You've heard of the Sierra Madre Casino. We all have, the legend, the curses. Foolishness about it lying in the middle of the City of the Dead, buried beneath a blood-red cloud. A bright, shining monument luring treasure hunters to their doom.
The world's most famous stars and entertainers were invited to its Grand Opening. An invitation was a sign of... exclusiveness. The opening was supposed to symbolize a road to a brighter future, not just for the world... but for all who came to its doors. A chance for anyone to begin again.
The Sierra Madre never opened. The War froze it in time, like a big flashbulb going off. The Grand Opening - one big ending of humanity. It's still out there, in the wastes, preserved, just waiting for someone to crack it open.
But getting to it. That's not the hard part.
It's letting go.
You awaken on the cold ground, the air humid and nearly all your belongings gone. All you have on your back is a thin jumpsuit and a slight memory of how you got here. Welcome to the Sierra Madre. Attached around your next is a large bulky collar; don't bother to try to remove or disarm it. Any tempering too it will cause it to blow up; taking your head with it. A voice comes out of it; the sound of an old man, demanding and threatening. "Hello? Can you hear me? Good. Not listen up; you feel this collar around your neck? That means you work for me now. Try to get out, try to play smart, tell me 'no'? I won't hesitate to kill you." The voice calls himself "Elijah", and beyond that, there isn't much else he tell you about himself. But he does tell you about what he wants to you do; in this place, there are others. Others who are necessary to open the gates to the Sierra Madre. Your mission; find them. Help them and keep them alive, while each one of you work towards opening the gates, and getting to the Sierra Madre. Each of you have skills and abilities that you must utilize in order to get inside; but once that happens, what will you do? Will you seek out treasure at the price of everyone else? Or are you able to let go?
1. No God Modding: This should be obvious, but allow me to elaborate; I want no one to control characters other then their own, AND any NPC's I sick against you. If I send a Ghost Hunter after you, the battle will between my Ghost Hunter and your character. I'll be fair, but know your own limits.
2. Finding Loots: If you ever played Dead Money, then you should damn well know that you can't find anything or much Mohave gear. If you want to search through boxes or corpses, simply say that your character is looking through a container or corpse; I'll decided what you might find.
3. No Killing other players off: Not yet at least. While I can understand that each of you will have your own conflicts with each other, refrain from killing each other until the gates open up.
4. My rule is law: I'm no unreasonable GM, and while I do not like to argue, if you have something that I find questionable, shoot me a PM about it or accept whatever I say.
5. NCR Rangers: I'm just going to lay this out now; first come first serve, and I'll only accept one. And if he or she is a deserter, you can just forget about it; fucking tired of seeing NCR Rangers who left the army after shooting their spotter and swiping all their gear and and leaving with their health intact.
6. Ammo: I want everyone to keep track of their ammo count. This way, just because you have a gun, doesn't mean that you can go around killing Ghost People indiscriminately. At the end of your post, if you have a firearm or a energy weapon, write the name and how much ammo it has, including how much ammo you used in a fire fight. So if you start with a Police Pistol with six shots and kill a Ghost Trapper with five, at the end of the post write "Police Pistol (1)" because you use five out of the six shots you were given. Also write it down for thrown weapons like spears and grenades/mines. The Spears are reusable, but if you don't specify picking them up, it will be assumed that you don't have it.
7. Weight: Everyone can carry up to 100lbs of stuff, male or female, and for each point in strength, you can carry 10lb more. I won't tell you to keep track of this, but if you have two Automatic Rifles, ten throwing spears, a couple of gas bombs, and a lot of alcohol, you'd not going to be jumping across any gaps or outrunning the ghost people any time soon.
8. Enjoy yourselves: Were here to have fun. Take it easy. I know we all want to be badasses, but there's a time and place for that.
Name: Obvious thing you know, but it can speak a lot about yourself. Include titles and nicknames.
Age: Be reasonable. If you're an NCR Ranger who earned his Ranger Sequoia, you better be over the age of thirty. If you're able to run across rooftops and and fit into a box, you better not be some old guy.
Tag Skills: Chose four out of the the fourteen: Guns · Energy Weapons · Unarmed · Melee Weapons · Explosives · Medicine · Sneak · Lockpick · Science · Repair · Speech · Barter · Survival. Put it in this order: First is Most skilled, second and third are decently skilled, and the last one is slightly skilled.
Perks: Choose Five based on the four skills you chose above. I will allow skills from Fallout 3 if I deem them acceptable.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L: You basic stats known as Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck. Distribute 40 points amongst the seven stats, and remember; this isn't the video game. A low perception means you're basically blind and deaf, and with no Charisma you couldn't even lie to the guy with low perception. Balance things out.
Starting Weapon: You can choose one of the following as your starting weapon: Brass Knuckles, Lead Pipe, Police Pistol (6 bullets), or a Flare Gun (10 rounds). Choose wisely, you may get better weapons if I feel merciful.
History: I like detailed biographies, and I don't mind if you leave a bit out for mystery, but they have to make sense with certain factors; if you're good with guns and can repair them, you better be something more then some wastelander who happens to have owned a pistol for a good part of his life. Not to say it won't work if you can make it work, just trying to make sure that a Legionary doesn't have skills with energy Weapons or any specific Science, or that a NCR trooper can do an organ transplant despite being trained as the demotion expert. Also put in how you found out about the Sierra Madre and a bit on why you would try to find it.
Appearance: No fantasy and no real pictures, otherwise I don't mind anime, description, or whatever floats your boat. Just remember that even if you're picture shows you in Power Armor and a Rocket Launcher, in the RP you're going to start out with a jumpsuit and a a dinky weapon. If your character as cybernetics, explain what it's function is; I don't want people coming in with powerfist built into them. Pipboys are okay though.
Other: Quirks, relations, and whatever else doesn't fit to what was given above.