___It's been a cold, wet autumn in the small town of Tryst, and the winter promises more of the same. The harvest has been brought in, the days grow short, and the nights grow dangerous. Dangerous with wolves and bears, bandits and vagabonds, all driven to hunger by the dwindling life. As it is every winter, and as it will most likely continue to be for winters to come. And, as usual, the people of Tryst respond by withdrawing into their homes, and welcoming warm fires. For in the shelter of your own home, the dangers of the wilderness cannot touch you. Cannot touch you, that is, until the night begins to grow from the inside. Corrupting hearts and raising old magics.
___And when the fires go out, beware the things that lurk in the dark.
Welcome to the Beginning (Day Phase 1)
Dark Uprising (Night Phase 1)
• There are two phases. The Day Phase, and the Night Phase. Both together are considered a round. Different roles can act during different kinds of phases, so the distinction is important. The Day Phase ends with the lynch post, while the Night Phase ends with the murder post.
• There will be three 'sides', as it were, in this game. Killers, Townsfolk, and Neutrals. Each side has it's own win conditions.
• Killers win if all townsfolk are dead, and they are the only Killer left as well.
• Townsfolk win if all Killers are dead.
• Neutrals win as long as they are alive when either Townsfolk or Killers win.
• Each Day Phase, everyone will PM me a vote for who they wish to lynch. Whoever has the most votes will then be killed by the mob (AKA you guys).
• There will be injuries in this game. It takes two injuries to kill someone (Healthy -> Injured -> Dead)
• Injured players can do anything a healthy player can do. It just means that they're closer to being dead that usual.
• General note: If any role attempts to injure/kill a role capable of inflicting injure or death, the targeting role will also be injured. Exception is if a killing role targets an injuring role, in which case the clearly superior killer walks away without a scratch.
• Players will be matched with roles at random. So asking for a role is kind of pointless (and may result in me slanting story post hints against you as punishment)
• If you aren't in the game, please stay out of this thread. I'd rather not have random people cluttering up the thread. So, if you aren't in the player list at the bottom of this post, stay away. (Well, actually, read all you want. Just don't post)
• Dead players are allowed one last post, then they too must fall silent. However, there are several ways to come back from the dead. So as a general rule of thumb, you can continue to talk in here until I PM you telling you that you only have one more post.
• Lynch votes and role actions will be sent to me by PM. Any votes made in the thread itself will be ignored. However, feel free to make votes in the thread if you want others to know what your voting (or if you want to lie to people)
• For the sake of organization, please title all PM's to me as "Grimm Doubt Vote/Action" or something along those lines.
• Feel free to talk to others via PM, though discussion in the main thread is encouraged, as it provides fuel for story posts, and makes things overall more entertaining for everyone involved.
• On that note, however, there shall be no screenshots of PMs. It ruins games. If I find out that someone took a screenshot of any PM related to this game, they will be killed off. Dramatically, and in a very unflattering manner. Still, feel free to quote PMs, as those are extremely easy to fake.
• Don't be too much of a dick. So stupid butthurt drama or encrypted messages can be left at the door, thank you very much.
• Disclaimer: Rules and/or roles may be changed by moi for the sake of keeping the game interesting (for example, if half the killers die in the first phase or two). This probably won't happen, but I want to give myself the maneuvering space if I need it.
• The Butcherer: Primary killer. Each Round is able to choose someone to kill off.
• Werewolf: Secondary killer. Every other Night Phase is able to kill someone.
• Witch: Neutral aligned. Chooses one person to target one other person (if the first person doesn't have a targetting role, then nothing will happen)
• Stitcher: Secondary killer. Each Night Phase may choose one dead player to bring back as a Zombie.
• Zombie: Each Night Phase choose someone to injure. If they would be injured, then they die.
• Mayor: At the beginning of the game, people send me PMs saying who they want to vote into the Mayor role. Mayor gets two votes for lynching.
• Detective: Each Night Phase chooses one person to discover their role.
• Herbalist: Each Day Phase may choose one person to heal. (Healing means if that person is injured/would become injured, they become healthy. If the target would be killed the same Phase as healed, they become injured instead)
• Prostitute: Once a Round chooses one person to cockroleblock for a Phase. (That person is unable to do anything [including lynch vote]) The Prostitute is also immune to matchmaker suicide.
• Matchmaker: Can choose two people to fall hopelessly in love with each other. Should either of the chosen people die, then the other will commit suicide. Once the original pairing is dead, the Matchmaker is able to choose one more pair to fall in love (Once they die, the the Matchmaker does nothing).
• Secret Roles: There's eleven of 'em, as everyone (everyone) gets a role in here. Whoo.
White = Normal ; Orange = Injured ; Red = Dead
14) Cressida Hawker
17) Squee (Matchmaker)