So, guys; a few months ago, there was an Advanced Naruto RP I was a part of which could have been awesome, but it failed because of bickering between the GM and his Co-GM. I don't take any credit for the write-up of the OOC - which I've quoted below - it was all done by Ultimatum - but I'd like to use the story that he had in mind, if any of you are interested. I'm open to feedback, and other ideas - leave your thoughts below?
And, you just have to admit, that OOC looks awesome.
...After a grueling decade of warfare, the fighting has finally stopped leaving the husks of formerly tall, proud, villages to pick up the remnants of their shattered lives and begin anew.
The five major shinobi villages survived the war relatively intact, leaving them as the cornerstones of power in the ages to follow, many of the minor villages, however, were unable to cope with the sheer military power and were reduced to a fraction of their previous influence in the world.
The forefront of the war: the Village Hidden in the Leaves, Konohagakure, suffered heavily from losses as two of its legendary figureheads the first and second hokage gave their lives to protect the nation. Sarutobi, Hiruzen - personal bodyguard and student of Nidaime Hokage - is given the title of Sandaime Hokage and presides over the village with a firm, yet fair rule in order to build up strength in a time where uneasy peace and fragile oaths stave yet another war.
Kumogakure and Iwagakure, the Village Hidden in the Clouds and the Village Hidden in the Earth respectively, do not seem to have noticed that the war is over; while the majority of the fighting has seen an end, these two villages continuously skirmish along their borders for control of the surrounding farmlands and military supremacy in the region. The Cloud's ageing Nidaime Raikage, near death has yet to name a successor to his rule, whilst Rock's Sandaime Tuschikage [Onoki of Both Scales], user of Kekkai Toutai "Particle Style" ninjutsu, is well into his time as leader of Iwagakure with no signs that he'll step down anytime soon.
The two villages continuously push the boundaries of peace and are wholly military oriented at this point, giving each a savage reputation among the other nations. Iwagakure, especially, whose previous and current Kages show no qualms in using under-handed tactics and betrayal to improve the well-being of the village, is greatly frowned upon by the other nations.
Kirigakure, the Village Hidden in the Mist, has not fared as well as the others. Owing to unforseen circumstances, the land of Kirigakure has been without the leadership of a Kage for the past 10 years, the village depends entirely on the ruling "sub-sectors" of Mafia bosses to control its outlying fishing-towns while referring to a parliamentary gathering of village-elders within the confines of the main arm of the village.
It is a land highly forfeit of honor of order, making trade between the lands increasingly difficult.
Almost as remote as Iwagakure is Sunagakure, the Village Hidden in the Sands, while still retaining the leadership of the third Kazekage [The Famous Magnet User] its military has been reduced to something of a "police force" to control domestic dispute, the village has fallen on hard times and even at the urging of the controlling party, the inhabitants seem reluctant to enter into the ninja academy - seeing no honor or reward from becoming a shinobi of Sunagakure.
- The Village Hidden in the Leaves is known for its abundance of clans and, essentially, being the birthplace of much of the ninja world. It has a deep and diverse history which is all rooted to the Senju and Uchiha clans (the direct descendants to Rikudou-Sennin himself). The land itself is fertile and the village is ripe with vendors, ninja, farmers, and the like - despite the recent tribulations of war. Although, civil unrest has been brewing between the infamous Uchiha clan and the remnants of the rule which the Senju clan had left...
It's leader; Sarutobi, Hiruzen has taken the helm after the second hokage passed away and has become a figurehead for a fair but just rule in order to bring the village back to days of peace and plenty.
- The Village Hidden within the Earth has ridden the current of war since its first days, and the village makes a living off of such. The village is frowned upon by all four of the other major shinobi nations who believe that even its underhanded tactics are a little too dishonorable for even a ninja. The war profiteering and mercenary forces at work within the village make a very disciplined life-style necessary for survival, the Tsuchikage: Ōnoki of Both Scales, commands the village with an iron-fist.
Ōnoki of Both Scales
- A user of the "particle-style" Kekkei Toutai, he is a force to be reckoned with even in his advancing age, yet is beloved by his villagers despite what any other nation may say - he takes care of his village is if it were his own flesh and blood. Continuous warfare seem to have only made the nation's economy grow stronger - while a rapidly advancing movement seeks to make military growth increase through optimized teaching strategies...Genin, good luck!
- The Village Hidden in the Clouds is one of mysterious origins and even stranger people, dwelling high on mountain-tops their economy is in the rare mountain-plants that they cultivate and its amazing artisan craftsmen who are considered master carpenters, artists, and most importantly...swordsman. The nation's top shinobi seem to be skilled with the art of a blade, which is definitely a rite of passage in Kumogakure. Many of those who have been refining their skills for generations passed away during the war, leaving a fresh generation of apprentices to fill in for their master's absence. The village, however, is faring worse now than ever. With the downfall of it's leader (who slips in and out of consciousness sporadically) and no foreseeable end to the drawn-out entanglement with the Rock village, the people of the Cloud wish desperately to make peace with their warring neighbors.
You begin your journey as a Genin, the beginning ranks of a nation's army and a student above all. In your journeys you will meet many people, make many enemies, break fasts with your allies, and conquer the battlefield with your comrades. You will make your nation, your village, and your family proud...but above all, you will be Shinobi.
Now than, what shall we put in the Ninja Registry?
Age | Gender: 17 | Derpina
Village: Village Hidden in the DerpsRank: Elite Derp-nin
Here you would write about your personality, in between the indent tags.
Here you would write about your background, in between the indent tags
Here you've already given an image (located above), but can still write a physical description if you'd like.
Abilities and Armament:
Here you can write a little about your fighting style.
No code has to be inserted here.
- A technique utilizing timing to throw two explosive tags at once, the second one will pass under the shadow of the first, making it temporarily invisible to the defending shinobi. It can be used to turn the tide even amongst the most experienced fighters.
- A technique where one utilizes the *hider* tags in order to list their custom jutsu in the appropriate "rank" sections.
No code has to be inserted here.
How A Table Works
A table is fairly simple to use, you're using the key to the right of your closing bracket (closing bracket looks like this: ] ) while pressing shift, to separate columns. In order to go DOWN a row, just hit the "enter key". So, for example:
No code has to be inserted here.Code:[Table]Column 1 | Column 2 [/table]
"But Ultimatum!" You say, "It's too hard! How do I get something on the next row!?"
...Well, that's pretty easy you big babies! All you'd have to do is (as said above) hit the enter key.
No code has to be inserted here.Code:[Table]Column 1 | Column 2 Below 1 | Below 2 [/table]
So, with that being said, you can do nifty things like multiple columns, having more things in one row than the other, etc.
No code has to be inserted here.Code:[Table]Tomatoes | Asparagus | Onion | Cucumber Jenny | David | | Melinda Jose | Marcy | | Garfunkel Tammy| Bill Samantha [/table]
- Please be respectful of everyone's opinion/right to role-play with us, flaming/trolling/harassment/etc. will NOT be tolerated.
- Unless accepted by myself, do not post in any of the threads without permission.
- It is highly recommended that you follow the character sheet guidelines given above, however if you are too slow or stubborn to, I will accept modified characters sheets as long as all the information is present.
- Place the word "muffin" somewhere in your character sheet so I know you read these rules, peasants!
- Most importantly have fun and be safe.