MWS-001 Grauganzer Data
The Grauganzer is not a particularly beautiful piece of technology.
Its not meant to be.
Constructed mostly of Neo-Titanium alloys, cutting back massively on weight, while also cutting back on expenditures and various other aspects. The design is of a bipedal nature, designed mostly for function over form, with a well-linked together chassis, using magnetic joint linkages in order to prevent wear and tear on moving parts. Very electrical heavy. Weapons systems are conventional with railgun technology, to prevent gravitic distortion from affecting beam weaponry.
Internally powered (for now) by a Phase Transition Engine Induced Gravitic Distortion Reactor. The Phase Transition Engine operates through a little stroke of brilliance by a specific Japanese (big surprise) guy.
The Gravitic Distortion Reactor functions on using the large quantities of energy to allow the Grauganzer a limited amount of control over its own gravitational field. This allows it to propel itself with no effect from gravitational pull, in addition to manifesting a Gravitic Distortion Field of a rather limited scope around the Grauganzer. A Gravitic Distortion Field works by surrounding the mecha in a field projecting approximately 3 feet from the mecha where gravity is entirely controlled by the on-board computer. This field can divert both energy and mass, due to the influence of gravity on both things, although mass takes greater quantities of energy than a laser takes to divert. The amount of effort required to divert something depends on two factors: The mass of the object, and the speed of the object. Energy alone has a great deal of speed, but no mass to speak of, resulting in something easy to divert. A projectile with mass, however, has both the mass and speed. This provides superior energy defense, and above-average projectile defense. Safety is obviously the number one concern, and the Grauganzer certainly delivers in this aspect, being, fundamentally, designed to be both fast and very very durable.
Standard armaments include two twin-linked 40mm Railguns mounted on the left shoulder, and fired using the open left hand, adaptable to fire multiple types of ammunition. This takes up one arm. The other arm is a free, open hand. The Railguns are linked to the Distortion Field, causing the field to split for a microsecond to let shots out. This is the main type of armament that remains constant throughout all variatians of the Grauganzer, and is only detached when using the Heavy Assault Pack, due to the pack being fitted with much larger general purpose weapons.
Further packs and additions to the Grauganzer are based upon specific functions needed for it.
* Comes with a secondary PT Engine to supercharge the Distortion Field.
* Replaces Railguns with a three-barrel 60mm Railgun running on a Gatling-style of function.
* Adds Burst Cannon: This is little more than an up-scale oversized flak cannon mounted on the right shoulder that fires off a wide spread of angry, hot metal chunks.
* Heavier armor. Slower to move around in, but much more firepower.
Comes with secondary PT Engine, but this is to power up the Distortion field to allow it to bend light, to a degree.
Railguns are still in place.
Comes with large sensor pack and scanners to detect various energies and other fun things.
Comes with Cameleoline Cloak.
Railguns are still in place, comes with shoulder-mounted on the right side a 100mm Railgun.
Armor is reduced to allow for faster speed.
Comes with Silent Running mode to shut off energy signals and various other detectable bits that it has.
Comes with dual shoulder mounted Railguns.
Also comes with tac-nuke grenades. Gravitic Distortion protects from the effects of radiation by preventing energetic particles from penetrating the hull.
Slightly heavier armor.
* Comes with numerous tools to move earth and the rest of that, designed more as a support-role, but can serve in a fight in a pinch.
* Comes with standard Railguns.
* Although Gravitic Distortion allows the Grauganzer to move in any direction effortlessly, it cannot move at a particularly high speed, due to the lack of strength on the field.
* Comes with particle ejector boosters mounted on legs and arms in order to propel faster. Can maneuver as quickly as your average fighter jet, with the advantage of no air resistance.
* Comes with full assortment of missile packs to more effectively target and take down other fast-moving aerial targets.
Outer Space Superiority:
*Again, Gravitic Distortion DOES allow the Grauganzer to operate in space, but not at sufficient speeds for serious space engagements. In addition, although the Grauganzer comes with built-in CBR defense systems, it has no life support systems for outer space operations, meaning this package is a necessity until life support systems become miniaturized enough to be mounted on the base model.
* Particle Ejector Boosters, as Aerial Superiority.
* Double-Mounted Railguns on both shoulders.
* Second PT Engine to fuel Life support systems.
There are more packs than this, and this is merely an example.
All of these packs are designed to be propelled out from a central battleship to attach to the Grauganzer, or the Grauganzer to be deployed with them. Proper technique and maneuvering is necessary to get to them, however, actual activation and equipping of the packs is generally managed by the Gravitic Distortion Reactor and the onboard computer systems.