many years in the past. Meru works hard to broaden Wingly-Human relations, and now serves as a sort of ambassador for both peoples.
Albert - Of course, married Princess (now Queen) Emilie. They have a son, Gavin, who has become Prince of the reunited land of Serdio.
Princess Lisa - Has become Queen of Tiberoa. Relations with Serdio are close, and they are working together to help fill the world with green.
Everything else has been left more or less untouched. With the exception of the royal families, our Heroes have faded into relative obscurity with age, as each new generation takes the current world for granted more and more. They will not feature heavily in the plot, though they may show up.
The Dragoon Spirits -
With the exception of the Jade Dragon Stone (which remains a Serdian Royal Family Heirloom), all of the stones have been lost. This means no character will start off with the ability to transform, and no one should have possession of their stone (with the exception of Gavin, should someone choose to play him - I'll get to that.)
The Characters -
- If the person who picks the Jade Dragoon wishes to play Prince Gavin, they may. However, you're not restricted to him. If you wish to make up a character for the Jade Dragoon, you can do that also (Gavin will become an NPC played by me.)
- As for the rest, there are no restrictions.
- Obviously, Dragoons are first come first served. However this rule does not apply until the OOC is put up. I want to see how interest looks before finalizing anything. Again obviously, this limits the max amount of players to seven. (The Divine Dragoon Stone may pass to someone for story reasons, at my discretion, later in the story.)
- If a few of you want to play Winglies, you may do so (though I won't allow more than three, tops, and even three is pushing it.) Unfortunately I can't allow Giganto characters. It would only besmirch Kongol's dignity.
- Your characters will all start in Bale, for story reasons (though nobody necessarily needs to be from Bale except, obviously, Gavin.)
- If you want your character to be related to a canon character, that's fine. (After all, some LoD Dragoons were related to Dragon Campaign heroes.) Feel free to paint the world your way, just don't go overboard. I don't want the bastard son of Miranda and Kongol running around just because they're your OTP.
The Story -
- There have been rumors of Dragon sightings scattered across the Continent. Of course, King Albert swears that all of the dragons remaining from the Dragon Campaign were killed.
- The Gehrich Gang, who makes their hideout past the Valley of Corrupted Gravity, has reformed in the last few years and is somehow growing massive. Tiberoa has too few soldiers to deal with this threat, and Serdio has offered to assist them. Your characters, for one reason or other, have signed on to the effort. You can be mercenaries, soldiers of the standing army, militia, or just charitable folks with a strong sense of duty. Prince Gavin (who is spearheading the effort) is accepting all volunteers, and promises an unidentified reward for anyone who comes back victorious (most people speculate the obvious answer that it's money.)
- Magic left over from 60 years ago has survived and led to some minor technological developments, with Kazas leading the technological revolution. Primitive guns that work mostly through magical fire are given to the military, or sold to private owners, but are reasonably rare outside of the military. For some reason, in the last year or so, this new 'Magi-tech' has experienced a large boom, and more advanced things are being made in top secret labs, yet to be revealed to the general populace. (Yes, this means if you want your character to have guns, they may. Just keep in mind they function mostly through magic, rather than being like modern guns.)
My personal addenda -
- Please, please PLEASE don't sign up for this and then drop within a week. Half the reason I'm starting an RP in the first place is that this keeps happening to me. I will not be dropping this, I hope I can expect the same of my players.
- This game will be directed by me, the GM. I will play certain NPCs to help move the story along. And unless your characters are actively doing something, I will be moving it along at my own pace. If there's been a round of posting with nothing really happening, I'll find a way to shuffle events forward.
- If someone does choose to play Gavin, I will be PM-ing them certain information known only to him. Afterwards, they can do with that information what they wish (Though I have ways of punishing blabbermouths )
- The Divine Spirit will be given, at a story significant moment, to the character who 'deserves' it most at that point. This means whoever sticks out, and acts as the 'leader' of the group. Of course, not necessarily them, but I expect everyone to at least try and tie themselves into the story, and not be content with playing simple side characters.
- I will also be deciding when each character will get their dragoon spirit. Everyone will receive them within relatively short order, but I'll need to lay them out in such a way as to advance the story, while acquiring spirits. Please don't feel left out if you don't get yours right away, and just trust me.
- I expect Advanced levels of posting, but I'm pretty lenient with what that means. I want proper spelling and grammar, and at least two paragraphs per post, but if you don't want to write novels, don't feel like you have to.
- I'd like everyone to post at least once a week. I don't want this RP to stagnate. If I don't hear from you in a week, even if it's just to tell me you'll be late in posting, I will very probably take over your character and kill them and give their Stone to someone who wants it.
- Lastly, the story may be set in my head, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for player leadership! I like players who aggressively form subplots, relations, and twists between characters, and within themselves. I am inclined to reward that kind of play, because it makes things more interesting for everyone. Be that guy, and you'll find I'll make it worth your while, because it makes my job easier!
- I like character relations. Tension, Romance, Bromance, gimme the works. If the RP ends and all your characters just sort of go their separate ways, you're doing it wrong.
...And that's it, such as it is. I know it seems a bit complex, but the essence of it all is simply that your characters are brought together to begin a quest to take out the Gehrich Gang. If you feel overburdened by info, that's all you need to really keep in mind. This RP will have a beginning, a middle, and an end. It isn't gonna be one of those neverending 'Character-focused' RPs (Though, of course, character interaction is important.) I have a linear plot in my head that I will be attempting to advance (Though I will freely accommodate for any twists you guys think up. I like twists.) and when you defeat the final boss, that's the end. I feel that defining that beginning and end helps give the story structure and form, and keeps things on track.
That said, this can only happen with your interest! I'm looking to have at least 4 players here before starting up (I will include myself as a player if it comes to that, or if nobody claims Gavin, but I want at least four others.) So let's relive this classic together! I'll be answering any and all questions below, and just generally being hype about the whole thing, so go nuts.
(This is also the first RP I've run myself, so if I've made some horrible breach of propriety... well, I'll make up for it with my burning spirit! Ha-ha!)