Ranks of The Guild - Rules, Ranking, & Discussion Thread
Challenging For Rank
- Although it should go without saying, you may only challenge for a rank higher than your own.
- Challenges may only be made within a three rank range of the challenging rank. So, 20 can challenge up to 17, 19 up to 16, etc. Challenges beyond that range will not be recognized as rank battles.
- The challenger should first contact the holder of their desired rank through VM or PM, in order to confirm the acceptance of the challenge. These should also include the terms and conditions under which the battle would take place.
- A challenge is null and void if it is not accepted.
- The challenger and the challenged are to confer and come to a suitable arena, battle type, and character level together.
- Challenge threads MUST be labeled as being for Rank in the thread title. I.E. – “So-and-So vs. Such-and-Such (For Rank [Insert Rank Number]).” Rilla vs RequiemX (For Rank 1) If the battle’s status as a rank battle is not clarified, the results will not be recognized as being for rank.
- All Ranking battles require at least one person (preferably two) to act as impartial judges to determine the victor. A battle cannot commence until a judge, has taken up responsibility over the match.
- Judges may only be pulled from the ranks, or from ranking ‘staff’ members.
- Any battle that takes place, for whatever reason, without a (proper) judge having presided over it, will not count, and any rank gain(s) will not be recognized.
- For the sake of avoiding stagnancy in the ranks, Rank battles will be contained within both a post maximum, and time limit.
- A battle will be called at the maximum amount of posts set by the combatants, or at the end of a one month period. Whichever comes first.
- A combatant that fails to post within a week of the most recent post in a battle will be issued a warning, and a two day grace period, after which, if they have not made a reply, they will be deemed as the loser of the battle.
- Upon defeating an RPer of a higher rank, a person is moved up to the rank of the person they defeated.
- The defeated RPer is dropped down by one rank, as are any RPers in between the challenger and the challenged.
- In the event of open spaces as a result of dropouts and removals, the remaining ranks will be condensed, and open ranks may be claimed on a first come, first serve basis. No ranks will be held in reserve.
- Any and all foreseeable or concrete absences should be reported to the Ranking staff.
- Short-term absences (such as Friday –Sunday weekends) require no accommodations; merely the informing of the absence is required.
- An extended absence will be defined as anything exceeding the typical weekend period, through to roughly 2 weeks. Under such absences, a member will be given the option of either removing themselves from the ranks, or blocking their rank from challenges for that time period. A three-day grace period will be allotted for blocked members to return to the action.
- A long-term absence will be defined as anything that reaches or exceeds a month. A long-term absence will be dealt with by removing the absentee from the ranks.
- A member that does not participate in rank challenges for at least a month will be on viable grounds for removal from the ranks. The partial exception to this is Rank 1. Rank 1 must, however, remain active in the OOC thread when not being challenged, and offer themselves actively as a judge.
Rules & Offences
- All members of the Ranks are to uphold the rules and etiquette of general roleplaying, the Arena and of the Guild itself.
- Anyone found repeatedly deviating from those standards will be removed from the ranks, and denied reentry until such a time that the ranking staff deems them suitable for reentry.
Problems, Concerns & Suggestions
- If you have any discrepancy with the system mentioned above, then express those through PMs with Ranking staff members.
- If you, as a combatant, are experiencing troubles with another combatant, or feel you have been unfairly challenged, then bring the matter up with a Ranking staff member prior to accepting a challenge or entering a ranking battle.
- If you are feel that a judge has not passed fair judgment, refer to a Ranking staff member, for them to review the decision made by the judge.
~The Current Ranks~
- Tasuke(unless he wishes for a different spot)
- Rayn Night
- Transcendent Al