Below are a series of questions that people could possible pose which have been answered, if you do have a question that hasn't be addressed please post it here and we will be happy to clear up anything that is confusing.
Q: Do I need a graphics shop to participate?
A: No you do not.
Q: Do I need a certain program to participate?
A: Use whatever your heart desires.
Q: Why is this happening???
A: Because it's fun and spreads a little cheer around. It is a way to get to know fellow artists, promote new faces and do some good for someone else.
Q: Why the anonymity?
A: We don't want any bias to be had when making graphics, that is why Squee is helping us maintain and delegate who fills what request.
Q: Do I need to use the graphics someone made for me?
A: Well it would be the polite thing to do. No one likes making something only to have it tossed aside. A suggested period of use might be at least a week but no one is forcing you.
Q: So I can request a SIGNATURE and AVATAR set? Or just one?
Q: Should the artist put his or her own initials on the artwork before finishing it?
A: If they want, it's up to the individual.
Q: Does my request have to be holiday themed?
A: Not at all! You can request something with dogs in hulas skirts if you want. Anything.
Q: If I'm not sure what I want, can I just leave an area blank on the form?
A: Sure, though it is best to give some guidelines at least, such as a picture or description.
Q: Is this an official Contest?
A: No it's not.
Below are some hints and notes that might be useful for anyone entering who needs a little advice:
- Large high quality pictures tend to be easier to use than small ones.
- Deadlines must be followed, if you miss a deadline we will not make exceptions, however Squee, myself and Lillian will try to remind those participating via PM near deadlines and with posts in this thread.
- If you must drop out for any reason, please let us know.
- The best place to look for images depends on what you're looking for, make sure if you're using something from DA that you get the artist's permission.
- Once this event is over, Squee can reveal who had what in this thread if she wishes.
- If you submit two different requests, make sure you're happy with either one being filled.
- And finally this is a creative event so please have fun.