The Fifth Blight of Urthemiel was averted in Ferelden... the Hero allied with the various powers and was able to slay the Archdemon at the top of Fort Drakon. Dalish, Dwarves, Mages, Human Knights, Golems... all were fielded in the massive Battle of Denerim. The Hero, a Casteless man from Orzammar himself... was elevated to Warrior Caste, and was eventually elevated to Paragon status for his deeds. House Brosca quickly became highly favored by King Bhelen, no doubt due to it's Patriarch's aid to him in obtaining both the crown, and a strong force of Golems.
In the time after the blight... Paragon Drogan Brosca, Warden-Commander of Ferelden, ruled over the Arling of Amaranthine. His efforts there against the machinations of "The Mother" and "The Architect" gained him as much favor on the surface as his efforts in Orzammar gained him fame there. In slaying both the Mother and the Architect, the Deep Roads grew quieter than anyone could ever remember them being. And now, with the records of Dailan... 57 families have been elevated from Casteless status... up to Warrior Caste. This constituted a massive swelling of the ranks of Orzammar's army. With well over 2000 fresh warriors, and a force of over 100 new Golems... Bhelen declares a new campaign...
The "Return to Glory" he calls it. A push into the deep roads to reclaim the Thaigs that had been lost to the Darkspawn. The Aeducan Thaig and even Caradin's Cross were reclaimed swiftly. Kal'Hirol was reclaimed as well... with the assistance of Sigrun, Oghren, and the Paragon Brosca. And so now, a push into Ortan Thaig is being organized. It falls to the new members of the Warrior Caste to prove to the Nobles and older Warrior Families that they are just as skilled and proud to reclaim their past as any dwarf.
In honor of his friend, the Paragon Brosca... King Alistair gifted the casteless families with a grand total of three hundred Mabari War Hounds. The stalwart canines, he said, would prove more than worthy of serving in battle in the deep roads as they were on the surface. In addition... to assist in the cases of inevitable swallowing of darkspawn blood by those hounds... he gifted to Orzammar a significant quantity of the herbal remedy developed by kennel masters in times past.
With the help of their mabari, as well as the Orzammar "Circle"... a collection of Apostates who saw Orzammar as the one place where they would be valued for their skills rather than hated for them... the former casteless prepare for the coming battle. For upon the blowing of the morning horn tomorrow, they march to reclaim Ortan Thaig. This will be their story... this will be their Return to Glory.
1. Don't be an asshole. A bit of argueing is alright, as is friendly debate. But if things start getting heated, take it to PMs.
2. Don't argue with GMs too much. If you disagree with a ruling, say so and say why. I will re-evaluate my opinion and may reconsider my stance. If I say something is final, however... do not continue to debate it.
3. This is casual/high-casual. Minimum 2-paras per post please. An occasional single paragraph will be acceptable if something is particularly tough to respond to... but let people know in the OOC if something needs more for you to reply to. Perhaps edits could be made.
4. Please try to remain active. Give notice if you'll be gone for more than two days. If you are gone for four or more days, your character will be puppeted. If you are gone for more than 8, they will likely be killed.
5. Collabs are encouraged. They're fun. :3
6. Have fun. Don't spam GIFs. No Lemon Party. Thor is best Avenger.
7. Most everyone will be playing a Dwarf. I don't care if you're Warrior or Rogue... as both can fight well. If you want to be an Orzammar Circle Mage, or simply a different race... PM me first.
(( Violation of the rules will result in a warning. Further violations will likely result in a ban. ))
I will include a CS Template and post an OOC when enough interest is shown.