Basically I'm looking to do a game that takes place after the movies. We have a fledgling New republic continuing its war with the Imperial Remnant, while Luke tries to establish the New Jedi Order.
This game will create our own canon for the Star Wars Universe. While we may use some aspects of the EU, this game is separate from it.
I will allow pre existing Jedi to be used, so if you've always wanted to use Quinlan Vos, feel free to apply for him. There will be a limit of 2 characters, and you can choose from an existing character, or you could even create your own character.
- You may choose either a pre-existing character that fits the time period of the game, or create a SW character of your own.
- Created characters must make sense and be original. Any character that is found to be too much like an existing character will NOT be approved.
- If you are playing an alien, stay true to the mindset and general culture of that race. So do you're homework before selecting an alien race to play as.
- Unnamed, faceless NPC's may be killed, provided it's not random and has some purpose behind it. PC character deaths must be more than just some random death, and must have meaning behind it other than shock. Major NPC characters are off limits.
- Constructive criticism of posts can be given, but don't be an ******* about it and openly criticize another's work. We're not all as gifted a storyteller as George Lucas, or as skilled a writer as Timothy Zahn.
- Communication is the one word to live by for the RPGs. Good communication between players not only helps the flow of the arc and increases the enjoyment of the storytelling process, but it also helps create new twists and ideas that can make for some memorable stories.
- You can reside on any world in the Star Wars Universe and go anywhere within the galaxy that you desire, including the Unknown Regions.
- You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialouge. Do not exaggerate your abilities, or mannerisms. BE Your character.
- Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
- You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.
- Know your weaknesses and strengths of your character, and your craft (a smuggler is not going to win a straight fight against a Jedi, and a X-Wing isn't going to do much against an Imperial Star Destroyer).
- The Gamemasters have the final say in matters in the RPG. You may not always like their judgement, but that's life. Arguing about it is not only pointless, but does absolutely nothing to help your cause. Just man the **** up and move on.
- There should be minimal cursing and swearing in posts.
- People who disobey these rules, some more major than others, will get booted from the RPG by the Gamemasters.
For Information on Planets, Places, and Potential Characters, look no further than Wookieepedia for all your SW needs.