Early Modern Period Shifters/Modern day Shifters
I've always been a little obsessed with the thought of werewolves (or shifters in general) in the early modern period (this would be around the witch trials in Salem and surrounding areas).
So here's the main conflict I thought up, and I've done something similar but I'd like to re vamp it a little bit.
Its in the middle of the witch trials, and witches aren't the only things under scrutiny and attack. Shifters, having been discovered in Europe, were also brought under attack and torture. Knowing this, the colonials have made a secret search for them, but are rarely successful. Regular animals have been taken for Shifters, and have been killed needlessly. The difference between natural wildlife, and a Shifter is size (think, the wolves from Twilight). Little do the colonials know, Shifters are there for the human communities protection. Witches can be a threat, just as other shifters can be. Our job is to find one human we can trust, to stop the trials, and to let us do our job. We don't know though, who will turn us in, and who will not. The allegiance formed, needs to be one that we can count on for lifetimes.
This story will conclude once we have formed an alliance with the right person, or we have all been killed.
The allegiance formed by our ancestors long ago has been broken, and the perpetrator must be found. They are still within our ranks of witches and Shifters. We are still protectors to the human community, against ourselves, and covens (as it is now safe for covens to convene in this age). While we have to worry about dissension among the ranks, we also have to worry about a hunter following and killing us.
This story will conclude once we have found the perpetrator and dealt with them, or we have dealt with our hunter.
All ideas welcome
So now you have the gist of the story, here are the rules:
We'll start with communication.
1. Clear grammar, spelling and punctuation. If using google Chrome or Firefox, misspelled words will have red squigglies under them. Just right click and correct! I won't be so worried about grammar and punctuation if spelling is correct.
2. A paragraph per post. All I am asking is FOUR sentences you guys. Its really not that hard to come up with four sentences. So obviously, no one liners.
3. Do not insult other players. I will not tolerate bullying, in either the OOC or IC, unless (in the IC) both players agree that this is how they will play their characters.
1. You can be good or bad, it doesn't matter to me. But I prefer to keep everything secret from other players, to keep the story interesting, so please PM me your preference as to good, nuetral or evil.
2. As a shifter, you can shift into ANYTHING, as long as its from the region you live/come from. For example, no tigers or lions, unless you are from Africa, or Asia. If from Europe you can use any animal from Europe. (For example the Persian leopard, hares, voles, golden jackal, etc). Only one animal please.
3. Shifters and natural wildlife rarely get along, but in some cases, there have been found that Shifters find companions with their like shift. (For example, if you are a wolf, you can find another wolf as a companion, but its rare, so not everyone can have one.)
4. As a witch, you cannot have unlimited power. No one will have "unnatural power". Your age indicates your skill, and you must be discreet. Other colonials should not know you practice.
4. All rules of the Early Modern Age apply. Do not go into the woods alone, attend church regularly, do not practice strange rituals, etc, etc.
5. Rules for the Modern Age (today) are different. You have a lot of advantages due to technology, and all kinds of practices are open and accepted. We don't have to be as discreet.
If you think I am missing anything, please let me know. I think I am pretty lax when it comes to the rules, and I've given you guys a lot of free range. You don't have to play as a Shifter, or witch. You can play as a regular person, and we can try to form an alliance with you, or you can turn us in.
A am very interested. This reminds me of the story of the Worgen in WoW.
Ahem. Nerd moment there.
Anyways, yes I am certainly interested. Should more people offer their interest I am excited to see what we can come up with.
BurgundyCove, thank you for your interest. Although I do not play WoW, my boyfriend certainly does, so I should bring this up to him lol.