BEGINNING OF THE OOC THREAD. CS templates to be posted soon.
I got the idea from all the zombie RPs I'd seen going around. But zombies - due to stereotypes and such - have very limited potential, do they not? The 'insane' however, are arguably some of the most brilliant minds.
Take Russell Crowe's character in A Beautiful Mind. Or perhaps Gary Soneji/Murphy from Along Came A Spider. There will always be questions asked about Dr. Hannibal Lecter, and how about Leonardo Di Caprio in Shutter Island? You've got to admit they're all quite interesting, once thought about.
I'm after interested RPers to join me in this interesting storyline, the OOC thread of which I'll write up once I've at least one willing to play.
PM or comment below.
I'm looking for [to begin with]:
These are the ones who will have escaped, to 'terrorise the city'. They may have any of the following, although research will be required [asides from the general overview I will provide in the OOC] to successfully portray such a character. If there are any alternative disorders wished to be used, comment or PM with a description, and how it would be used.
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
The doctors work at the Asylum, the police may be enlisted to aid capture. I'd like at least one to be seriously concerned, and thus attempt a retrieval of the escapees. There is an allowance for a 'rogue' doctor, who perhaps released the patients as a social experiment or something of the like, but my primary search is first and foremost for a 'good guy'. Please know the difference between the types below. Again, I will provide an overview in the OOC thread.
- Private Investigator
- Police Officer
These are the people in danger by the patients for any number of reasons [the following merely examples]. NPCs will also be used for extra civilians.
- Previous relationship
- Rude passer-by
- Petty criminal
- Cop who arrested them
- Random stranger
BASIC RULES [IC]:
- NO GODMODDING. Doctors can be armed with sedatives, etc, but no, they can not instantly find and kill a patient. Patients have a mental disorder, they do not have super powers. Civilians may be armed with a gun, but no they can not bring C4.
- Patients; there is no need to forever evade capture. You can be captured, and escape again. I'd like a long-term/continuous RP, full of suspense.
- Civilians; if you are killed eventually, create another if you wish it. Try something different.
- Doctors; follow your profession first and foremost to hunt these fellows.
BASIC RULES [OOC]:
- Casual [high] to Advanced if possible. I'd like a decent amount of detail and thought. 3 paragraphs minimum, and try not to go over 6. I'd like everyone to keep up fairly.
- Post frequently. There is a lot happening, and we can't simply wait for you until we all move again. Try to keep up, please.
- Correct spelling and grammar is a must.
- Character development; you may use flashbacks, thoughts, whatever you need to create and develop your character.
- Don't just leave without telling us. If you want/need to, PM or post in thread and we can organise your death and open the RP space back up.
- I'm interested in this running long-term, so if you only like short RPs, by all means you're welcome to join and then die but please let me know first. Hopefully each category will have room for more players.
The OOC thread will contain character sheets, the plot, the setting, descriptions for each profession/disorder, and anything else I missed, and is welcome to as many applications as wanted; there might not be room right away, but as I said once it gets off the ground, hopefully there will be later.